CSAFL

Hands_Free

Good luck with season ahead with the select team. As you have explained not always possible to pick the guys you want for various reasons but still have a strong team there by looks of it

How’s it going Rodger dodger im the select manager mate and to fill you in dale and Tyler were asked early on in season but play too many games including Scotland set-up , as for David grant he was included but not back form Vegas till Thursday , Kevin fell is a great young player and will hopefully be included in future games , and franny also a great player but told me playing so many games at his age is difficult which I understand as I’m an old c**t too [emoji23]

Guest Mick Kennedy
2 hours ago, Pipeandslippers said:

How’s it going Rodger dodger im the select manager mate and to fill you in dale and Tyler were asked early on in season but play too many games including Scotland set-up , as for David grant he was included but not back form Vegas till Thursday , Kevin fell is a great young player and will hopefully be included in future games , and franny also a great player but told me playing so many games at his age is difficult which I understand as I’m an old c**t too emoji23.png

Good luck mate, I’m sure you will be a success 

3 hours ago, Pipeandslippers said:

How’s it going Rodger dodger im the select manager mate and to fill you in dale and Tyler were asked early on in season but play too many games including Scotland set-up , as for David grant he was included but not back form Vegas till Thursday , Kevin fell is a great young player and will hopefully be included in future games , and franny also a great player but told me playing so many games at his age is difficult which I understand as I’m an old c**t too emoji23.png

You’ve probably noticed already it’s a thankless job! Everybody has a better squad and you should have picked this player or that player. I’m doing the LEAFA select again this season and last year I had the same. People don’t realise that not every player wants to commit to it etc

All the best mate and our paths may cross through the season. 

1 hour ago, Dinsey said:

You’ve probably noticed already it’s a thankless job! Everybody has a better squad and you should have picked this player or that player. I’m doing the LEAFA select again this season and last year I had the same. People don’t realise that not every player wants to commit to it etc

All the best mate and our paths may cross through the season. 

Dinsey when will leafa be getting a squad together for a few games ?? 

Just now, Bawsoot said:

Dinsey when will leafa be getting a squad together for a few games ?? 

Iv asked the committee to send out emails to all clubs this week to put player recommendations to me and to find out dates they can book for trials.

Last year we never got together until December but Iv asked it to be earlier so I can get as many players watched before hand and more time together when we get the squad. I’m back in club football with Lauriston so I have a couple people I trust that will watch players I may not know about for me ahead of the trials too. 

35 minutes ago, Pipeandslippers said:

Got a few older heads who know the league really well helping me take in games and keeping me in right direction and tbh they are brilliant as they take in loads of games every week without fail.

Good stuff mate. I'm sure the select job will go well. All the best.

11 hours ago, Pipeandslippers said:

Got a few older heads who know the league really well helping me take in games and keeping me in right direction and tbh they are brilliant as they take in loads of games every week without fail.

Older heads ? f**k me must some age ! Your no a spring chicken  yerself mate.  Rember the night that auld 50 year old gave you 5 yards at the Bens and still coasted by you. lol Hamstring still no right. lol.    All the best mate, know how professional you approach things. Well done on your appointment.  

Evenly contested game, thought Select created better of chances 1st half, big Finnigan caused Benburbs defence problems. 

Not much in 2nd half couple of half chances, neither team really getting to grips with game. 

Scott Maguire was excellent and controlled the game in midfield with the no8 think he may play with Oban also neat & tidy alongside him. Tam Murray at right back also had a good game, no sure what age Tam is now but still shows a great appetite for the game.

Good start for the new select Manager and his team.

Very good result for Select against a decent side.

Thought both centre halves for central absolutely strolled it! Ballerz the pair of them!

Boy from oban was very tidy n busy n The BIG Fin aka Arnie was giving them a torrid time.

Looking forward to top of table clash this wkend......Stpatz v The HaresPack!!!

Hopefully the powers that be don’t do the usual and play the competitive games on a Sunday after big Scottish cup games, seems they never learn their lesson. Central select should always have pick of quality players but in the past the select manager has tended to go into these games missing key players he’s worked with in the warm up games. Hopefully not this time though.

Hopefully the powers that be don’t do the usual and play the competitive games on a Sunday after big Scottish cup games, seems they never learn their lesson. Central select should always have pick of quality players but in the past the select manager has tended to go into these games missing key players he’s worked with in the warm up games. Hopefully not this time though.

Think most Selects are in the same boat tbh.