CSAFL

Hands_Free

5 hours ago, Ampie said:

Its not the CSAFL that are causing this. We lost 9 players who have moved on to Junior Clubs and very good amateur clubs. Thats just the joy of amateur football. The problem is theres not as much appetite for players to come into a team at this point. I’m certain that we’ll (Third Lanark) be fine. Its going to take me a couple of months but i’m confident we can get the team performing again.

We’re just needing to regroup next week at training and having had a decent number of players contact us, have a good look at them all.

The downside of playing in such a good league is that weaknesses are exposed and its so unforgiving.

We’ve been so lucky to have had a great group of players for so long but things change and we need to evolve

Good luck to you and your club mate  , not easy times for amateur football 

On 19/08/2019 at 14:33, Ampie said:

Its not the CSAFL that are causing this. We lost 9 players who have moved on to Junior Clubs and very good amateur clubs. Thats just the joy of amateur football. The problem is theres not as much appetite for players to come into a team at this point. I’m certain that we’ll (Third Lanark) be fine. Its going to take me a couple of months but i’m confident we can get the team performing again.

We’re just needing to regroup next week at training and having had a decent number of players contact us, have a good look at them all.

The downside of playing in such a good league is that weaknesses are exposed and its so unforgiving.

We’ve been so lucky to have had a great group of players for so long but things change and we need to evolve

At this stage of the season it's only a couple of weeks old surely if you were needing player's to us should have been looking before now !!  With all due respect yous are playing in the first division a league that really isn't that strong 

At this stage of the season it's only a couple of weeks old surely if you were needing player's to us should have been looking before now !!  With all due respect yous are playing in the first division a league that really isn't that strong 

You’re right, it is late. The lateness of the departures of our players have caused us to be looking around now. You mentioned Third Lanark were struggling earlier but if you had taken some time to read our posts you’d have seen why.

Theres some very good teams in our league.

Thanks for your input.

On 18/08/2019 at 19:32, Brad Bobley said:

All sorts of (malicious?) rumours floating about that Colville won’t see the end of next week after today’s result, which was a conclusion a lot of folk came to a few weeks back of course.

In other chat,
How are Dynamo and Lesmahagow finding playing both Saturday and Sunday? Is the Saturday performance affecting the Sunday performance?

A 6 hour round trip to Oban on a Saturday is bound to produce some casualties.

Early in the season but Lesmahagow don’t seem the be firing at the moment with their results, look like they’ve lost a few players or maybe just injuries/holidays this time of year, Watched them last season and caught a friendly at Glasgow green they looked very impressive. Boys filling in maybe not cutting it atm. For the sake of the league I hope they get back to being their best!

17 hours ago, Chappy said:

Early in the season but Lesmahagow don’t seem the be firing at the moment with their results, look like they’ve lost a few players or maybe just injuries/holidays this time of year, Watched them last season and caught a friendly at Glasgow green they looked very impressive. Boys filling in maybe not cutting it atm. For the sake of the league I hope they get back to being their best!

They've been beat off of two good sides by the odd goal.

2 hours ago, Dickson12 said:

They've been beat off of two good sides by the odd goal.

Seen that. I thought it would take them a little time to settle... RGM who beat them 1-0 are a very good outfit. I had them preseason and was impressed. Then Lesmahagow getting beat by Oban, in oban only 2-1 isn't to bad either. 

17 hours ago, Gunner said:

Seen that. I thought it would take them a little time to settle... RGM who beat them 1-0 are a very good outfit. I had them preseason and was impressed. Then Lesmahagow getting beat by Oban, in oban only 2-1 isn't to bad either. 

Our pre season has been shocking due to half the team on holiday together and a few injuries at this early stage of the season, the last couple weeks our numbers having been returning to normal. We started the season away to Blantyre and lost 1-0 in a game that could have went either way, then travelled up to Oban to play a really good fit young side. We were very unfortunate not to take anything from the Oban game with two woodworks in the first half.  We were under no illusions when we made the jump from sunday to saturday football, we were well aware of the jump we were making. However Its all about improving as a team thats the reason we joined the central scottish, to consistently have  tough games every week. It will take time but we are confident results will start to turn. 

As for players we lost two players over the summer, One to Cumbernauld and one to the forth, with Robbie returning from Cumbernauld last week. 

18 hours ago, Area 51 said:

They sure will cause a few upsets, nothing to do with football mind you , lol

Haha a thing that annoys me is teams don’t want to play us cause they see our name and think f**k that Drumchapel possil 😂 but we are not like that at all we have a great bunch of boys there and we are always drilling it into them bad discipline won’t be tolerated. We are capable of beating anyone when we are at it and yesterday was massive for us psychology and we now no we are capable of beating the best having beat eastfield the week before ,we also put st pats and bannockburn out cups last season so it’s down to the boys to go prove they have it in them come the end of the season when trophies are getting dished out. From my own point of view 3 points dropped against wishaw FP we where under strength and low on numbers but still had enough to get the job done but ended up a frustrating afternoon also took them to a shit hole Astro just to get game on 🤦‍♂️

Mick Oliver has a very good hares side there Craig young the main man for them imo having already shared a dressing room with them am sure they will bounce back and get back to winning ways from Wednesday onwards all the best hares for rest of season. 

PS am new to this so go easy gentlemen 😂😂

Edited by Hopey

21 minutes ago, Hopey said:

Haha a thing that annoys me is teams don’t want to play us cause they see our name and think f**k that Drumchapel possil 😂 but we are not like that at all we have a great bunch of boys there and we are always drilling it into them bad discipline won’t be tolerated. We are capable of beating anyone when we are at it and yesterday was massive for us psychology and we now no we are capable of beating the best having beat eastfield the week before ,we also put st pats and bannockburn out cups last season so it’s down to the boys to go prove they have it in them come the end of the season when trophies are getting dished out. From my own point of view 3 points dropped against wishaw FP we where under strength and low on numbers but still had enough to get the job done but ended up a frustrating afternoon also took them to a shit hole Astro just to get game on 🤦‍♂️

Mick Oliver has a very good hares side there Craig young the main man for them imo having already shared a dressing room with them am sure they will bounce back and get back to winning ways from Wednesday onwards all the best hares for rest of season. 

PS am new to this so go easy gentlemen 😂😂

Excellent result yesterday for the Drum, will defo raise a few eyebrows!!

Think it shows how wide open the Premier League is this season, any team on there day are capable of beating even the best in the league. Harestanes were looking formidable and not many would have tipped that result yesterday.

Think it shows how wide open the Premier League is this season, any team on there day are capable of beating even the best in the league. Harestanes were looking formidable and not many would have tipped that result yesterday.

Yes I think so also, there will be shocks most weeks however you ask anyone of our committee I called it yesterday I knew we would win because our boys are desperate to put a marker down and get involved and from a possil perspective hares have never won against us in a competitive game... I was actually on the receiving end when I played with hares we played the ym in the semi of M&M and they beat us 3-2 or 2-1 up at Kilsyth 5 year ago roughly.

Couple of shocks already and just goes to show that the league is very open this year. I think all the teams will have good spells as well as the odd defeat and I think there will be an exciting to end of the season. Interesting year ahead.

On 25/08/2019 at 16:05, Redondo said:

Good result for yourselves Also fella 

Leagues looking very competitive early on, great result for Fallin, beating bannockburn! Also a good result for uddingston taking points off harestanes, although be disappointed not to get all 3 being two goals up! Drumchapel Possil looking like real competitors too! Should be very exciting league campaign this year!!