CSAFL

Hands_Free

Like I said mate. Wasnt our choice. We were looking forward to the league we were in originally. That's why we went Saturday. If people arent happy with us being the club that moved then the only alternative would be a full redraw. We would have no issues regarding that. I understand the idea behind balancing the leagues up. We all pay the same league fees so realistically we should all be playing the same number of games.

The idea of restructuring to just 2 divisions in my opinion wouldnt work. Putting an extra 2 teams in the Prem, 1st issue is who goes up? And Premier teams are looking at being in the latter stages of most competitions, so how does adding another 4 games impact their chances of progression in national/district tournaments. Seems like a no-go to me

The original draw was done as it was for division 1b. Surely if anything changed which it did then everybody would had the same playing field in regards to going over to 1a? Some might have not wanted it but I would have said the majority would have wanted a say in it at least

18 hours ago, GAVT67 said:

Spoke to many referees who have dealt with some of the central teams so far this pre season and they say they are by far the worst teams to ref.  Obviously not all of them but a fair few. 

Is this what you're saying you've explained. With all due respect that doesn't explain anything. Just say's CSAFL teams are the worst teams to ref. I watched a junior game on Saturday, Lesmahagow Juniors v Royal Albert due to my mates son playing for Royal Albert. There must have been 7 or 8 bookings but I wouldn't say The Gow or Royal Albert would be worse teams to referee than any others, just a card happy referee. Typical Junior local derby, some tasty tackles but nothing malicious. So if there's nothing specific I really don't imagine CSAFL teams are any different to any other associations out there.

Two Central teams have had friendlies abandoned this summer due to abusing referees and also violent mass brawls. For that to happen in friendlies is very worrying.

22 hours ago, ekfootball said:

Two Central teams have had friendlies abandoned this summer due to abusing referees and also violent mass brawls. For that to happen in friendlies is very worrying.

wasn't a game involving a caledonian team abandoned due to a 22 man brawl only this week? In a friendly. I agree, that type of incident is worrying. 

Every league has teams that sail closer to the wind than others. 

What game was this ? Haven't heard much on it.

wasn't a game involving a caledonian team abandoned due to a 22 man brawl only this week? In a friendly. I agree, that type of incident is worrying. 
Every league has teams that sail closer to the wind than others. 

1 hour ago, Disco30 said:

What game was this ? Haven't heard much on it.

not my place to say... im not interested in casting a bad light on teams or other leagues. It did happen, and I only used it to make a point to EKFootball who seems to be taking his opportunity to put the boot into the central cause they've lost a couple of teams. it shoudln't be this league v that league ffs. Amateur fitba is on the way down across the board and theres folk throwing stones in glass houses. 

Edited by Gunner

So the season is up and running!

The Big Guns have laid doon a marker or 2!

Fantastic 3pts for Stpatz at broadwood..managed to catch some it on way to fringe!

Eastfield average on the day but the big no.4 for saints is Rolls Royce material....Does he git paid?? Must do!

Think a few big games coming up in the next few weeks ?

Eastfield and Harestaines look strong and have recruited well but both Bannockburn and St Pats have strong squads and will be in the mix come the end of the season.

I am looking forward to a cracking season!

13 hours ago, RogerDodger said:

So the season is up and running!

The Big Guns have laid doon a marker or 2!

Fantastic 3pts for Stpatz at broadwood..managed to catch some it on way to fringe!

Eastfield average on the day but the big no.4 for saints is Rolls Royce material....Does he git paid?? Must do!

Why does a good player have to get paid 

Nice wee local derby for Wishaw High School FPs and Craigneuk to get their teeth into in the 1st round of the West. Play each other next Tuesday or Wednesday as well in the League Cup. Be fed up of the sight of each other like 2 seasons ago. Sure we played each other 4 or 5 times that season. Ah well we'll no ned to hire a bus.

1 hour ago, MattEmulsion said:

Anybody know the postcode for where the Harestanes vs Eastfield game is tonight? One twitter page says G66 3LL, the other says G66 3SN. Not too familiar of the area.

See screenshot from Council page. It’s on the main Waterside Road just as you come into Kirkintilloch from Cumbernauld. If coming from Glasgow head towards Kirkintilloch High School. Then your two mins from the pitch. Enjoy the game. 

97EE1961-928F-42F7-ACD4-9DF330265832.png