CSAFL

Hands_Free

1 hour ago, ekfootball said:

Central league rapidly declining. Few more clubs likely to go in the next few weeks I hear as well. The standard of the lower divisions are only helped by a couple of new clubs with decent pedigree. The top league is littered with disciplinary issues. 

You've made a comment there but left everybody scratching their heads as to what you're actually talking about re Central teams. Care to enlighten us ???

Imo the league r trying there best to assist and help Clubs. 

There not to blame for teams folding.

Theres a massive problem under lying here and its at all grass roots levels. Grass pitches seem to be a thing of the past nowadays due to lack of them and councils not bothering to maintain them properly. Que the council's opportunity to charge over £100 for a 2 hour slot for a game and most sports complexes around £120 also for 2 hours.  Add a ref £40 and ur sundries for a game and u can be between £150-£200 for a home game in the Central if u choose or have to play on astro. 

The leagues need to get together with the powers that be at the highest level to put pressure on the councils and sports complexes to find away to decrease prices or we r going to continue with this trend of teams at all levels i'll add folding. 

I agree with you re the horrendous prices for booking pitches etc and this is definetely got an impact on teams folding which is hard to swallow as all all of us want to do is get an amateur game of football on on whatever day of the week we play. This is no different whether you play in the CSAFL, Caledonian or wherever. I don't know why the 2 teams in the CSAFL have folded but the prices for pitches etc would be no shock to anybody trying to book pitches this season. Let's be honest the price of anything is not going to go down anytime soon so more and more teams will go to the wall. You only have to look at the matches that got called off pre season with teams looking on fb and twitter at the last minute for replacement teams for friendlies to see that boys have other things they would rather do than play football. Happened to us twice pre season. Don't know the answer to it but can't see the Local Councils dropping their prices just yet.

2 hours ago, ekfootball said:

Central league rapidly declining. Few more clubs likely to go in the next few weeks I hear as well. The standard of the lower divisions are only helped by a couple of new clubs with decent pedigree. The top league is littered with disciplinary issues. 

Think I said this last season but got shot down in flames for it premier is quality 1a 1b both average with a few decent sides in it that will move the premier and the average teams in bottom of premier will struggle to survive then they will fold following season !

2 minutes ago, Bawsoot said:

Think I said this last season but got shot down in flames for it premier is quality 1a 1b both average with a few decent sides in it that will move the premier and the average teams in bottom of premier will struggle to survive then they will fold following season !

A see uv got ur crystal bawsoot again this season m8!!

6 minutes ago, Stucafu said:

Id still be confident of the league association sitting with all three majors come what May.

That may be true but still wouldn't reflect the overall standard of the league. Hopefully will be more competitive now anyway. 

15 minutes ago, Bawsoot said:

Bawsoot the CSAFL is not about taking all the best teams in. They also take in teams who have been playing at differing levels of the amateur game and also from Sunday football and encouraging them to progress and find their feet. That level may well be in our 1st division and if so then so be it. We,ve been in the CSAFL probably 12 years or so now and have been promoted twice into the Premier but for the most part have spent our time in Division 1A and 1B. This allows you to find your feet originally then if you're relegated to regroup and go again. You'll always get teams who progress faster than others or stay the course of time longer. As Chris says a lot of this can be put down to a strong committee which unfortunately a lot of teams don't have.

I think the central itself has got stronger especially with Colville losing their team and the new teams into the association. However what I do feel is the men behind the central league are making a c***t of it. You had all that carry on last year with southside folding and just giving teams points that were crucial and then moving a new team over to the other division after the 31st.

Spoke to many referees who have dealt with some of the central teams so far this pre season and they say they are by far the worst teams to ref.  Obviously not all of them but a fair few. 

Is this what you're saying you've explained. With all due respect that doesn't explain anything. Just say's CSAFL teams are the worst teams to ref. I watched a junior game on Saturday, Lesmahagow Juniors v Royal Albert due to my mates son playing for Royal Albert. There must have been 7 or 8 bookings but I wouldn't say The Gow or Royal Albert would be worse teams to referee than any others, just a card happy referee. Typical Junior local derby, some tasty tackles but nothing malicious. So if there's nothing specific I really don't imagine CSAFL teams are any different to any other associations out there.

I ref in the Central, and never had an issue with discipline in any of the 3 divisions. I've covered some friendlies over the close season that have had central teams in them - and again, without any issue. That's only my personal, first hand experience though. 

The reason it was us (Dynamo) who moved is because we were the last team drawn into Division 1b. So technically it went by the original draw

Moving teams to balance the leagues up numerically is fair enough imo but who played god and decided who. Especially if it's a perceived easier league then hopefully this decision was done by the luck of the draw

23 minutes ago, Sempy13 said:

The reason it was us (Dynamo) who moved is because we were the last team drawn into Division 1b. So technically it went by the original draw

The original draw was done as it was for division 1b. Surely if anything changed which it did then everybody would had the same playing field in regards to going over to 1a? Some might have not wanted it but I would have said the majority would have wanted a say in it at least

1 hour ago, Snowman said:

The original draw was done as it was for division 1b. Surely if anything changed which it did then everybody would had the same playing field in regards to going over to 1a? Some might have not wanted it but I would have said the majority would have wanted a say in it at least

1a & 1b may well become 1 after thursday night so there will be no argument or discussion.