CSAFL

Hands_Free

Don’t no what that comment means 

There have been teams who 'allegedly' paid players and, when certain people leave with the cash, can no longer attract the same level of player. Hence they go from top dogs to folding. Im not saying it has happened on this occassion but its what is being talked about in amateur circles.

6 minutes ago, Amateur Footie Fan said:

There have been teams who 'allegedly' paid players and, when certain people leave with the cash, can no longer attract the same level of player. Hence they go from top dogs to folding. Im not saying it has happened on this occassion but its what is being talked about in amateur circles.

Ok thanks fir clarification 

29 minutes ago, tug said:

I know been covered but maybe wrong are you not part of committee at Colville during the golden years ? . Players come and go if you are who I think you are you never complained when Mick took players away leaving other clubs short of best players !!! . The fact is it’s a short career unless attached to amateur club from a young age to a club players go where they have a chance to win or play with friends . 

Feel for hard working guys at clubs who lose players but the fact is less successful clubs than Colville lose players and survive , if it’s all about winning club won’t survive end off .

Think u will find club will survive tug maybe not be as successful but will survive 

Guest Mick Kennedy
1 hour ago, Amateur Footie Fan said:

Aw here we go the club was accused of paying for the last 14 years, now your saying it was me who was paying the players lol so who was paying them before I arrived, and who paid them when I was a player. Utter nonsense a large part of the recent squad was there when I was a player so who was paying them then?

i always wondered what shit would be created wren Colville struggled now it’s time to create more lies.

The truth is the club has never paid anyone, not one person has ever said they were or said they have been offered money like other clubs that pay players. Just people can’t accept the success, it’s gets boring after a while 

8 hours ago, Amofan1 said:

Think u will find club will survive tug maybe not be as successful but will survive 

I really hope they do survive, I’m sure for Andy and Joe seeing this through will mean just as much as winning trophies, however hard it will be at time.

4 hours ago, tug said:

I really hope they do survive, I’m sure for Andy and Joe seeing this through will mean just as much as winning trophies, however hard it will be at time.

Your 100% correct on that tug if you cut joe his blood would be blue and white and Andy has been there 50 years hard to let hat go. I would still be there but health issues forced me to give it up I really hope it works for them

42 minutes ago, Amofan1 said:

Your 100% correct on that tug if you cut joe his blood would be blue and white and Andy has been there 50 years hard to let hat go. I would still be there but health issues forced me to give it up I really hope it works for them

A helleva lot of people ive spoken to are of the opinion that the committee are to.blame as well as they stood back and let mick install his win at all costs model...(can deny players were not paid till the cows come home but we all know the truth) they knew what was going on but allowed it to happen. Ive got to agree.

Now it may be the end of the club.

So when you are calling the players a disgrace remember and call you and your committee pals a disgrace as well.

Edited by BarmyAmmy

Guest Mick Kennedy
20 minutes ago, BarmyAmmy said:

A helleva lot of people ive spoken to are of the opinion that the committee are to.blame as well as they stood back and let mick install his win at all costs model...(can deny players were not paid till the cows come home but we all know the truth) they knew what was going on but allowed it to happen. Ive got to agree.

So when you are calling the players a disgrace remember and call you and your committee pals a disgrace as well.

Same shite aff the same Idiots not got a clue.

so 65% of the boys have signed way other amateur clubs some miles away from were they stay are they clubs paying those players aswell or will the only get accused of that when they won trophies 

Come on lads , lets not let this thread go the same way as some of the others on here.

I dont think anyone honestly wants Colville to fall away, the most successfull amateur in decades and no one can take that away from them regardless.

The season is almost upon us and we should be discussing who will take over at the top of the amateur game??

The rebuild at Colville should see a changing of the guard and there will be a few teams from the CSAFL who will be fancying there chances of glory this coming season.

Harestanes, Bannockburn, Eastfield & St Pats will all be looking to take over as top dogs im sure.

Out with the Central, the Scottish would seem wide open and again there will be quite a few teams with an eye on that if they get the luck of the draw in the early rounds.

Its shaping up to be an interesting season and one we should be looking forward to and I personally hope Colville park are fully involved in it.

Best of luck to all the CSAFL teams for the coming season.

I’m confused,

Was the committee paying the players or was it Mick? Genuinely intrigued as I’ve seen both allegations thrown about?

Who are the sponsors behind colville that would put up cash to pay players? And is Mick a high flyer in his professional career that he can afford to personally pay players?

Outside looking in it doesn’t make any sense

The same allegation about Colville paying players gets brought up every few weeks and if my memory is correct I don't think any evidence to back it up as ever been produced. Mick has always answered these and must be tired of repeating himself. He done something different to what most amateur clubs do by scouting and then approaching players across the west and central belt. I am not 100% sure what is sales pitch was but reckon it would be along the lines of come to Colville and win some majors. If players thought they had a better chance of winning the big cups then if it suited them then sure they wouldn't have minded the additional travel. When he left to go junior along with the core of his squad then easy to understand why the remaining players have jumped ship

4 hours ago, BarmyAmmy said:

What a load of shite u talk for the one guy

4 hours ago, Redondo said:

Come on lads , lets not let this thread go the same way as some of the others on here.

I dont think anyone honestly wants Colville to fall away, the most successfull amateur in decades and no one can take that away from them regardless.

The season is almost upon us and we should be discussing who will take over at the top of the amateur game??

The rebuild at Colville should see a changing of the guard and there will be a few teams from the CSAFL who will be fancying there chances of glory this coming season.

Harestanes, Bannockburn, Eastfield & St Pats will all be looking to take over as top dogs im sure.

Out with the Central, the Scottish would seem wide open and again there will be quite a few teams with an eye on that if they get the luck of the draw in the early rounds.

Its shaping up to be an interesting season and one we should be looking forward to and I personally hope Colville park are fully involved in it.

Best of luck to all the CSAFL teams for the coming season.

Redondo a lot of good points be interesting this year think league will be close again not sure quality be as high but might surprise me. 

Scottish again be down to luck of draw if top reams avoid each other they will be there as not enough depth of quality in teams , also to many teams want to play on Astro which favours top teams who have  better players , the days of park being a leveller are sadly gone due to councils with grass parks not being maintained and out of use most of year.

Your own team will be very hard to beat and I’m sure you will cause a few upsets on your journey this year.

Good luck to all clubs.

1 hour ago, JBAFC said:

Well he’s done and they’re shite.

Bit of a disparaging comment there mate. I understand it maybe just your opinion, and you are entitled to one, but when , if ever, did you last watch Stedfast ? or last seen Craig play ?

29 minutes ago, Area 51 said:

Bit of a disparaging comment there mate. I understand it maybe just your opinion, and you are entitled to one, but when , if ever, did you last watch Stedfast ? or last seen Craig play ?

Well from what I’ve seen on here and on Twitter Beattie ended up playing centre back for Elgin which isn’t a good sign

He may well have left the senior game, but he is 35 and reasonably fit , not carrying any excess weight, and I can confirm that in the 4 pre season games he has played , he has been superb in all of them, as you would expect a player of his calibre to be when he steps down into the amateur ranks. Also, I have been impressed with his attitude towards the amateur game , whereby he is very patient and encouraging to the players roundabout him, including opponents, and he pays his tenner like the rest of the squad !! 

It may not last, but while he is with our Club, we will embrace it and hopefully learn from him and vice versa.

On that point, we may well not be Bannockburn or Harestanes or any other of the top clubs, but we are striving to be better,and yes we have had some bad seasons, the same as even the top clubs, but we are a proper amateur club in the truest sense and as we move into our 60th year of existence, we will try and remove the perception that we are "shite"