CSAFL

Hands_Free

1 hour ago, Kaiser88 said:

So much for the colville family brigade! Surely a manager leaving doesn't mean all players leaving to go to other amateur teams? Hung the new gaffer out to dry!!!! 

Is it true they only had 9 players on sat?

The majority of the Central teams seem to be going well in pre season going with results.

1 minute ago, Redondo said:

Is it true they only had 9 players on sat?

The majority of the Central teams seem to be going well in pre season going with results.

100% mate we had to give them 2 to get the game on still have 4/5 decent players  they have a meeting on Monday night to see if they are going to go if they do go i can’t see them lasting the season which is a real shame 

2 minutes ago, Fraz_1311 said:

100% mate we had to give them 2 to get the game on still have 4/5 decent players  they have a meeting on Monday night to see if they are going to go if they do go i can’t see them lasting the season which is a real shame 

Not so good.

Wont be easy getting players in now, season not far away from kicking off. 

It doesn't sound good for Colville. Be a bit embarrassing for the amateur game if they do call it a day and don't take there place in the big Scottish. Fingers crossed they pull something out the bag and can continue. It just shows the challenges amateur teams face now if a team with there recent success are struggling to attract players...good luck to all involved with Colville now and hope you's find a way to keep going

Would eastfield be offered their spot in the big Scottish

It doesn't sound good for Colville. Be a bit embarrassing for the amateur game if they do call it a day and don't take there place in the big Scottish. Fingers crossed they pull something out the bag and can continue. It just shows the challenges amateur teams face now if a team with there recent success are struggling to attract players...good luck to all involved with Colville now and hope you's find a way to keep going

After all that was done for the boys over the years it’s a disgrace the way some of the former players have treated the committee who bent over backwards and more for them only ones who went to Darvel and Chrissy Craig showed any respect towards them 

I would imagine the team they were drawn to play against will be awarded the tie. It's hard to blame the players for moving in my opinion. Said it before but they would have had no affiliation to Colville and were there as Mick was able to persuade them to go there and become the best amateur team in the country. When he left then it was inevitable a whole re-build was required. What I find surprising is they seem to be struggling to do that

Guest Mick Kennedy
21 minutes ago, Amofan1 said:

After all that was done for the boys over the years it’s a disgrace the way some of the former players have treated the committee who bent over backwards and more for them only ones who went to Darvel and Chrissy Craig showed any respect towards them 

And they boys repaid the club for that by bringing the club success that was one of the best periods of success in amateur history. You couldn’t ask fir a more committed, professional group of players the clubs they have went to will testify that. They have the right to play fir any club they wish, I hoped they would have stayed but they have decided not to and I wish them all the best.   

I informed the committee that none of them would be staying when I announced I was leaving, i told yous work from the point that no one would be staying. Some said they would take their time to think about what their future holds but then decided to leave. It’s football, it’s easy to forget that every player I brought to the club I took from another club that the way football works. If the clubs struggling I hope it turns around but I can assure you it’s not their fault 

Edited by Mick Kennedy

I would imagine the team they were drawn to play against will be awarded the tie. It's hard to blame the players for moving in my opinion. Said it before but they would have had no affiliation to Colville and were there as Mick was able to persuade them to go there and become the best amateur team in the country. When he left then it was inevitable a whole re-build was required. What I find surprising is they seem to be struggling to do that

There's a big elephant in the room

3 hours ago, dumbarton82 said:

I’m sure the boys will turn it round joe and Andy have done it before they were in a worse position before then they brought in big Gerry they won’t give up that’s for sure 

Guys would like to clarify some things as I am reading loads of rumours etc on here, I have decided to leave Colville Park it’s not working out the way I thought it would I wish joe and Andy all the best and John Heeps the manager, I stepped into a coaching role couple of weeks ago and that’s not going to work either. There are no hard feelings and I don’t have anything else to say on the matter, it was a great opportunity that didn’t work out.

On 28/07/2019 at 21:53, Amofan1 said:

I know been covered but maybe wrong are you not part of committee at Colville during the golden years ? . Players come and go if you are who I think you are you never complained when Mick took players away leaving other clubs short of best players !!! . The fact is it’s a short career unless attached to amateur club from a young age to a club players go where they have a chance to win or play with friends . 

Feel for hard working guys at clubs who lose players but the fact is less successful clubs than Colville lose players and survive , if it’s all about winning club won’t survive end off .