CSAFL

Hands_Free

Time will tell with Colville Park, who they can steady the ship and rebuild. 

Eastfield & Harestanes seem to be going along nicely and St Pats look like they still have there big hitters.

Most of the teams seem to have added to squads, Bannockburn & Drum Utd have added good quality. 

When someone of Mick Kennedys stature leaves an amateur club the replacement was always going to struggle. That said, I still believe they will come good although im 50/50 on how well they will do this season. A lot of the other teams seem to be highly active on the signing front and will fancy their chances.

Thanks to Steins for the friendly tonight. Good excercise for both sides with plenty changes made at h-t and in the early stages of the 2nd half to get game time into the lads that have been on holiday etc. Good luck to all at Steins for the upcoming season.

Hearing colvilles aim is to get the big Scottish cup game on with and take it from there . Hearing  new management team not cutting the mustard and  can’t attract players . From we joes mouth  we are just trying to get the big Scottish cup game On for the sponsorship money . 

Guest Mick Kennedy

It was always going to be hard to rebuild the squad after losing the whole squad and especially players of that quality. Hopefully they pull through the early difficulties and begin to move forward 

Hearing colvilles aim is to get the big Scottish cup game on with and take it from there . Hearing  new management team not cutting the mustard and  can’t attract players . From we joes mouth  we are just trying to get the big Scottish cup game On for the sponsorship money . 

Heard they've been phoning round trying to get a new manager, only last week, without any joy. Similarly trying for players but guys not persuaded. Looking ominous.

I am hearing Rob Paterson has stepped down.

When you pay players for such a long time them.its going to be hard to keep those players with no pay. Current and ex Committee members got to look at themselves as well..they allowed this to happen for years and years and it will almost certainly be the end of the club.

Was always an impossible position for whoever took over. 

Win at all costs.........

50 minutes ago, BarmyAmmy said:

When you pay players for such a long time them.its going to be hard to keep those players with no pay. Current and ex Committee members got to look at themselves as well..they allowed this to happen for years and years and it will almost certainly be the end of the club.

I know Heepsy who is in at CP with Rab. I asked him yesterday if Rab had stepped away and he said no. 

Surely it would have made more sense for Colville to go for a local manager? Boaby and Heepsy are Glasgow based so the players they know and have worked with previously, it would be a hard sell to get them over to Motherwell every week.

Its typical short term thinking from the Colville hierarchy, wanting Boaby in as he was the select team manager etc thinking he would attract top players in, rather than looking more locally for someone maybe a bit less unproven but would certainly have put a squad together.

It's hard to feel any sympathy for them in all honesty.

It was always going to be difficult for anyone taking on the Colville job this year due to the success Mick had but didn't think they would have any problems attracting players, especially with the inventive of playing in the big Scottish. From what I can see the big problem they have is none of the players, that didn't go junior but have instead went elsewhere in the amateur ranks, had no real affiliation to them. Mick cast his net far and wide to bring in some of the best players in the amateur game to the club and as soon as he left they were off as well. The 2 main amateur teams from down here tend to have mainly local players that have attended the secondary schools there names come from and are playing for the club's there brother, dad, uncle, grandad etc played for. They don't seem to bring in players from out with the area and that is maybe one of many reasons none of the majors have been in Dumbarton for a good few years. However they will always have a decent team and not struggle for players due to this.

Guest Mick Kennedy
3 hours ago, BarmyAmmy said:

Haha what a lot of shite so the club has been accused of paying players for years so why aren’t they paying now then. If they paid players then they would still be doing the truth is the club had a very tight group of players who decided to move on now I have left. 

They have never paid any player a penny been accused of it for 14 years since Gerry took over, I have told you many time the committee are honest hard working guys not wealthy at all. It’s never had the money to pay people and never will so don’t talk shite

1 hour ago, Mick Kennedy said:

Haha what a lot of shite so the club has been accused of paying players for years so why aren’t they paying now then. If they paid players then they would still be doing the truth is the club had a very tight group of players who decided to move on now I have left. 

They have never paid any player a penny been accused of it for 14 years since Gerry took over, I have told you many time the committee are honest hard working guys not wealthy at all. It’s never had the money to pay people and never will so don’t talk shite

lol its never ending Mick. Obviously it was YOU that was paying the players lol