CSAFL

Hands_Free

22 hours ago, JBAFC said:

Think the leagues were drawn at random? Fairest way to do it IMO, just unlucky for the teams involved the way it’s worked out.

Oir 1st year in we got drawn in 1b with Bannockburn, Wellhouse, Drum Ams, Eastfeild, Camby Talbot plus a more than decent Stirling City... Bannockburn won the premier shortly after. Wellhouse won the Scottish the next year. Luck of the league draw is massive

• 2 weeks later...

Good to see majority of teams started back or starting this week. Looking forward to this season think gonna be very competitive, Premier League looking good and both 1st divisions also. 

Few teams made signings allready and sure more to follow, makes for an exciting 4/5 wks before it all starts for real.

Noticed bannockburn announced 4 signings on Twitter yesterday. Gary Currie signing from Colville one of them. Think Kenny Feaks has been in Scotland squads before but can’t remember who he played for. Not sure who the other 2 are. 

Harestanes are snapping up most of the Colville team who didn't go to Darvel. Would expect them to be right up there this season alongside Bannockburn, St Pats and Eastfield. Should be competitive league but expect those 4 to be miles ahead of the rest in the division.

Noticed bannockburn announced 4 signings on Twitter yesterday. Gary Currie signing from Colville one of them. Think Kenny Feaks has been in Scotland squads before but can’t remember who he played for. Not sure who the other 2 are. 

Feaks played with Doune, he’s a good player.

Looks like Harestanes, Eastfield and Bannockburn have all strengthened from last year - I also think both Fallin and Drum PYM have really strong young teams that cant be under estimated. I think it could be a very open league the season given the demise of Colville and the others picking up good players to strengthen their squads. Looking forward to see how the season pans out. Will be interesting for sure.

Harestanes are snapping up most of the Colville team who didn't go to Darvel. Would expect them to be right up there this season alongside Bannockburn, St Pats and Eastfield. Should be competitive league but expect those 4 to be miles ahead of the rest in the division.

Who have Harestanes signed? I think I seen they’d signed Mulvey and Scott McGuire, are there others?

1 hour ago, NewBallsPlease said:

Who have Harestanes signed? I think I seen they’d signed Mulvey and Scott McGuire, are there others?

Don't know further names only seen who they have announced also but heard through the grapevine quite a few ex Colville are going there.

Guest Mick Kennedy

A couple have gone to harestanes maybe a couple more might end up there, one away to bannockburn, one away Petershill. 

• 2 weeks later...

A see on twitter Rossvale JFC were meant to be playing Colville 2moro night but not happening now?

Bannockburn play Dunblane SC 2moro night I believe and steins are away to wishaw. 

Most teams are atleast a couple of weeks in now so games will be coming thick and fast as they try to settle squads.

Must say, its alarming how many teams are pulling out of friendlies!! I remember it being bad last summer but definetely an increase this year and unfortunately a few teams calling it a day aswell. 

Wee correction with the above post Redondo. Steins are at home to Wishaw High School FPs. It's not at Steins normal pitch however. A couple of minutes drive away from Allandale by all accounts. It's a 7pm ko or as near it as possible.

43 minutes ago, GAVT67 said:

Wee correction with the above post Redondo. Steins are at home to Wishaw High School FPs. It's not at Steins normal pitch however. A couple of minutes drive away from Allandale by all accounts. It's a 7pm ko or as near it as possible.

Apologies m8.