CSAFL

Hands_Free

Well done to mick and colville today..comfortable victory
Took ma wee boy along 2 this today for hus 1st trip 2 hampden. It wasnt a great match but coville did enough 2 win the game paul mclaughlin scoring both goals. Eastfield missed a pen with 20 mins 2 go.coville a solid team hard workers off the ball as on it. Impressed with coville mcd mccrum and mclaughlin. Was that stevie (baggio) fulton in the eastfield dugout?

Mon the papers

12 minutes ago, passbackdave said:

Took ma wee boy along 2 this today for hus 1st trip 2 hampden. It wasnt a great match but coville did enough 2 win the game paul mclaughlin scoring both goals. Eastfield missed a pen with 20 mins 2 go.coville a solid team hard workers off the ball as on it. Impressed with coville mcd mccrum and mclaughlin. Was that stevie (baggio) fulton in the eastfield dugout?

Mon the papers

Yes Stevie two boys play with Eastfield

Yes Colville just too strong for Eastfield, not a great game but Colville controlled most of the game. Eastfield battled right to the end although they were unlucky with the penalty . Congratulations to Colville and commiserations to Eastfiled both have had a good season.

Yes Stevie two boys play with Eastfield
I worked with stevies dad norrie years ago. He was a cracking guy (pollok legend am told) he used 2 talk about his 3 grandsons who all played for falkirk at the time. A knew 1 went 2 swansea but didnt know what others did after that. I did wonder at the game if that was stevie fulton and was that his boy playing.

13 minutes ago, passbackdave said:

I worked with stevies dad norrie years ago. He was a cracking guy (pollok legend am told) he used 2 talk about his 3 grandsons who all played for falkirk at the time. A knew 1 went 2 swansea but didnt know what others did after that. I did wonder at the game if that was stevie fulton and was that his boy playing.

1 was right back and other no 10 , both very good players. 

Credit where its due to Colville. Got tactics spot on and were clinical when chances came.

Thought big striker was excellent and more than deserved mom award. No 6 & 8 were also superb aswell.  What impresses me about them is how hard they work for each other,  think Mick will agree they were not at there fluent best today but today was all about the result and they got that with relevant ease.

Congratulations to everyone at CP , enjoy ur night.

1 hour ago, Redondo said:

1 was right back and other no 10 , both very good players. 

Credit where its due to Colville. Got tactics spot on and were clinical when chances came.

Thought big striker was excellent and more than deserved mom award. No 6 & 8 were also superb aswell.  What impresses me about them is how hard they work for each other,  think Mick will agree they were not at there fluent best today but today was all about the result and they got that with relevant ease.

Congratulations to everyone at CP , enjoy ur night.

Big striker is Skelf. Very good player and works so hard for his side.  I was surprised Chrissy Craig on the bench today.   On his day Chrissy unplayable and good for a bit of banter. But Mick got the result and Colville under Michael finish with the big prize. New chapter for Colville under new Manager and Joe John and Andy. Michael off to Junior and I’m sure he’ll take a few of the Colville boys with him. I’ll miss big McD’s grunts when he’s attacking a high ball. Wish Michael Gerry all the best in the Juniors.  

Dale - 10 - missed the penalty. Usually cool calm and lethal from the spot. Tyler plays in defence and goes up front if chasing the game like today. Would have made game a bit more edgy if penalty had went in. Chris has a very good young side bar a few older heads Rennie Craig Logan my best moaning pal Bj Johnston- plays with his heart on his sleeve and the guy who should have started today big Chris Dunnett.  So the future under Honeymonster Stevie and Brogan for the next few years looks bright. First team from Cumbernauld to get to the big Final.  Lots of positives to take from this season for Eastfield and two games then campaign finished. Will they beat Bannockburn and then the Cinema Cup v John Black and DrumPossil.  Best of luck to both teams in the Final. Hope Ryan makes a quick recovery from his broken jaw sustained in the Final today  

2 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

Winning 4 leagues in a row and 3 Scottish cups out of 4 

are they best amateur team ever ? 

On current form most folk would say Yes - 

The next in line would be John Black’s Drum United team - Premier winners 2007-11 West - 2004-2006 - 2007-08. Scottish 2006-07 and  a few names of note in that team. 

Then Harestanes double Scottish winners 2001-2003 then 2014-15

Yes Colville are without doubt the best amateur team we have seen.

Got to say though disappointed with the behaviour last night of the players on social media and in particular a song directed at one of the games good auld guys. Very poor. 

I think the timing for mick and the guys to go is about right, past excellent standards are being really lowered now.

Wishing you well at Darvel mick. Enjoy this weeks celebrations.

Guest Mick Kennedy

Well yesterday was the day of my amateur career, I just want to say thank you to everyone for the memories.

I will miss it more than I imagined, it’s been a pleasure met so many great players, managers and committee men over the years, some are now friends for life. I’ve been very fortunate to have had success but my admiration for all people connected with amateur football is impossible to quantify, the amount of hard work dedication that goes into running clubs is at times forgotten.

I've been fortunate to have played for to great Clubs Drum Utd and Colville, lead by 2 great managers John Black and Gerry Hamilton, I still call them gaffer to this day. Men that have helped shape me as the manager Iam today, I’m proud to say I played for both of them. 

I wish everyone all the best going forward, even the ones that gave me a bit of stick. Amateur football stronger when it’s united, we will need that togetherness in the future years as amateur football moves forward

If I have ever upset anyone I apologise, I only ever wanted to win. Take care and thank you for everything,

12 minutes ago, Mick Kennedy said:

Well yesterday was the day of my amateur career, I just want to say thank you to everyone for the memories.

I will miss it more than I imagined, it’s been a pleasure met so many great players, managers and committee men over the years, some are now friends for life. I’ve been very fortunate to have had success but my admiration for all people connected with amateur football is impossible to quantify, the amount of hard work dedication that goes into running clubs is at times forgotten.

I've been fortunate to have played for to great Clubs Drum Utd and Colville, lead by 2 great managers John Black and Gerry Hamilton, I still call them gaffer to this day. Men that have helped shape me as the manager Iam today, I’m proud to say I played for both of them. 

I wish everyone all the best going forward, even the ones that gave me a bit of stick. Amateur football stronger when it’s united, we will need that togetherness in the future years as amateur football moves forward

If I have ever upset anyone I apologise, I only ever wanted to win. Take care and thank you for everything.

I think one last thing would be a decent thing to do was for some of your lads to give auld john down at dumbarton a call. If they are not man enough im sure you will be.

But i will finish on a positive note.

Well said and all the best. Cant be easy moving on and leaving a big club.

I seen the video mentioned above and doesn't do Colville any favours. Can probably be put down to a few to many shandy's but you would think the lad that posted it would remove it when he sobers up before to many other people see it. I am sure it will be water off a ducks back to john

13 hours ago, dumbarton82 said:

I seen the video mentioned above and doesn't do Colville any favours. Can probably be put down to a few to many shandy's but you would think the lad that posted it would remove it when he sobers up before to many other people see it. I am sure it will be water off a ducks back to john

Don’t think there was any malicious intent just boys pished and havin a wee dig after a great league battle wee John is known to have the odd wee dig on twitter as well