CSAFL

Hands_Free

Think your man means Mill United from Hamilton mate.

I knew they had gone, didn’t they actually have 2 teams? I assume they still have a relatively successful youth set up as well but that’s off topic.

The Mill I meant are definitely from the Falkirk/Stirling area, I watched them play Shortlees in the Scottish last season. They may now be in LEAFA as posted above.

Thanks for the reply.

I knew they had gone, didn’t they actually have 2 teams? I assume they still have a relatively successful youth set up as well but that’s off topic.

The Mill I meant are definitely from the Falkirk/Stirling area, I watched them play Shortlees in the Scottish last season. They may now be in LEAFA as posted above.

Thanks for the reply.

Aye mate, only named them because they were mentioned as to one of the teams who folded from CSAFL this year. They used to have a team in the CSAFL and also the Lanarkshire league when it was running. A shame to see both teams down the drain.

The Mill AFC you speak of I think used to play in the Stirling & District and now play in the Lothian West league.

Castlemilk Dynamo v Lesmahagow for the Sunday Amateur Scottish Cup. 

Both teams should be good additions to the league next season. Will be a step up from Sunday but good on them for showing ambition and opting to go Saturday.

Best of luck to both in the Final.

Guest Mick Kennedy

A big step up for both clubs, I was surprised when I heard the news. Good luck to both sides tho hopefully it works out well 

28 minutes ago, Mick Kennedy said:

A big step up for both clubs, I was surprised when I heard the news. Good luck to both sides tho hopefully it works out well 

It is Mick but as u know some good players can be found playing on a sunday. Some of ur lads have enjoyed playing both sat and sun so they must be 2 decent teams?

On another note, whats this im hearing u had the bits on again yest??

Lol.

Guest Mick Kennedy
24 minutes ago, Redondo said:

It is Mick but as u know some good players can be found playing on a sunday. Some of ur lads have enjoyed playing both sat and sun so they must be 2 decent teams?

On another note, whats this im hearing u had the bits on again yest??

Lol.

Yeh mate I’m not saying there isn’t half decent Sunday teams and players plying Sunday football because there are. The issue is they play Saturday aswell as playing for there Sunday team so what you see on a Sunday isn’t a true reflection of their team that how I find it strange that they have been accepted.

Yeh mate we have 9 out injured the now so needs must just a 15min spell tho mate 

Edited by Mick Kennedy

20 minutes ago, Mick Kennedy said:

Yeh mate I’m not saying there isn’t half decent Sunday teams and players plying Sunday football because there are. The issue is they play Saturday aswell as playing for there Sunday team so what you see on a Sunday isn’t a true reflection of their team that how I find it strange that they have been accepted.

Yeh mate we have 9 out injured the now so needs must just a 15min spell tho mate 

Sure u can still turn ur hand m8.

Thats true but its the story of the ammie game the now even ur most established clubs r finding it tough at times. 

The 2 teams must have spoke to players before committing to the change to make sure they would be prepared for jump.

Guest Mick Kennedy

I fully understand the teams wanting to come into the league mate, and I’m sure they are confident they will have a team. Still think it’s a risk but just my opinion 

15 hours ago, Mick Kennedy said:

enough time for a booking or at least an argument with the ref Mick?? :) 

On 20/03/2019 at 20:13, auld yin wae knowledge said:

Cbrown 4 you are partial right but as if you look at The SAFL   have 3  Divisions  and no teams fold this season.

So I think that's  PART of the reason your League has a BIG problem with clubs going under is the set up...…….The cally League copied your Leagues set up for the last 2/ 3  seasons and lost about 3 or  4 clubs this season alone so not a coincidence and are changing back to 2 Divisions next season.

When I was in your League I argued for change back in 1995 !!! and was told its to make it easier to attract teams as its only  season to reach the top...….

Your point about the Sunday teams is right no harm, in fact its a plus though I will bet  that Oban and Lesmahagow are not in the same Division  next year lol

What sort of set up do you think then would work because the SAFL set up that you're involved in certainly isn't any better at keeping teams. SAFL have lost EKRR, EKYM, EKFC,  Drumchapel Colts, Rosehill Star, Millbeg, Duntocher, East End Utd and Stanley Athletic all in the last year. I'd say its possibly been the worst league for teams folding in recent seasons. 

Guest Mick Kennedy
1 hour ago, Stucafu said:

enough time for a booking or at least an argument with the ref Mick?? :) 

Of course an argument mate. To be fair I wasn’t that bad with refs as a player, just turned into a dick when I’m a manager. 

18 hours ago, Mick Kennedy said:

Mick, I don't understand the point you are making? Both Castlemilk and Lesmahagow have very few Saturday players just now? Both teams have reached the Scottish Final and want to move on? Yes they will find it difficult but so would any other team joining. I'm sure if the players of both teams became available the majority would not be short of getting a game on a Saturday.  As far as playing both Saturday and Sunday they will do the same as your players do and just play when they want.  

1 hour ago, The roadrunner mark2 said:

Mick, I don't understand the point you are making? Both Castlemilk and Lesmahagow have very few Saturday players just now? Both teams have reached the Scottish Final and want to move on? Yes they will find it difficult but so would any other team joining. I'm sure if the players of both teams became available the majority would not be short of getting a game on a Saturday.  As far as playing both Saturday and Sunday they will do the same as your players do and just play when they want.  

Would I not be right in saying Lesmahagow have a lot of Machan Utd and Motherwell Thistle players? This could of course be a good thing though if all these players move across to the saturday team. I'd be more worried if they had a lot of players not playing saturday as I would imagine there would be a reason for that and they might not suddenly start playing on a saturday.

Castlemilk Dynamo again have a few who play saturday for Gartcosh, Third Lanark, Uddingston Anvil and Windlaw I believe. They run with a tight squad but may be able to attract a few extra bodies by moving saturday. 

I get Micks point but they are two very well run clubs and I am sure they must be confident they will have the nucleus of players that they currently have on a sunday. Looks like some other saturday clubs could lose a few cracking players.

1 hour ago, ekfootball said:

Would I not be right in saying Lesmahagow have a lot of Machan Utd and Motherwell Thistle players? This could of course be a good thing though if all these players move across to the saturday team. I'd be more worried if they had a lot of players not playing saturday as I would imagine there would be a reason for that and they might not suddenly start playing on a saturday.

Castlemilk Dynamo again have a few who play saturday for Gartcosh, Third Lanark, Uddingston Anvil and Windlaw I believe. They run with a tight squad but may be able to attract a few extra bodies by moving saturday. 

I get Micks point but they are two very well run clubs and I am sure they must be confident they will have the nucleus of players that they currently have on a sunday. Looks like some other saturday clubs could lose a few cracking players.

The Gow are looking forward to joining the league. We know it will not be easy but we are up for the challenge. Only time will tell if we are a good addition or not.  We have good guys involved in the team and a solid committee we are also well supported in the community from local business. 

On the point of players. The Gow goalie in semi plays with machan on a Saturday. Our other keeper plays with Motherwell Thistle he was away on holiday. 9 of the guys starting in the semi only play a Sunday this season. Most of these will change to a Saturday if they can cut it. If not we will get players in.  The new management team will determine if they are what they want.

We could have chosen other leagues but we wanted The Gow in this one. 

20 hours ago, ekfootball said:

What sort of set up do you think then would work because the SAFL set up that you're involved in certainly isn't any better at keeping teams. SAFL have lost EKRR, EKYM, EKFC,  Drumchapel Colts, Rosehill Star, Millbeg, Duntocher, East End Utd and Stanley Athletic all in the last year. I'd say its possibly been the worst league for teams folding in recent seasons. 

please read my post again and you will see I said NO TEAMS FOLDED THIS SEASON, EKRR were lost before the season started and are still going as a club like EKYM

The others were 2 /3 seasons ago with some of the names you mention tossed out the League 

The point I am clearly making is the Set up the problem and maybe that's why your League is reverting back to two separate divisions 

Not for one minute am I suggesting that The SAFL set up is the answer but less teams do fold compared to those that have the Div 1a/ Div 1b set up

Edited by auld yin wae knowledge

13 hours ago, auld yin wae knowledge said:

please read my post again and you will see I said NO TEAMS FOLDED THIS SEASON, EKRR were lost before the season started and are still going as a club like EKYM

The others were 2 /3 seasons ago with some of the names you mention tossed out the League 

The point I am clearly making is the Set up the problem and maybe that's why your League is reverting back to two separate divisions 

Not for one minute am I suggesting that The SAFL set up is the answer but less teams do fold compared to those that have the Div 1a/ Div 1b set up

I read your post. The point I am making is that over the past few seasons you have lost plenty of teams within your set up and as much if not more than other leagues. This could be down to moving leagues, folding or as you mentioned being tossed out. Great to see this season that you've not had any teams fold throughout the season but all the teams mentioned were still members of the league last year, so I would say that's a higher drop out rate than most leagues.  Another couple of teams due to leave at the end of the season as well. 

The SAFL set up is fine now, basic 3 divisions etc in comparison to the farce it used to be accepting teams like Celtic Community in to the premier bypassing divisions. However, I wouldn't say set up of the leagues whether 3 divisions or 1a 1b has a bearing on teams folding. 

Guest Mick Kennedy
On 25/03/2019 at 13:03, The roadrunner mark2 said:

The point I’m making is if the boys play Saturday already then is not a fair reflection of their teams and won’t be next season. I know they have reached the final of the Sunday Scottish and I wish them both all the best in the final, and I have nothing against them wanting to progress. 

Im speaking from my knowledge of the Central and what they look for in their criteria or used to and on that basis it’s a risk. But I wish both clubs all the best and commend them for taking the step forward.

I don’t whatvyiur point is in regards to my players playing on a Sunday, I haven’t mentioned anything about players playing on both days.

The point I’m making is if the boys play Saturday already then is not a fair reflection of their teams and won’t be next season. I know they have reached the final of the Sunday Scottish and I wish them both all the best in the final, and I have nothing against them wanting to progress. 
Im speaking from my knowledge of the Central and what they look for in their criteria or used to and on that basis it’s a risk. But I wish both clubs all the best and commend them for taking the step forward.
I don’t whatvyiur point is in regards to my players playing on a Sunday, I haven’t mentioned anything about players playing on both days.

It's a reasonable point Mick is making. If these clubs have a significant amount of players playing with other clubs on a Saturday it's a big risk assuming they will all jump ship when they switch to Saturday. It's a risk for the Central and I would have thought they would have let them play elsewhere for a season or two to assess if likely to be a good addition. No one wants teams folding during a season and they are running the risk of that happening.

Colville are getting up a head of steam and done it quietly with the midweek games. Hope they skelp Hurlford in scottish.

good luck to both Stpats and Bannockburn in tomorrows weet tie. Sure to be a cracker and cup winner will come from this tie.