CSAFL

Hands_Free

2 hours ago, auld yin wae knowledge said:

Cbrown 4 you are partial right but as if you look at The SAFL   have 3  Divisions  and no teams fold this season.

So I think that's  PART of the reason your League has a BIG problem with clubs going under is the set up...…….The cally League copied your Leagues set up for the last 2/ 3  seasons and lost about 3 or  4 clubs this season alone so not a coincidence and are changing back to 2 Divisions next season.

When I was in your League I argued for change back in 1995 !!! and was told its to make it easier to attract teams as its only  season to reach the top...….

Your point about the Sunday teams is right no harm, in fact its a plus though I will bet  that Oban and Lesmahagow are not in the same Division  next year lol

You still never answers my question about how many teams folded this yr !

Yes I'm a leafa man but no am not a Harvey supporter 

My point is you say the csafl is one of the best if not the best amateur leagues there is i would agree to a certain degree a would say the top 6 in the premier are very good rest if your honest are decent and that's all they are

My point is lesmahagow mite be another one of they teams that fold after 1 year or they mite not even see the season out as they have never run a Saturday team in the so called best league there is will they cope with getting beat every week time will tell 

2 hours ago, auld yin wae knowledge said:

Cbrown 4 you are partial right but as if you look at The SAFL   have 3  Divisions  and no teams fold this season.

So I think that's  PART of the reason your League has a BIG problem with clubs going under is the set up...…….The cally League copied your Leagues set up for the last 2/ 3  seasons and lost about 3 or  4 clubs this season alone so not a coincidence and are changing back to 2 Divisions next season.

When I was in your League I argued for change back in 1995 !!! and was told its to make it easier to attract teams as its only  season to reach the top...….

Your point about the Sunday teams is right no harm, in fact its a plus though I will bet  that Oban and Lesmahagow are not in the same Division  next year lol

My point is you say the csafl is one of the best if not the best amateur leagues there is i would agree to a certain degree a would say the top 6 in the premier are very good rest if your honest are decent and that's all they are

My point is lesmahagow mite be another one of they teams that fold after 1 year or they mite not even see the season out as they have never run a Saturday team in the so called best league there is will they cope with getting beat every week time will tell 

11 hours ago, Brad Bobley said:

In Lesmahagow’s defence, for a Sunday team, they’re arguably the best in Scotland so if they manage to keep their core group of players who play for them on a Sunday, I think they’ll manage well enough.

I know what you mean though, accepting a Sunday team doesn’t look particularly ambitious (if that’s the right word), but Lesmahagow would probably be one of the few exceptions along with Castlemilk Dynamo and possibly teams like East End Tower, The Bullfrog and Haghill who would be able to hold their own on a Saturday, albeit most of the players from the teams mentioned there play for Saturday teams.

Unsure if any other teams will announce they’ve been accepted to the Central. Did I read somewhere that Oban are moving?

Lesmahagow are definitely not the best Sunday team, they are a good young side and deserve there place in the final but can't see them beating eastend or castlemilk in the final. The latter 2 are arguably the best 2 teams in Sunday football

13 minutes ago, Bawsoot said:

I never answered it because I dont know the answer, I dont think all teams have folded some like Falkirk for instance have taken a relief of fixtures with aim of going again next year.

How many points are u actually making here m8? 

I think if your honest you will realise you are just being negative towards Lesmahagow gaining entry into the best association in amateur football because as you said there just a Sunday pub team and you allready have them failing.

You would probably take great pleasure in saying I told you so if they do struggle which is really quite sad.

Also even the average teams in the Premier League of CSAFL are better than the top 6 in Leafa, hows that for a point.

9 hours ago, Ammyfootballman92 said:

Lesmahagow are definitely not the best Sunday team, they are a good young side and deserve there place in the final but can't see them beating eastend or castlemilk in the final. The latter 2 are arguably the best 2 teams in Sunday football

Lesmahagow don't think we are the best Sunday team yet but we are one of them. Castlemilk and East End Tower will be favourites, same as Harvester were against us. We started 18 months ago with no team just a bunch of young local players. 8 of the players in the semi final squad had stopped playing (when they were between 17 to 20) for 18 month to 3 years as they had no local team to join. 5 started in Sunday's semi final. 

What they have gained over the last season and this one so far is match experiance which is now helping. The Bullfrog we never beat once last season. We have played them 3 times this season and beat them 3 times so far. Haghill we beat in the 4th or 5th round last season 3-2 in the Scottish. Lesmahagow AfC  players now will benefit with going Saturday as our average age is 22 and add some experiance this summer we would hope after a couple of years we can do okay. If not we will do what everyone else does and get better players in that can do the job.

There’s always a risk with teams moving league. Teams do it for a step up and to further the club. But a lot of the teams in the so called better leagues have msybe been going for longer and are used to a more competitive league. Also with a good committee behind teams they can survive times where teams maybe are struggling. Plenty of teams that have been going longer than Lesmahagow have moved leagues and folded I bet so if they feel it’s the right move for there club then that’s for them to decide. Fair play to them cause it is a step up. Hope it works out well. 

1 hour ago, Bawsoot said:

Mill ,east kilbride ,falkirk ,tullibody Fc clydebank,  blantyre celtic  

2 possibly 3 of they teams took a relief of fixtures so hopefully we see them again.

Tullibody who were flying in there league were dealt a huge blow when there coaching staff and majority of players went to Oakley. A failure of there own success in many ways but these things can hapen.

You have tried to paint a picture of a league in turmoil when nothing could be further from the truth. Transition yes but turmoil definetely not. As previously stated look at the big 1, theres a very good chance 2 CSAFL teams will be in the final. 

Ur entitled to ur say but dont be a hater big man , try and keep it positive. Lol.

37 minutes ago, NewBallsPlease said:

Is this Mill from Stirling & District? Didn’t their manager get a lengthy ban? Wee guy that was previously at Dunblane.

Think that lot are now in Leafa m8. 

Different team im sure.

Finding the posts over the last few days very interesting. In my experience when there is debate over the league it means there is definitely something to debate. I.e there is something afoot within the workings of the league such as success of teams  ( not an issue for top teams in CSAFL at the moment) committee structure, recruitment or retention of teams to name a few reasons

The  league definitely has an issue with retaining teams,not attracting them and that is down to a few things including SAFA, League structure and Clubs themselves. Each and every league has a duty to its clubs to continue to change and improve and engage those clubs in the process, not just have talking shops and no action. I am not sure the CSAFL has that drive at the moment, which has helped make it such a success over the years.

To me it doesn’t seem a major issue at the moment, but if the league doesn’t work with all the clubs, it definitely  will become an issue