CSAFL

Hands_Free

11 hours ago, Hands_Free said:

Good to see another midweek game on in the premier tonight,Colville 3 Harestanes 2. At this rate Colville should get into double figures of league games by the end of March :blink:

For those who can access a pitch, I've always thought playing a handful of midweek games under the lights during the season can make a difference come April, May & the lighter nights. Especially for those with extended runs in cups & pushing for the league.

11 hours ago, Hands_Free said:

Good to see another midweek game on in the premier tonight,Colville 3 Harestanes 2. At this rate Colville should get into double figures of league games by the end of March :blink:

For those who can access a pitch, I've always thought playing a handful of midweek games under the lights during the season can make a difference come April, May & the lighter nights. Especially for those with extended runs in cups & pushing for the league.

Definitely is a big advantage and I think a really smart move on Colville part. St Pats have points on the board but some tricky games to come. I think Bannockburn have got too much to do so my money is on Colville again this season.

In Lesmahagow’s defence, for a Sunday team, they’re arguably the best in Scotland so if they manage to keep their core group of players who play for them on a Sunday, I think they’ll manage well enough.

I know what you mean though, accepting a Sunday team doesn’t look particularly ambitious (if that’s the right word), but Lesmahagow would probably be one of the few exceptions along with Castlemilk Dynamo and possibly teams like East End Tower, The Bullfrog and Haghill who would be able to hold their own on a Saturday, albeit most of the players from the teams mentioned there play for Saturday teams.

Unsure if any other teams will announce they’ve been accepted to the Central. Did I read somewhere that Oban are moving?

9 minutes ago, Bawsoot said:

Is the csafl struggling to attract decent teams to goin the league just saw lesmahagow Sunday team have been accepted think they have only been going for a few seasons aswel !!

And they wonder why teams are folding in their league every season when they accept any Tom, Dick or Harry?

1 hour ago, Bawsoot said:

Just shows you they must be struggling to attract teams no disrespect to lesmahagow but let's be honest there only a Sunday pub team there's a trip for you next season if they get drawn is same league oban to lesmahagow haha

Definetely struggling Bawsoot.

Colville & Eastfield in semis of Scottish.

St Pats & Bannockburn both with chances of reaching last 4 of West.

Oban Saints , semi final of west, accepted into CSAFL.

The strongest Premier League in amateur football. 

Sure the CSAFL are contemplating chucking it!! 

And they wonder why teams are folding in their league every season when they accept any Tom, Dick or Harry?

Reason teams fold imo is they struggle to keep players interested when they are getting beat every week. I’m of the opinion we should follow the example of cale league and look at 3 divisions. That way everyone can find there level.

There are now a good few sunday teams going about and I think its refreshing to see some of the taking the jump and testing themselves by moving to a saturday.

In a time where we see teams folding and having to take a relief of fixtures regularly in amateur football its good to see the CSAFL have not been put off by the stigma that surrounds Sunday Football teams or Pub teams as some may put it. 

Remember most Saturday Amateur teams play out of a pub and rely heavily on that pubs support/sponsor.

Im sure the CSAFL will have looked into every detail regarding new members.

1 minute ago, Cbrown4 said:

Reason teams fold imo is they struggle to keep players interested when they are getting beat every week. I’m of the opinion we should follow the example of cale league and look at 3 divisions. That way everyone can find there level.

Cale no the same set up as CSAFL the now and moving to 2 leagues next season?

Redondo how many teams folded last year in csafl ???

What in Scotland??

Teams folding isnt just an issue for the CSAFL to worry about, its something the SAFA have to look into.

Like a said before , when u have a team like Oban Saints coming into the league its not going to get weaker.

Never mind league set up and teams folding.... who is picking that Scotland side??? 

They should be put Doon!

Theres a good few in there who would struggle to get a game with Pub Teams!

Miller - Colville

The Weasel - St Patz

Granty - Bburn

Just to name a few who should be in the squad surely!

Bring Back Bruce!

1 hour ago, Redondo said:

What in Scotland??

Teams folding isnt just an issue for the CSAFL to worry about, its something the SAFA have to look into.

Like a said before , when u have a team like Oban Saints coming into the league its not going to get weaker.

A said in csafl so why would you say Scotland !! It's not a matter for the safa to look into at all  the csafl decide who they let into there league not the safa !! what am trying to say is the csafl are letting teams in without any back ground to there team   let's be honest lesmahagow have only been a team for 2 years a think 

A said in csafl so why would you say Scotland !! It's not a matter for the safa to look into at all  the csafl decide who they let into there league not the safa !! what am trying to say is the csafl are letting teams in without any back ground to there team   let's be honest lesmahagow have only been a team for 2 years a think 

Ok m8 so the only teams in Scotland that fold are from the CSAFL are they??

My point is that its not the leagues fault teams fold its an amateur football issue and you will find that the CSAFL do there best to help teams so that they can avoid folding.

Whats your point about Lesmahagow , I dont get it, so what if theyve only been a team for 2 years. They might be about for another 2 or another 20, who knows? Thats where we are with the amateur game m8!! Teams start up , teams fold, they do well or they dont.

If you never give it a go or leagues dont give teams a chance we'll never know.

Recently we have seen Clubs with long history folding so that goes for nothing and new Clubs might stand the test of time and create there own history.

Did Lesmahagow put ur team out the Scottish? Are you a Harvey supporter? Pretty sure your a Leafa man , might be wrong but enlighten me??

3 hours ago, RogerDodger said:

Never mind league set up and teams folding.... who is picking that Scotland side??? 

They should be put Doon!

Theres a good few in there who would struggle to get a game with Pub Teams!

Miller - Colville

The Weasel - St Patz

Granty - Bburn

Just to name a few who should be in the squad surely!

Bring Back Bruce!

Every player in that side would walk into 99% of clubs in the country

7 hours ago, Cbrown4 said:

Cbrown 4 you are partial right but as if you look at The SAFL   have 3  Divisions  and no teams fold this season.

So I think that's  PART of the reason your League has a BIG problem with clubs going under is the set up...…….The cally League copied your Leagues set up for the last 2/ 3  seasons and lost about 3 or  4 clubs this season alone so not a coincidence and are changing back to 2 Divisions next season.

When I was in your League I argued for change back in 1995 !!! and was told its to make it easier to attract teams as its only  season to reach the top...….

Your point about the Sunday teams is right no harm, in fact its a plus though I will bet  that Oban and Lesmahagow are not in the same Division  next year lol

Edited by auld yin wae knowledge

Cbrown 4 you are partial right but as if you look at The SAFL   have 3  Divisions  and no teams fold this season.
So I think that's  PART of the reason your League has a BIG problem with clubs going under is the set up...…….The cally League copied your Leagues set up for the last 2/ 3  seasons and lost about 3 or  4 clubs this season alone so not a coincidence and are changing back to 2 Divisions next season.
When I was in your League I argued for change back in 1995 !!! and was told its to make it easier to attract teams as its only  season to reach the top...….
Your point about the Sunday teams is right no harm, in fact its a plus though I will bet  that Oban and Lesmahagow are not in the same Division  next year lol

Seems we are making the same point? Set up not allowing teams to play teams of similar ability resulting in teams folding as they’re getting beat every week.