CSAFL

Hands_Free

Standard bannockburn behaviour. Not first time side lines has tried to intimidate a ref.

Intimidation to the ref of the highest order
bannockburn fans on the park questioning the refs decision during the game when the game was stopped .
Ref crowded at end of game with fans hurling abuse
Yes he made a few wrong calls for both teams but didn’t deserve abuse he got
Colville better team on day
Bannockburn defended very well for majority of the game
Big percentage of play in bannockburn half
Colville took their chance to win the game
Colville keeper 1 terrific save to deny bannockburn
High tempo adrenaline fuelled game with 2 teams going for it
Colville still the team to beat imo but lack cutting edge with majority of possession they have

Really annoys me when I here about amateur refs getting abuse. Yes we all like a moan and most refs will talk to you(there are a few who don’t but that’s not a crime) but let’s be honest these guys are up against it from the off. Trying to keep up with play and watch 22 players by themselves. Call offsides with no help and sometimes having to guess as there is no way they can know. We can’t play without refs. 

Edited by LoveFitbaw

Just reading all this stuff regarding yesterday's game between bannockburn v colville and the bannockburn sidelines / supporters surrounding the ref at full time bannockburn committee should never have let that happen  hope am right in saying this did the bannockburn manager not threaten a ref few years back to the extent the police were called !!! surely the ref Will put it in his report and bannockburn will get pulled up infront of the csafl committee ....ps without these guys there would be no amateur football 

Guest Mick Kennedy

I hope he does those fans are a disgrace, always been the same, the level of abuse they give to players and officials is nothing short of scandalous. 

There was a league official at the game let’s see if anything happens. But I bet you nothing does, I bet the official doesn’t report it never mind the ref 

Guest joe hunter

The ref brought all this upon himself by getting numerous big decisions so wrong it was hard to believe and the "league official" should report the ref. You have to ask, why attract all the abuse in the first place ? Horrendous performance in a game that was always going to be settled by one goal by 2 good sides going for it. Big McD stand out.

Guest Mick Kennedy

He got decisions wrong for us aswell, but the abuse he took isn’t acceptable.

And you think It’s right to try and intimidate him after the game. 

The only big decisions in the game were both pens. Other than that it was run of mill decisions, that get contested every week.

Agree mate he was top drawer 

Edited by Mick Kennedy

Guest Mick Kennedy
24 minutes ago, Bawsoot said:

Buy the sound of that post Mick you must think the league favour bannockburn in some way 

That not what Meant mate , I just don’t think it will get reported 

7 minutes ago, joe hunter said:

Never said anything about being "right" Just saying, get the big calls correct then none of this happens, including this thread !

Refs get decisions wrong every week, even pens. Even at the highest level with lineman’s. I have no issue with contesting decisions but what I witnessed yesterday was a disgrace 

Edited by Mick Kennedy

Watched this circus yesterday with quite a few clowns on both sides. Lot going on though and tough for ref to handle. Bannockburn sidelines are a joke always have been and they were out of order yesterday a few times especially after full time.  Ref did get a few big calls wrong and a couple of off the ball incidents by Colville players were missed, i get they must be hard to see but he looked a bit of his depth. how the fuk would you put yoursel thru that shit for 30 or 40 quid is beyond me.

Boy up top for bannockburn seemed to be the target maybe cause hes the best in the league. Noticed a fly dig by the wee colville hard man act defender.

Colville are no angels and played their part with their nonsense. But no doubt Mick will come on here spouting shit denying everything as usual.

Yesterday players and sidelines more interested in intimidation to each other and ref, off the ball shite and big mouths.

The next league game will be worse. 

Some of the fans by the end of game had turned into seething messes.

I could understand their frustrations,  but getting the game stopped until the two c***s had to be removed from park was  a bit special. They weren't leaving until Burn man hunted them off. 

A wee dig here and there all adds to it for me. Both sides I may add. #5 Burn caught my eye, tidy player. 

Guest Mick Kennedy
9 minutes ago, BarmyAmmy said:

Watched this circus yesterday with quite a few clowns on both sides. Lot going on though and tough for ref to handle. Bannockburn sidelines are a joke always have been and they were out of order yesterday a few times especially after full time.  Ref did get a few big calls wrong and a couple of off the ball incidents by Colville players were missed, i get they must be hard to see but he looked a bit of his depth. how the fuk would you put yoursel thru that shit for 30 or 40 quid is beyond me.

Boy up top for bannockburn seemed to be the target maybe cause hes the best in the league. Noticed a fly dig by the wee colville hard man act defender.

Colville are no angels and played their part with their nonsense. But no doubt Mick will come on here spouting shit denying everything as usual.

Yesterday players and sidelines more interested in intimidation to each other and ref, off the ball shite and big mouths.

The next league game will be worse. 

I don’t deny anything I have already said that there should have been two pens.

If you think I talk shit thta your opinion mate, I’m cool way that, I don’t deny anything if you ask me a direct question I will give you an honest answer 

Our sidelines didn’t intimidate anyone don’t you talk shite we contested decisions thta we felt went against against I don’t deny a love a moan at the ref but we actually had some friendly banter with the bannockburn players who are good lads. But the abuse our players tooks as per usual was joke. 

17 minutes ago, wishyman said:

Some of the fans by the end of game had turned into seething messes.

I could understand their frustrations,  but getting the game stopped until the two c***s had to be removed from park was  a bit special. They weren't leaving until Burn man hunted them off. 

A wee dig here and there all adds to it for me. Both sides I may add. #5 Burn caught my eye, tidy player. 

Aye was o.t.t and hopefully the watching official will do something about it.

Theres been a bit needle between both clubs recently and its not surprising it boiled over.  2 big rivals who strive to be top dogs in there association and these are the games everyone wants to be involved in.

People on the sidelines need to take a breath before speaking sometimes and hink of the bigger picture. Roaring at the ref doesnt help ur team quite the opposite imo.

Unfortunately Burn been guilty of this many times then wonder why they dont get major decisions in big games, refs are human beings guys.

Feel for the manager and players as all good lads.

Hopefully the nonsense will be cut out for the next game and we will be discussing more football instead of supporter behaviour and referees.