CSAFL

Hands_Free

Its far too early to be writing teams off not even halfway yet!!

Runs in major competitions, weather, backlog of games, injuries & suspensions all major factors in what will hapen.

Going into a key stage in the season for any serious contenders for silverware and then it may be whoever is able to strengthen going into the new year who will come out on top in May.

53 minutes ago, Donza said:

Write both Third Lanark and Edu Sports off all you want, it's only November anything could happen!

Anything can happen...just don't lose a one off cup game by the sounds of it :D

Exactly, anything can happen but my point still stands. Bridgewater are on course for the top two as things stand. I'd rather be in their position than Third Lanark or Edu's that's for sure. A lot less margin for error in the second half of the season for those two teams.

Amazing how rumours are started.

i dont think it’s right for anyone to pass comment on this without knowing The ins and outs,  as the saying goes there is always 2 sides to every story. 

All i I can say from knowing the guys that run the club is this desision would have been done for the good of the club and no other reason. 

I think the great thing about 1b is that theres many good teams. You see teams from lower in table beating teams at top of table with ourselves (Thirds) and BSC picking up what looked like unexpected points looking at the table.

Given that the last 2 years we’ve only lost a handful of league games in the GGPFL we knew it was going to be a tough transition. Theres games we played well and lost. A couple of games we’ve been off the ball and took a doing. While its not the ideal position for us, we’re still obviously glad to have made the move.

It’ll be very interesting to see how the season ends.

1 hour ago, Crazy Feet said:

Anything can happen...just don't lose a one off cup game by the sounds of it :D

Exactly, anything can happen but my point still stands. Bridgewater are on course for the top two as things stand. I'd rather be in their position than Third Lanark or Edu's that's for sure. A lot less margin for error in the second half of the season for those two teams.

Interesting take on it CrazyFeet, early doors can't rule anyone out including Blantyre! Don't be so narrow minded, we are in November not May time will tell!

3 minutes ago, Ampie said:

I think the great thing about 1b is that theres many good teams. You see teams from lower in table beating teams at top of table with ourselves (Thirds) and BSC picking up what looked like unexpected points looking at the table.

Given that the last 2 years we’ve only lost a handful of league games in the GGPFL we knew it was going to be a tough transition. Theres games we played well and lost. A couple of games we’ve been off the ball and took a doing. While its not the ideal position for us, we’re still obviously glad to have made the move.

It’ll be very interesting to see how the season ends.

Spot on mate!!

Edited by Donza

I also look at Blantyre who’ve had some great results. Newtonvale won the division above us last 2 seasons in a row so another decent team.

Only 2 teams i’ve never seen are Fallin and Ardencaple.

Our main aim is just adapting and improving this year. Teams are much fitter and we’re needing to concentrate for much longer than we’re used to.

No chance of st pats sacking there manager watched them on Saturday vs maryhill thistle very good outfit class players all over the park and must fancy themselves for silverware this season.sad to see another manager leave his job that’s Bridgewater and drummy ams in the last couple of weeks 
They usually do fancy themselves for silverware but always seemto end up short. Getting over that final hurdle seems to be a bit of a problem for them. When was the last time they won something?

Guest Mick Kennedy

I wouldn’t say rotten they have some top players, at one point some of the best players in amateur football. They have struggled a lot this year with injuries and players missing. On their day they are a very capable side who I wouldnt under estimate 

AYe think you're on the wind up to say UB are rotten. We went 1-0 up and they had 3 great chances to go 3-1 and game would’ve been probably done if they take the chances, but instead we get a few chances and go 4-1 at half time, the beauty of the amateur game chances taken are what matters but they a long way from rotten. Was a fantastic game to be involved in. But yes 100% agree 1B has teams at top and bottom who will all take points from each other, one game at a time for us and see how we’re placed in March/April before making wild guesses of top 2 etc. 

37 minutes ago, Crazy Feet said:

Div 1A has better teams than 1B. Certainly at the top end. 

No sure how u can base that argument tbh? 

Not sure there is even any point to it either. 

Nobody from either division will be worrying about teams from the other.

7 hours ago, Redondo said:

No sure how u can base that argument tbh? 

Not sure there is even any point to it either. 

Nobody from either division will be worrying about teams from the other.

Just based on the last few posts about how anyone can beat anyone etc as if it's a really tough league. Competitive is probably the correct word to describe it. 

11 hours ago, Crazy Feet said:

Just based on the last few posts about how anyone can beat anyone etc as if it's a really tough league. Competitive is probably the correct word to describe it. 

Very competitive.

Game of the day 2moro in CSAFL , Bannockburn v Colville

Predictions anyone?

Also see Eastfield playing a bounce game between themselves were they not meant to be playing Bridgewater?

18 minutes ago, Redondo said:

Very competitive.

Game of the day 2moro in CSAFL , Bannockburn v Colville

Predictions anyone?

Also see Eastfield playing a bounce game between themselves were they not meant to be playing Bridgewater?

I hear if Bannockburn win they have got a security company lined up for Sat night to protect bluebell park..... :)