CSAFL

Hands_Free

Took in the saints game as well and hard earned win for them. Tough start from them coming up against harestanes, colville and eastfield in opening few weeks of season so sure they will be delighted coming out of it with maximum points. Noticed there 2nd team playing on park next to them with a full squad of 16 as well. Must be carrying some size of squad, couple of the usual faces were missing as well

Took in Bannockburn  game yesterday . Tight start with Bannockburn on top without taking their chances . The penalty seemed to be decisive and from then on Bannockburn won comfortably. Cambusnethan  will have better days they looked strong early on but seemed to lost heart after second goal.

• 4 weeks later...

Be good to get a bit of chat on this topic, maybe a chance it won't get dominated by the ayrshire lads!!

Colville , Bannockburn & St Pats all started well and look like the teams that will battle it out for the Prem title.  Colville once everyone is fit and available definetely have the squad to challenge for league and major honours.

Bridewater off to a very good start also with 5 wins from 5 in Div 1b.

Both 1st Div should be well contested again this year.

Been a decent start from us this year in the league, picking up maximum points against some good teams. Think we have win all our games except one by only 1-2 goals.

Even though, we have started well, i honestly think from the teams we have played, that any one team can beat another in our division. I imagine this division will be close come the end of the season.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Mick Kennedy

You would have thought so we offered mate, we told the league during the week, the game was always going to be off they have a couple of players at a stag doo. The league haven’t got the balls to stop this nonsense 

Guest Mick Kennedy

No I believe there was a vote on league games be reversed if teams still had each other to play, but we were the only club that voted for it I believe 

6 minutes ago, Mick Kennedy said:

No I believe there was a vote on league games be reversed if teams still had each other to play, but we were the only club that voted for it I believe 

I think this should be looked at as it saves backlog at end of season. Not all clubs have access to astro every week so may not be level playing field for all teams to utilise this rule, if it gets introduced.

should be looked at though

It was Michael.
I voted against it, won’t effect us to much with us playing in 3G but I don’t think clubs should be made to switch the game for few reasons ie it doesn’t always suit when you have guys working in call centres for example and are coming to a home game only for it to be moved 30 mins drive away. Most teams outwith maybe yourselves and maybe southside don’t have the squad sizes that can deal with missing key players when game is switched.

Surely guys could check to see if theres a game on a sat before taking a shift at work so would be able to see if the game will be switched before doing so?

I’m not taking about taking a Saturday overtime shift. Some of them work every 2nd sat as part of there shift

It was Michael.
I voted against it, won’t effect us to much with us playing in 3G but I don’t think clubs should be made to switch the game for few reasons ie it doesn’t always suit when you have guys working in call centres for example and are coming to a home game only for it to be moved 30 mins drive away. Most teams outwith maybe yourselves and maybe southside don’t have the squad sizes that can deal with missing key players when game is switched.

Personally I think we all want to play football on a Saturday and if your game is off and you haven't played the team away from home it makes sense to reverse. Avoids backlog of fixtures and possible mid weeks (which are far harder at times to get a team with guys works) and better than doing anything else on a Saturday. It's a rule in the Caledonian League for the game to be reversed if they have a park and I think it works very well.

Guest Mick Kennedy

I totally agree it should be a rule in our league aswell, surely everyone aim is to pay football on a Sat.

What happens if the boys shift on a day yous play away Chris? Surely you can’t control that if they work every 2nd Sat.

Also surely not every team has call centre workers in their squads