Haddington Athletic

PRS

Doesnt seem to be a Hi Hi thread, so I'll start one.  I go to Millfield from time to time and always enjoy my visits there, usually see an entertaining game and in addition, the best pies I have ever tasted anywhere, let alone at a football match.  Not long ago, I was at a Scottish Junior cup replay at Haddington where the home team were 4-0 down with something like 12 minutes to go and came back to 4-4, eventually winning  on penalties.  Today came close to a re run.  The home side were 4-0 down after 28 minutes and at what seemed a combination of being overwhelmed by Dundonald as well as according them far too much respect.  At that point, a double figure defeat was on the cards.  The second half saw Haddington come out with a much more positive attitude and they pulled it back to 4-3, should have equalised with 4 minutes to go with a through ball that led to one on one with the Blubell keeper but the chance was scorned.  Great game and nice folk as well including club official Dave MacKay who gave me a run down on the clubs situation.  The first half suggested a club that was going to be over run; the second half showing suggested one that if it repeats  that attitude and with the addition of a couple of old heads in the mid field and at the back, would see be a team that should be frightened off no-one in the league.  For Dundonald, Ross Drummong looked classy and Archie Campbell was prominent in attack.  

Interesting offer of some "Dundonald Dope" by a member off the travelling party as I left the Bowling Club after a post match pint;  turned out the substance in question was snuff!  Pity more locals dont turn up to support the Hi His, its a nice set up and a great location.  One of non league footballs more picturesque settings.

Archived