Dunfermline v ICT

1 minute ago, JamieStevenson said:

Nervous for tomorrow. Defensively we look an absolute mess.

We can't break teams down so you'll be fine.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/30/2018 at 16:16, TheScarf said:

And Walsh and Calder need to fucking hug the touchlines.  Robbo has some non-width fetish for some reason.

Given how wide Robbo is it does seem odd.

A big match today for both sides. A poor result for Dunfermline last week and we will be looking to bounce back this afternoon while Inverness will be coming to EEP with frustration after last weekends draw vs Alloa. I think it'll be an open game filled with goals. 

I'm glad we've managed to further add before the end of the summer window but slightly concerned we may be a defender short - especially with Lewis Martin and Tom Beadling out for the next month or so. Stuart Morrison is more than capable of standing in but I don't think it is fair to put that pressure on him solely. 

I think there'll be a few changes today; 

Robinson

Ashcroft; Durnan; Devine

Williamson; Craigen; Vincent; Thomson; J.Longridge

L.Longridge; Muirhead

Subs;

Gill, Morrison, M.Martin, Higginbotham, Connolly, El Bakhtaoui, Ryan

It is interesting that John Robertson says Dunfermline's last couple of results are a bit false and that the Pars are better than where they sit in the Championship right now. With apparently 3 or 4 players doubtful to Caley today, you just wonder how that'll affect Inverness. I see Austin was subbed early in the second-half last week and that could be a major bonus to DAFC as he's always a thorn in our side. Similarly with Walsh, who was also taken off last week... If he is one of the injured party then again that'd be a boost for us. 

As I said above, it'll be an open game IMO with both sides going for the win. I am going for 2-1 Dunfermline. A debut goal by Muirhead and a L.Longridge strike to seal the victory. Shaun Rooney to score for Inverness. 

COYP! :thumsup2

Dunfermline Athletic v Inverness CT 16 Lee Robinson 6 Lee Ashcroft (c) 5 Mark Durnan 14 Daniel Devine 2 Ryan Williamson 19 James Vincent 10 Louis Longridge 17 Joe Thomson 3 Jackson Longridge 18 Faissal El Bakhtaoui 15 Myles Hippolyte

Surprised Ryan and Craigen have been dropped.
Same. Craigen wasn't the worst down at Ayr. I'd have him at right back on current form tbf. If Higginbotham isn't playing (and he's done well enough coming off the bench that I'm a wee bit surprised he's not back in the starting XI today) then Williamson looks a totally different player. Wonder if Muirhead and the French diddy (TM all the Jambos I've spoken to) will get on at all today?

Not surprised that there's been no traffic on this thread. Two poor teams devoid of confidence and zero football being played. We seem to think playing out from the back using defenders who can't actually play out from the back is a good idea, as is shelling long balls for el Bakhtaoui and Hippolyte. Jackson Longridge looks like our best bet for a goal at the moment! Inverness aren't much better but at least have had a couple of chances on the break. Poor, poor fayre.

Terrible first half. Apart from the Longridges and Thomson we have nothing going forward. Faiss totally isolated. Get a striker up alongside him  quickly please.

Inverness are totally average but still fearful for us 2nd half.

Archived