Dunfermline v ICT

I forgot to mention this at the weekend, but is the social club at the stadium always home fans only? Last season I’m sure it was open to both. I was half way up the stairs on Saturday when a steward chased after me telling me it ‘It was only fae Pars’.

Depends on the opposition/expected number of away fans. Looks like you took a much bigger crowd to EEP than in our most recent games so they must have decide it would be ‘safer’ for it to be home fans only.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, smpar said:

Depends on the opposition/expected number of away fans. Looks like you took a much bigger crowd to EEP than in our most recent games so they must have decide it would be ‘safer’ for it to be home fans only.

Aye it was mixed at the league game in March which had a much poorer crowd. I never thought about it on Saturday, got in but wasn’t wearing any colours, neither was my mate when he turned up. That 1968 IPA is pretty decent. 

Aye it was mixed at the league game in March which had a much poorer crowd. I never thought about it on Saturday, got in but wasn’t wearing any colours, neither was my mate when he turned up. That 1968 IPA is pretty decent. 

I’ve been stopped at the door a couple of times by stewards asking to see your ticket, but I’ve also wandered in plenty times with no colours showing and they haven’t cared at all.

Unless it was the bigot brothers, I have serious doubts about there ever being any trouble between home and away fans, with the odd exception maybe for Raith or Falkirk games when the Neanderthals appear from the dark ages.

I've started drinking in Town before games this season. The service is just too slow at the club bars and there's nae fitbaw on the screens. 

I made a point of using club bars during and after admin but it's got the point where I'm just no enjoying the pre& post match pints due to  poor service. You stand at the front for 20 minutes and guys walk up and get served straight away. I found it was stressing me a bit, so no more. Toon boozers for me now.

We ended up in the Lizzie after being refused entry to Legends. Was decent enough. They had the football on and we got served pretty quickly. About all I really want from a pre and post match boozer.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

The club need to have a word. We're trying to be open, welcoming and a community club, but can't allow a few Caley fans from having a beer with the Pars patrons? What a depressing situation.

I think our wee sports bar at the ground let's pretty much anyone in apart from OF fans (for obvious reasons) and anyone who is utterly sloshed after getting pissed on the way up on the bus/train. We need the money after all and I'd be surprised if the Pars are any different especially when you'll need the cash to pay off Devine in January.

Archived