Livi vs Hibs

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent performance and result.  Pity we were hampered by Miller in the first two league games and the Motherwell League Cup tie.

Would be nice if these results and performances encouraged a few more Livi fans to come along.  

Yesterday showed that any team turning up at the Tony Macaroni not prepared to battle for 90 minutes are going to get battered.

GIRFUY

Bullied your sorry lot all over the park, Bogdan saved you from a mauling, reminiscent of your league cup mauling all those years ago, sit down.

Who let the Livi lot stay up until nearly 2am drinking fizzy pop and working themselves into a seething mess? :lol:

7 hours ago, Alan Stubbs said:

Speaking of yer da, props to the stadium announcer for managing to trigger me even more than our w**k performance. He could've fully read War and Peace with a lower word count than his half time spiel and then he announced the MOTM shree times. If any of you Livi bois know him, please tell him to give his terrible voice a rest.

:lol: Very true, he's awful. 

Sure the other Livi fans will agree with me that some of the comments I've seen from Hibs fans remind me of when we were gubbing teams last year. Worst performance etc. If we continue in similar vein, we're in for a great season.

10 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Sure the other Livi fans will agree with me that some of the comments I've seen from His fans remind me of when we were gubbing teams last year. Worst performance etc. If we continue in similar vein, we're in for a great season.

I was thinking the exact same thing! Love reading it to be honest...gets last seasons vibe back!

1 hour ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Sure the other Livi fans will agree with me that some of the comments I've seen from His fans remind me of when we were gubbing teams last year. Worst performance etc. If we continue in similar vein, we're in for a great season.

Me saying how pish Hibs were wasn't an attempt to take anything away from Livi. Livi limited us to very few goof chances, ran all over us in midfield and scored a couple of nice goals. It would have been a tough game even if we played well. Nevertheless, our defending was crap and nobody looked like they wanted to be there or had any belief in turning it around. It was a case of Livi giving us a hard time and us doing absolutely nothing to respond do it. 

It reminded me of our home defeat to Hamilton this time last year. On the face of it, a surprising result; in reality, a flattering scoreline. Things improved massively from that last season but even if they do again this year, it will be annoying that it's yet another season where we've fannied about in the summer and started slowly.

Byrne’s goal was magnificent. If he’s here this time next year we’ll be doing very well.

Another great result yesterday and makes you wonder what things would’ve been like if Holt had been in from the start of the season.

6 minutes ago, Alan Stubbs said:

Me saying how pish Hibs were wasn't an attempt to take anything away from Livi. Livi limited us to very few goof chances, ran all over us in midfield and scored a couple of nice goals. It would have been a tough game even if we played well. Nevertheless, our defending was crap and nobody looked like they wanted to be there or had any belief in turning it around. It was a case of Livi giving us a hard time and us doing absolutely nothing to respond do it. 

It reminded me of our home defeat to Hamilton this time last year. On the face of it, a surprising result; in reality, a flattering scoreline. Things improved massively from that last season but even if they do again this year, it will be annoying that it's yet another season where we've fannied about in the summer and started slowly.

Wasn't referring to your post at all, I was just agreeing with you re the tannoy announcer.  

A fantastic display by Livi from start to finish.

This grouo of players are a joy to watch and i just love how they never give him.

Its tough to pick anyone out of this team for individual praise they all deserve the plaudits.

As i and many others hav said Gary Holt should hav got the job to start with,he's the perfect fit for L.F.C :thumsup2

Well done Livi two cracking goals, going to take a few points off a lot of teams this season. We were dogshit but we have always been capable of such performances. The bedwetters are out in force but its early days with a new squad so not too concerned. That pitch though.............

Whittaker still playing central midfield four games into the season :lol: Livi thoroughly deserved their win. Our only positive is Daryl Horgan. Lennon is going to have to change this system as it’s clearly not working now that we’ve lost Allan/McGinn/McGeough. Need the injuries back pronto and Milligan to be a superstar.

Great game yesterday and fantastic 3 points for Livingston. First half hibs had a lot of the ball but never created that much. 2nd half I thought we more than deserved our win. This team has a never die attitude and never give in. We have some top players who don’t get enough credit imo. Halkett gallagher and Lithgow are solid at the back. Lamie had a tough first half but excellent second half. Lawless never got into game that much. Keags had a good game working really hard all over pitch. For me byrne just shades Pittman for motm and they were best 2 players on park. Without these 2 players I think we would really struggle. If that was a top English player that had scored the goal byrne did they would be going on about it for months. I think we may struggle to hold onto him if he keeps up his level of performance. Was really impressed with Dolly Menga a real handful and very quick. Robinson was busy and works so hard for team great player. 

Archived