Craig Levein's own Heart of Midlothian FC v st mirren

52 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

St Mirren haven't had a great start to the season. I haven't seen the performances either, but going into the big games, teams can find big performances and shock a few.

I'm not getting too complacent and predicting a walk in the park on Saturday, I do however trust this Hearts side to give it everything, we are back to being pretty strong and dangerous. I also expect another couple of top quality signings before the weekend ( Demi Mitchell, Gareth McAuley and David Vanecek).

Heart of Midlothian 2-0 St Mirren

I expect us to sign some English teams under 18’s this week as Alan Stubbs continues to build his squad.

It will literally be men against boys, with Hearts 4 up by H/T and taking pity as our team burst into tears and need to be consoled by their mums.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the expectations off Saints posters here are anything to go by Stubbs is going to come here to contain and frustrate

If we manage to score early and demoralise a team that must be pretty demoralised already then we could get a bucketload here

If fortune favours them then the crowd will start getting annoyed and It’ll be an awkward nasty afternoon

7 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

If the expectations off Saints posters here are anything to go by Stubbs is going to come here to contain and frustrate

Yeah, that's not going to happen. We'd like him maybe to shut up shop purely because we need some stability in our results and we'd all happily take a run of 0-0's just now, but Stubbs won't do that.

I'll be honest, we don't have the team mentality just now to allow you to come on to us (oo-er, missus) while we soak up the pressure. Instead, expect us to try and push high, find it working for the first 20 mins or so, lose a goal, lose concentration/confidence then get ripped apart on the counter as we continue to try and push high.

Too many doom and gloom predictions among the St. Mirren fans.  You never know things just might click for you on the day.  This Hearts team are well capable of being unconvincing, see Dunfermline a couple of weeks ago.  A quick goal by St. Mirren and the natives could turn on the home team quite quickly.

On saying that:  Hearts 2 - 0 St. Mirren

2 hours ago, paisleysaints said:

home win hearts to rack up the goals

I absolutely hate it when we are overwhelming favourites to win and all the chat is about just how many we will put past some no-chance diddy outfit. That way leads to egg on face. It's going to be a tight match against a team with something to prove and with our main motivator absent from the touchline. Okay ?

50 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

I absolutely hate it when we are overwhelming favourites to win and all the chat is about just how many we will put past some no-chance diddy outfit. That way leads to egg on face. It's going to be a tight match against a team with something to prove and with our main motivator absent from the touchline. Okay ?

You obviously not seen us in action yet!! get your money on a high home win

3 hours ago, Mr. X said:

Too many doom and gloom predictions among the St. Mirren fans.  You never know things just might click for you on the day.  This Hearts team are well capable of being unconvincing, see Dunfermline a couple of weeks ago.  A quick goal by St. Mirren and the natives could turn on the home team quite quickly.

On saying that:  Hearts 2 - 0 St. Mirren

No chance mate it will be at least 5 if not more if I was home I would out a bet on that .

So St Mirren are likely to come to Tynecastle and open up/try to play a bit?

Not exactly. We stand about like a bunch of strangers in a foreign land. Play your normal game and it will be impossible not to win convincingly.

So what could go wrong? High flying and undefeated Hearts go into the game wanting to prove a point to their ill manager against a struggling side which have an ex-manager of their bitter rivals at the helm.
I thought the team we put out on Saturday could have competed with Livi, and they most certainly could, but unless something changes there is clearly an issue in the camp that's more mental than physical. Sadly I doubt we will have that ironed out before this game.
What am I hoping for? That the "Footballing Gods" continue the fine tradition of when things are an almost guaranteed stick on, it rarely works out quite as you expect.
Two teams I never bet on as they always burst coupons.

I'm going for home win.

Will St Mirren sell their allocation (~765) for this? Obviously there's a lot of negativity just now, but will a first trip to the redeveloped Tynecastle Park overcome that?

Sure I saw on JKB that it will probably be the biggest Hearts v St Mirren crowd (~18,000) for a league match since the '50s.

Archived