Queens v Ayr

40 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

You should be fine on Saturday as it`s common knowledge on P&B that Dobbie only scores against the wee teams. 

Yep, Dobbie will never score against a club as big as Ayr. It's good of them to grace us with their presence to be fair. I for one am looking forward to counting the Ayrshire pound into our coffers.

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Growing up in my early years and following Ayr, I always regarded Queens as a tiny 2nd division club as they were mostly in the old 2nd in my lifetime, however I remember when they were promoted back to the 1st and I had my first trip to Palmerston I was actually taken aback that the Stadium was the same if not bigger than Somerset and then realised that QOS were traditionally a pretty big club, so I always find this "big club", "small club" thing a bit strange as when do you draw the line ? Do you take current support and league position ? or do you look at stadium size and clubs honours throughout the last 10, 20, 50, or even 100 years ??

Who knows ??

If being pushed, I'd probably have the majority of the Championship as it stands with Alloa being swapped for Raith as pretty much the same size of clubs in a traditional sense and of course we could add Motherwell, Kilmarnock, St. Mirren, Dundee to that list at any given time. 

Livi don't count as they are a fake club run by crooks and the former highland teams are hard to weigh up due to their short histories and smaller grounds etc.

All in all, we could argue for hours about club size but ultimately you're only as good as your last game and current league position, hence the reason we should just enjoy ourselves while the good times last and pray that the bad times don't come too often and ultimately we should all be thankful that we support our local teams with the ups and downs that go with it, as opposed to being a brain washed moron who follow follows or hail, hails a bunch of bigots from Glasgow...............

Every club is a big club to its own supporters, lets be honest If you believe the media all but two of the clubs in Scotland are small and not worth talking about, I'm proud to support my local team and have total respect for all supporters who do this (apart from killy fans who are just rangers supporters in disguise), I have heard the sleeping giant tag given to Ayr plenty of times over the years and it never wakes up, we are in a position and form we would never have dreamed of at the end if 16/17 season let's not let it go to our heads and enjoy it as long as we can and bam up as many opposition fans as possible lol

33 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Every club is a big club to its own supporters, lets be honest If you believe the media all but two of the clubs in Scotland are small and not worth talking about, I'm proud to support my local team and have total respect for all supporters who do this (apart from killy fans who are just rangers supporters in disguise), I have heard the sleeping giant tag given to Ayr plenty of times over the years and it never wakes up, we are in a position and form we would never have dreamed of at the end if 16/17 season let's not let it go to our heads and enjoy it as long as we can and bam up as many opposition fans as possible lol

Do you really, I mean REALLY believe that?

Never met a Killie fan with anything other than absolute contempt for Rangers, the same as fans of any other club (apart from Hearts, who in the past year or so have seemed to embrace their 'little brother' tag with shameful gusto).

Do you really, I mean REALLY believe that?
Never met a Killie fan with anything other than absolute contempt for Rangers, the same as fans of any other club (apart from Hearts, who in the past year or so have seemed to embrace their 'little brother' tag with shameful gusto).
Nah I just say that to wind them up, I even grudgingly respect killy fans for supporting there local team

Get the wee team mentality in the sea. We are not “a small fish in a big pond”. It’s the Scottish Championship ffs. We are a bigger club than at least 4 or 5 teams in this division. 
Lawrence Shankland has a lot to answer for [emoji38]

The 'who's a bigger club than who' argument is probably the worst argument to plague the footballing world.

Ask a Newcastle fan what makes them a big club without mentioning attendances and they'd stare at you blankly. Ask Virginton what makes Morton a big club without mentioning the fact they won one major trophy about 8 decades before he was born, and he'd have nothing in response but some shite Ainsley Harriott meme and blustering nonsense. Are Hamilton Accies a bigger club than someone like Falkirk? Inevitably the debate will drift towards the usual attendance chat but they have now had a sustained period in the top flight, which Falkirk, in my lifetime, have not.

What constitutes a big club is completely subjective, and for any Ayr fan to come on here and claim we are 'bigger' than any other team, let alone half the league, is an absolute beamer imo. Last thing we need is to start wanking ourselves silly over our start to the season and then have it all explode in our face yet again. 

30 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

Last thing we need is to start wanking ourselves silly over our start to the season and then have it all explode in our face yet again. 

I think its the wanking ourselves silly and exploding in other people's faces that is annoying them. 

15 minutes ago, paulbrucerick said:

I think its the wanking ourselves silly and exploding in other people's faces that is annoying them. 

This is a very good time to be an Ayr fan and if I want to act like a billy big baws about it I absoulotely will.

No one likes us we don’t care etc. 

2 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

This is a very good time to be an Ayr fan and if I want to act like a billy big baws about it I absoulotely will.

You wire in bud, I didn't say I was against it.:P

Some folk get far too serious on here. 

3 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Yep, Dobbie will never score against a club as big as Ayr. It's good of them to grace us with their presence to be fair. I for one am looking forward to counting the Ayrshire pound into our coffers.

Good to see you know your place and are looking forward to receiving the fabled black & white pound.

3 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Quite right. Time for “A great feeling at Somerset” thread.

Archived