Queens v Ayr

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Superhursy7 said:
2 minutes ago, D said:
Andy Stirling still playing for you lot?

Thought he was pretty decent for Stinlar and Dumbarton. Plus our captain is shagging his sister.

That the bloke Doc got sent off for puting about 6ft in the air?

Don't remind me of that game I went from apoplectic to ecstatic.

I left 5 mins before the end (rare for me) and was waiting outside talking to the Steward when he said it's 1-2.  I said Ayr don't do comebacks and he said you've got a penalty. He let me back in and I saw Moorie score the pen. What a feeling!

Moral of the story never leave early.

46 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Judging by the comments from Ayr posters many view this game as a foregone conclusion. Let's put it this way if we play anywhere near last weeks level I would be surprised if that wasn't good enough to win the game.

As always with us though that is perhaps a big if.

We certainly have plenty of quality in our ranks - let's hope they all turn up.

26 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Old Firm levels of ignorance there.

Ah right, so our constant pressing when defending and fast paced attacking played no part. It was all down to how shite Falkirk were?

f**k me emoji38.png

I think the majority of our fans are keeping their feet on the ground.

Given we are in unbeaten in 9 (2 draws & 7 wins)  only conceding 2 goals you can expect a few to get carried away. As I would expect the Queens fans to be if the situation were reversed.

Tomorrow should be a cracker. I make us marginal favourites but as I mentioned earlier I've never see us win at Palmerston so hoping for a new first tomorrow.

Judging by the comments from Ayr posters many view this game as a foregone conclusion. Let's put it this way if we play anywhere near last weeks level I would be surprised if that wasn't good enough to win the game.

As always with us though that is perhaps a big if.

We certainly have plenty of quality in our ranks - let's hope they all turn up.
Only the dafties are expecting us to stroll this.

I've been expecting our bubble to burst since the game at firhill.

2 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

All of our games are "all ticket". We don't take cash at turnstiles. It just means you need to buy one outside.

Yeah I remember you gave me a child ticket last time but took the adult money from me....easy system

Just now, aldo said:

Queens look really good in those Falkirk highlights. Tough tough game tomorrow.

We look really good in all our highlights.

I expected every game in this league to be really tough but I do think any team is capable of winning at any time, however we certainly have nothing to fear as our players have already proven that they belong at this level or even above.

I'm excited about this, but can scarcely ever recall that working out well.

Plenty of hubris in evidence from some of the Ayr fans, although in fairness, it's far from universal.

I actually think that we've maybe got a bit excessively upbeat too.  Our League season started poorly.  Obviously last week's result was very good, but it did come against a massively struggling side with a managerial team experiencing its death throes.  

I think it's served to banish some of the initial feelings that we're really not great.  I still doubt if we're up to much to be honest, but we've one brilliant player and that enables us to maul much weaker sides.

Most of our Betfred opponents fitted that description, as did the version of Falkirk we got to face.  Ayr don't though, so it'll be difficult for us.  

I'm taking more encouragement from how we coped with St Johnstone than from last week at Falkirk, which I suspect reflected at least as much on them as on us.

Tomortow will be our hardest game of the season so far. We rarely do well at Palmerston and Harkins will be keen to prove a point, however, a draw will not be a bad result. 1-1 

A win is possible but we need good performances from the whole team to achieve this.

Hopefully Dobbie has an off day.

Tomortow will be our hardest game of the season so far. We rarely do well at Palmerston and Harkins will be keen to prove a point, however, a draw will not be a bad result. 1-1 
A win is possible but we need good performances from the whole team to achieve this.
Hopefully Dobbie has an off day.

I don’t think it’s our hardest game of the season. That was Dunfermline last week.

It’ll be a hard game but one that we are more than capable of winning.

Queens look really good in those Falkirk highlights. Tough tough game tomorrow.

They look ok

Falkirk just look utter shite though. Number 15 being outpaced by a 35 year old Dobbie for the second goal is my favourite.

They look ok

Falkirk just look utter shite though. Number 15 being outpaced by a 35 year old Dobbie for the second goal is my favourite.
The Number 15 probably made the same mistake a lot of defenders do and thought he had the 'paceless' Dobbie. He's deceptively quick, particularly over short distances. Once Dobbie got ahead of him the defender couldn't do anything other than foul him and likely receive a red.

Naysmith said in his interview Dobbie was the quickest player in our squad over a certain distance (can remember what, but it was relatively short). If Adams was in a similar situation it would have been a similar outcome, it wouldn't exactly suggest he was a bad defender though.

Archived