Queens v Ayr

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Data protection is just something you've heard other people talking about, isnt it?

:lol:

No I work in the law and my firm is very data conscious, and my practice head is the 'designated data protection  officer' (and very proud), we've all been sent on far too many courses. If I thought I'd have to use it on P&B I'd have paid even more attention!

16 minutes ago, qos_75 said:

I have removed the person’s details and the teams involved, but this is what happened to someone who run onto the pitch. The press didn’t report him approaching any players or acting in an aggressive manner.  Just that he run onto the field when his side went behind in the game.

+1 for the education.

25 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Hopefully AUFC are proportionate, a lifetime ban is not proportionate.

Agreed. Nobody wants to see him getting off lightly.

Instead the court should pass on the stiffest punishment available and buy him a life time season ticket for Ayr United.  Harsh, I know, but they need to discourage others from such errant behaviour.

My final thoughts on "Invadergate".  The main problem I have in this instance is that he was running towards the players and referee.  You often see people coming  onto the pitch and just running about aimlessly or doing the aeroplane impression and not bothering the players but this one was heading for them until alcohol and gravity brought him down.  He ran onto the pitch with the intention of getting to the players or referee but luckily wasn't able to. It may be out of character and he may be a great bloke but it could have ended much differently if he had reached his target. Maybe some of the suggested punishments are a bit harsh but it shouldn't be brushed aside as just someone having a bit of a laugh. 

10 hours ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

:lol:

No I work in the law and my firm is very data conscious, and my practice head is the 'designated data protection  officer' (and very proud), we've all been sent on far too many courses. If I thought I'd have to use it on P&B I'd have paid even more attention!

Given what you posted, you really should have paid more attention

3 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

Because the perpetrator wasn’t between the ages of 16-30. 

As were none of the others making a c**t of themselves in our crowd on Saturday.

6 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

It's all they have for entertainment in Dumfries tbf.

It’s getting a bit silly now mate. Long gone are the days of “you’ve been a silly, naughty boy”. Skelp on the wrist and being told you aren’t going for a week. 

And no I don’t condone his act but from what I’ve heard the guy is a really nice bloke that a moment of madness. 

Archived