Queens v Ayr

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, steakpiegravy said:

Nah mate I was referring to this seasons shaky defence. Granted if we keep scoring like the last two games it won’t be an issue but there have been several games so far this season where we’ve lacked composure at the back. Pleased to hear that the back 4 looked better again on Saturday as I missed the rout due to illness.

We have the third best defensive record in the league this season...... 

you will be telling us we don’t score enough next !!

As I said in an earlier post,  if Queens are fined they should deduct the money from police and G4S payments. The Stewards were slow to respond and the players and ref weren't to know if he posed a real threat. If no action is taken against this idiot it beggars the question why a statement on unacceptable behaviour and the subsequent consequences is read out over the tannoy before every game.  Even if no legal action is taken against this idiot,  Ayr United should ban him from home games or they are condoning his behaviour. 

As I said in an earlier post,  if Queens are fined they should deduct the money from police and G4S payments. The Stewards were slow to respond and the players and ref weren't to know if he posed a real threat. If no action is taken against this idiot it beggars the question why a statement on unacceptable behaviour and the subsequent consequences is read out over the tannoy before every game.  Even if no legal action is taken against this idiot,  Ayr United should ban him from home games or they are condoning his behaviour. 

Ach wheesht.

A solid fine and a warning (to make sure this isn't a regular occurrence) is all that's needed. He wasn't going to incite anything. He's just a drunk guy falling over on the field.

41 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

It's in hand. The idea that he got a warning and no further consequences is nonsense. Both clubs are well aware of exactly who he is and will deal with it appropriately.

59 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Ach wheesht.

A solid fine and a warning (to make sure this isn't a regular occurrence) is all that's needed. He wasn't going to incite anything. He's just a drunk guy falling over on the field.

^ This

The guy got on the field of play, he didn't interact with the players or ref. I'm struggling to see how that means a ban or police custody.

We have bigger issues in our country than a fat, bald, middle aged drunk running onto a football pitch and face planting.

36 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

It's in hand. The idea that he got a warning and no further consequences is nonsense. Both clubs are well aware of exactly who he is and will deal with it appropriately.

I'd be disappointed if Ayr banned him tbh.

It would be a different story if he actually did anything... but he didn't. 

Ah right. So running onto the field of play is fair game from now on just so long as no one is hurt?

Ridiculous.

Ah right. So running onto the field of play is fair game from now on just so long as no one is hurt?

Ridiculous.
No. It's not.

You should get a solid fine and an official warning.

Are you suggesting that intent should not come into this? That he should be treated like a possible suicide bomber?

5 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Ridiculous.

No, read what Pandarilla said and I agreed with. A fine and a stern warning is appropriate.

However, hoping the police are involved and the judicial system is just ludicrous!

No. It's not.

You should get a solid fine and an official warning.

Are you suggesting that intent should not come into this? That he should be treated like a possible suicide bomber?
No, read what Pandarilla said and I agreed with. A fine and a stern warning is appropriate.
However, hoping the police are involved and the judicial system is just ludicrous!
I'm not suggesting he should be locked up but I wouldn't want him at Palmerston again, that's for sure.

It's not like it was a daft teenager, it was a fully grown man who should have known better. And out if interest, had he not spectacularly fell on his arse, what do you think his intentions were?

5 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

He's not the one having to incur any future costs to policing and stewarding because some daftie got pished.  Clubs in Scotland are getting a raw deal from the police already without idiots like him staggering onto the pitch.

11 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'm not suggesting he should be locked up but I wouldn't want him at Palmerston again, that's for sure.

It's not like it was a daft teenager, it was a fully grown man who should have known better. And out if interest, had he not spectacularly fell on his arse, what do you think his intentions were?

QoS can ban him, I have no issue with that. Thats your club's call.

I would be surprised if Ayr ban him. He's been going to games for 40 or 50 years and he's made an arse of himself once. It seems a massive overreaction to ban him.

You Queens fans remind me of Helen Lovejoy with the overreactions...

He's not the one having to incur any future costs to policing and stewarding because some daftie got pished.  Clubs in Scotland are getting a raw deal from the police already without idiots like him staggering onto the pitch.

I think his fine should absolutely go towards the funding of policing at Palmerston. I don't think that's how it works but it should.

I also think the raw deal from the police is a separate issue, and one that needs to be looked at.

Skyline why on earth are you updating the public on this guy's treatment by the various authorities. Can you think of anyone - the guy, the police, the clubs - who would want you to do that. It's unethical, arguably unlawful, and potentially counterproductive (depending on what the police are doing).

It also just feels unfair to the guy  and unprofessional (which is why I care).

1 minute ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

Skyline why on earth are you updating the public on this guy's treatment by the various authorities. Can you think of anyone - the guy, the police, the clubs - who would want you to do that. It's unethical, arguably unlawful, and potentially counterproductive (depending on what the police are doing).

All he's said is the authorities are dealing with it, he hasn't named him or anything, or even said what 'dealing with it' entails.

Settle.

11 minutes ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

Dont see anything wrong with SDs post.He didn,t give anything away.

31 minutes ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

Jesus wept. :huh:

Skyline works for the club and has stimulated a public discussion of what should happen in this individual's particular case. Not a general discussion of that sort of behaviour but a discussion of this guy specifically. That's honestly what I don't really like and I accept the fact it's maybe the sort of thing that bothers me more than it bothers most.

However, Skyline actually did confirm that police action is being taken, on page 25. Those comments could affect police charging, and or breach data protection or the club's duty of care. E.g. if the guy's employer was made aware.

Basically it feels different to generic comments about a group of pitch invaders (eg after a goal) who haven't been specifically identified, or comments by people who aren't officials of the club. And prior to now SD hadn't acknowledged my earlier comment. I'm happy to drop it, I've said my piece.

Archived