Queens v Ayr

Well played Queens.

You blew us off the park. Dobbie was clinical (is that 18 goals now? Phenomenal) and Dykes looks a great player. 

No pass marks for Ayr, Kerr & Harvie really dissapointend me with their heads gone moments.

Officials were dreadful but it didn't affect the outcome.

The bubble was always going to burst but it exploded today. Feet firmly back on the ground and ready to go again against Falkirk.

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Squaring up to the QoS players, niggly fouls and smacking the ball off the back of one of their players when taking a free kick early. He didn't lose the head but he wasn't far off it.

Sounds trivial but that's why McCall punted him at half time. That and he was total rancid. A man of his experience should know better.

To quote weewul

If you went to Palmerston every home game you would not have the opinion that dykes is an asset to the team

Do you still feel the same? 

I believe 2/3 teams tried to sign him on deadline day. Maybe we should of let him go, as he’s not an asset to the team. 

#youknowurstuff

On 26/08/2018 at 00:02, D'Jaffo said:

After my recent bashing of Dobbie I'm now expecting him to run riot and score 10 goals prompting Skyline Drifter and other QOTS fans to laugh at my expense. 

However Shankland will score 11 and we'll still win. 

On 26/08/2018 at 00:06, Skyline Drifter said:

Thats the plan certainly, yes. :P

On 26/08/2018 at 00:07, D'Jaffo said:

If we lose I'll await your jibes with great anticipation. It's a big IF though.

On 26/08/2018 at 21:00, D'Jaffo said:

We probably have the stronger team on paper so no offence to QOTS but if we want to have a good season and finish in a high position then this is the type of game we should be winning.

:whistle

Hopefully get a decent crowd for this game Ayr will bring a good support .
Going to be very hard Ayr are flying just now don't concede goals and score a lot of goals. 
Have Shankland up top who  just can't stop scoring just now .
We will have to play the same team as against Falkirk as we don't have anyone else unless Queens find some money to let Naysmith add to the squad .
Think Ayr will probably just have to much for us away win for me 

:)

That first half was as good as it gets at this level - players really up for that all over the pitch. When your team is packed with ball players and you add in energy and determination that is a winning combo.

For what it's worth I think Ayr are a decent side and to their credit they never gave up yesterday. Defensively they looked poor but LB Harvie (despite seeing red) looks a very good player.

Having Todd, Stirling, Harkins backed up by Jacobs in midfield has transformed our creativity. I am still struggling to understand how Stirling was seen as surplus to requirements last season but now that he is getting a run .......what an asset.

Dykes up top on shoulder of last defender partnering Dobbie - the perfect foil.

Folk will talk about Dobbie in this game giving the four goals. But the rest of the team were excellent as well. The front 4 were absolutely superb, Lyndon leads the line like a proper striker now, his hold up play, his dragging centre half’s about is unreal, he’s absolutely flying , all yesterday needed for him was a goal which he deserved. Stirling just continues his form, I am one that doubted him but he’s turned it round since st Johnstone game and he’s a joy to watch. Harkins well I think the man is bloody brilliant, effortless at times and we seemed to have stumbled across a position that suits him and the team... what a goal.

The midfield two help that front four by doing the dirty stuff well, for me I think Josh Todd has found his position. He’s excellent in there or certainly has been the last two games, although he gives us the base for the front four to play he also joins in occasionally to make it a five, leaving Jacobs to sit and do his thing which again he is good at.

Thought the defence stuck to there task, the second half we probably sat a bit too deep, but we just tried to pick Ayr off on the counter attack. Mercer and Marshall again solid enough, but I thought Mikey Doyle and Semple were unreal, even when they missed things they were back in to cover. Again we’ve ended up playing Doyle centre half cause of injuries and I think he’s found his position. Big semple just gets better each game, really like him.

Want to get over excited but I know as a queens fan, there’s a kick up the arse coming soon. But the last two weeks have been outstanding.

Mon the south

Did not see that result coming even after our shafting of Falkirk last week. Didn't make it down to this game as I was ill but the first half updates fair cheered me up. Worry is that we get our hopes up too much with these last couple of results and forget our shaky defence and tiny squad and the risks that poses to a sustained run. Mind you also nice to see us back in the transfer market again so that's us pretty much sorted for the playoffs now....

Archived