Queens v Ayr

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

No it didn't,  you were just beaten convincingly by the better team.  I was looking forward to seeing what this Shankland  was like.  Still waiting.  Even in games when Dobbie doesn't manage to score at least he produces one or two bits of magic,  Shankland did zero.  Mark Kerr model pro?  Model twat. Lucky we took the foot off the gas a bit in the second half.  

Kerr was a liability, so easy play around the whole first half. Even without the petulant booking no wonder he was subbed.

Great performance, Ayr were poor and I'm going to have to think about how I psychologicaly prepare for the day Dobbie retires.

23 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Well at least it didn't go above 5. Clearly we were poor (ref wasn't doing us any favours either) but queen's were very good and thoroughly deserved their win. 

Dobbie is clearly  a wonderful player and we weren't able to cope at all in the first half. 

I enjoyed reading through the complaints from our fans on social media that blamed the kit we were wearing for the result.

Hopefully Falkirk are are still a shambles when we play them and we can get back to winning ways.

Laugh-GIF-Image-1.gif

19 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Fortunately I wasn't at the game today. 

Was it really as bad as the score? 

You lost 5 goals, Dobbie scored more than you had shots on target, missed a penalty and could have scored two more. Kerr got taken off at half time before he got sent off and your full back throws the ball at Stirling lying on the ground when on a yellow card.

Naw, m9, its was grand

Now, this is unfamiliar territory for a supporter of Ayrshire's Premier Football Club, but I'd like to pass on a couple of messages.

To Queens and their fans - Thanks for putting the cherry on the icing of an already satisfactory Saturday.

To TSFDTR and their supporters: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Guessing Div has just recovered from St Mirrens latest pumping now P&B is back up?

He’s not the only person that was in shock this afternoon.

Have to say I didn’t expect that today but I can have no complaints. Better team won but I’ve still got stuff to moan about.

QoTS were very well set up and have a game plan that gets the best out of 4 players up top whilst the guys behind them are very solid and allow them to do their work.

I thought Dobbie was ruthless with his chances and should’ve had more but I feel Dykes was the main problem today. Caused our defence no shortage of problems. Laying off balls to Dobbie or dragging defenders out of position allowing Dobbie space to run into. Very good performance from him.

Harkins was good. Wouldn’t say he’s any better individually from when we had him but he clearly benefits from having better players around him than we had 2 years ago. Goal was outstanding tho and fair play to him for his celebration.

In terms of our performance we were very poor but this stemmed from the midfield imo. From the get go Kerr didn’t have control of the game like he normally does. Really don’t want to blame the pitch for our performance but I think Kerr struggled on it today. Having to take extra touches of the ball to control doesn’t help him when he’s used to moving it on straightaway.

Someone said earlier about blaming it on Geggan. Don’t think he takes anymore of the blame for today than any other player should. Obviously I was hoping Smith would start at RB but he was benched. Now it means Smith will have to play LB vs Falkirk due to Harvies red card. I never saw the second booking but someone said he threw the ball at the ref? If so then that’s just sheer stupidity and no doubt McCall will have words with him for that.

Folk saying the ref was poor. Yeah he was but he wasn’t the reason we lost. I thought the first penalty was soft but then again I thought Rose was lucky not to see red for the second penalty. Also thought we could’ve had one or two penalties our way. Pretty sure Forrest had a shot blocked on the line by an arm and Stirling blatantly grabbed onto Forrest’s (I think) shirt stopping him from getting to a header.

All in all a pretty shit day but I’m not angry at all. The closeness of the league atm means we’re 6th but only 2 points off the top. It’s a good wake up call that’s for sure.

Now, this is unfamiliar territory for a supporter of Ayrshire's Premier Football Club, but I'd like to pass on a couple of messages.
To Queens and their fans - Thanks for putting the cherry on the icing of an already satisfactory Saturday.
To TSFDTR and their supporters: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Obsessed

I don't think I could give a proper opinion on the Ayr performance without it detracting from the Queens display, I thought every Queen player won their battle today, if I marked our 14 out of 10 I couldn't get it to total 40.

If I had put a fish supper on that park today, I don't think anyone in an Ayr jersey would have tackled it.

Just now, rb123! said:

Embarrising stuff, i know QOTS have good players with the likes of Dobbie, Harkins and the Lykes but they shouldn't be turning us over like that, can't excuse for another performance like that again this season.

There's not a team in the top 3 divisions that wouldn't have turned us over today.

On 31/08/2018 at 23:16, D'Jaffo said:

I don’t think it’s our hardest game of the season. That was Dunfermline last week.

It’ll be a hard game but one that we are more than capable of winning.

On 31/08/2018 at 23:38, D'Jaffo said:

They look ok

Falkirk just look utter shite though. Number 15 being outpaced by a 35 year old Dobbie for the second goal is my favourite.

15 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Tbf to Dobbie the first goal isn’t too shabby either. Even if he isn’t closed down and the goalie is way off his line.

I expect McCall will have Michael Rose against Dobbie today instead of Adams. Adams can deal with the tall chap with the bleached blonde hair.

That all went to plan then. :P

Archived