Queens v Ayr

10 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Partly this, a terrible attitude didn't help. 

Sitting in the dugout at half time against St Mirren when you're one of the coaches certainly didn't endear him to anyone of an Ayr persuasion, even if he plays like Messi next week I'll be happy that he'l never get a wage packet from Ayr ever again.

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, D'Jaffo said:

He has his own song of course but Somerset Boab is long gone from Somerset.

Does he actually go to games now?

Don't think so.

Be good to see Chris Higgins back, albeit I doubt he’ll play. Skipper of QoS in one of our most successful, prominent periods. I think he’s a bit of an unsung hero at Queens. Wish I could say the same for Mark Kerr - shame he’s a c*nt

Be good to see Chris Higgins back, albeit I doubt he’ll play. Skipper of QoS in one of our most successful, prominent periods. I think he’s a bit of an unsung hero at Queens. Wish I could say the same for Mark Kerr - shame he’s a c*nt
Higgins has his game back with reserves on Monday night.

Kerr was an excellent player for us.

I’ll be at the Electric Fields festival this weekend with my 2 sons who regularly attend Palmy with me. I also know of a good few regulars who are also going to EF and will miss the match.

It’s unfortunate that this fixture clashes with a local event which will probably knock 3 figures off the home crowd.

‘Mon the South [emoji170]

Obviously can’t comment on his time at Queens, but he is definitely the kind of player who can be overlooked at times.

Given how good he has been for us since he got up to speed, I am baffled Falkirk (given the state they were in) released someone who can put their foot on the ball and dictate from the middle of the park.

4 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Obviously can’t comment on his time at Queens, but he is definitely the kind of player who can be overlooked at times.

Given how good he has been for us since he got up to speed, I am baffled Falkirk (given the state they were in) released someone who can put their foot on the ball and dictate from the middle of the park.

Kerr was outstanding for us on the pitch but a problem off it. I dont think there's much doubt when things began to go wrong at Falkirk he would have been a disruptive influence in the dressing room. Not remotely suprised Hartley moved quickly to remove him.

Kerr was outstanding for us on the pitch but a problem off it. I dont think there's much doubt when things began to go wrong at Falkirk he would have been a disruptive influence in the dressing room. Not remotely suprised Hartley moved quickly to remove him.

Interesting - always thought he was the model professional type tbh.

I’m sure he’ll be looking forward to hopefully getting it right up Hartley in a few weeks though.

Without knowing the ins and outs of what exactly went on behind the scenes I think it was undoubtedly the right decision to move Kerr on.  Even if him forcing a move to one of our direct rivals made us look a bit daft/weak.  If we were an EPL team with money to burn I suppose we would have left him to rot in the reserves to prove a point.  In our circumstances though it was more important to just get rid of a bad egg, and free up a wage to try and replace him.

On the park though he was excellent and we hadn't really replaced him until we signed Harkins this summer.  We'd hoped we'd found a younger version in Mark Millar, but sadly he proved to be a significant downgrade.

It's a real joy to watch players that have played at a higher level do their thing in this division.  They make the game look so easy and despite their advancing years never look flustered as they gracefully stroll through games.  Midfielders who can put their foot on the ball and dictate things are probably my favourite type of player and we've been blessed with a few in recent years;  Stevie Tosh, Allan Johnston, Derek Young, Mark Kerr and now Gary Harkins.

As for Jamie Adams, what an absolute credit he is to himself that he has managed to get back to this level.  No doubt Ian McCall must take some of the credit as well as he seems to sign him everywhere he goes.  You can understand why though, fantastic player with a fantastic attitude.  His style of play reminds me a lot of Darren Fletcher, and while I doubt he would have quite reached those heights he could have been a top player if it wasn't for injuries.  I'd imagine him and Kerr compliment each other very well in the middle of the park.

As has already been mentioned Chris Higgins was a great captain for us during a successful time.  Not infallible, but very passionate and a great leader.  He probably had another year left in him at Queens when he left us, but perhaps a fresh start was better for both parties.

This is another game I'm going to miss which I'm really gutted about it has all the hallmarks of being a cracker.  Without going all "Northfield" I do think Ayr are slight favourites, but only because our home form is so ropey.  You'd imagine there will be goals in this one.

Good wins for us both on Saturday so I expect a close game with both teams full of confidence and two strikers scoring for fun.

It's hard to drop Geggan as he played really well, but I think Smith and Harvie are too good to not play.

Qots 2-3 Ayr (Dobbie x2 - Shankland x2, Adams).

LINEUP111535286753826.png

1 hour ago, Honest_Ally said:

Good wins for us both on Saturday so I expect a close game with both teams full of confidence and two strikers scoring for fun.

It's hard to drop Geggan as he played really well, but I think Smith and Harvie are too good to not play.

Qots 2-3 Ayr (Dobbie x2 - Shankland x2, Adams).

LINEUP111535286753826.png

What a fantastic line up. 

Great seeing it set out like that too :-) 

17 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

He has his own song of course but Somerset Boab is long gone from Somerset.

Does he actually go to games now?

Isn't he a Celtic fan?

He did a good job raising funds, focussing attention on us and created an atmosphere a wee while back, but I think he was a Celtic man at heart.

Hope I'm wrong. 

19 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

If we lose I'll await your jibes with great anticipation. It's a big IF though.

Lose? What's that? 

Off on holiday on Friday so missing this one which I'm pretty gutted about. With Dobbie and Shankland the best two strikers in the league IMO there should be lots of goals. Also expect a very decent away support, don't think reaching close to 1000 is unrealistic. How many would we need to bring for the terracing area behind the goal to be opened? 

McCall has several selection headaches to ponder. Does Jamie Adams play on the artificial surface? Does Daniel Harvie come back in, if so who for? Does McDaid get a start? Was very good when he came on yesterday I thought. I'll answer these later in the week. 

9 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
17 hours ago, QoS_Blue1919 said:

Kerr’s period at Queens will forever be somewhat tarnished by the way he left. We’ve struggled to replace Kerr, McKenna and McShane. But it will always be shadowed by how he left. 

Much similar to Dykes, a severely underrated player, who when he leaves will be sorely missed. Yet he’ll still be somewhat overshadowed by you know what.

Archived