Nipper Salmond

RadgerTheBadger

6 minutes ago, strichener said:

If you are going to use the case as a platform to crusade for changes in the law then you should be open about who you are and not relying on the persona provided to you for anonimity in a court of law. 

Obviously if he was found guilty of any of the charges then I would respect their right to anonimity and a right to comment on the case.  In the circumstances it appears to be another discrepency in the law that seeks to provide protection to accusers regardless of the merits of their accusations whilst ignoring the damage inflicted on the innocent.

Agreed.   

3 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I see Gordon Jackson has had an absolute Weston Super. Filmed talking on the Edinburgh-Glasgow train about Salmond being a bully and a sex pest, and also talking about two of the accusers.

What the hell was he playing at? Astonishing that he thought discussing the victims in this arena was appropriate. Dreadful stuff from a supposed "leading lawyer". 

His viewpoint on Salmond will attract most the attention, but I'm sure there are many lawyers who don't exactly have a glowing view of their clients or their behaviour. Usually they aren't however so stupid as to say these sorts of things in such a public setting. Sex pests and bullies nevertheless also remain entitled to a defence. 

12 minutes ago, Michael W said:

What the hell was he playing at? Astonishing that he thought discussing the victims in this arena was appropriate. Dreadful stuff from a supposed "leading lawyer". 

His viewpoint on Salmond will attract most the attention, but I'm sure there are many lawyers who don't exactly have a glowing view of their clients or their behaviour. Usually they aren't however so stupid as to say these sorts of things in such a public setting. Sex pests and bullies nevertheless also remain entitled to a defence. 

It's unbelievable.

Jackson is a complete arse.

Councils the length and breadth of Scotland are full of SNP councillors who have zero interest in Independence. Many jumped ship from Labour (in particular but not exclusively) for one reason only - to retain their Councilor title and hence their perceived status within their local communities.

Career advancement for some by the looks of it.

Much like c***s who had no interest in the Labour movement joined Scottish Labour in the past.
Easy money and a job for life?

1 hour ago, strichener said:

If you are going to use the case as a platform to crusade for changes in the law then you should be open about who you are and not relying on the persona provided to you for anonimity in a court of law. 

Obviously if he was found guilty of any of the charges then I would respect their right to anonimity and a right to comment on the case.  In the circumstances it appears to be another discrepency in the law that seeks to provide protection to accusers regardless of the merits of their accusations whilst ignoring the damage inflicted on the innocent.

It gets a bit awkward when it seems that just about everyone they work with and in the media and everyone else in the Holyrood bubble knows who they are, and Salmond's supporters seem able to say what they want about conspiracies et cetera without directly naming them. There's enough nutters about for them to be put at serious risk of harm if they were named to the wider public.

Edited by welshbairn

3 minutes ago, Detournement said:

It won't be long til Indyref2 then.....

Who knows - but it's clear all the media salivating about SLEAZY SALMOND and his upcoming fight to the death with Sturgeon don't matter a solitary f**k to ordinary people.

25 minutes ago, Detournement said:

It won't be long til Indyref2 then.....

You can certainly hope so: a chance to rail against the capitalist British union designed to line the pockets of the elite as much as you railed against the capitalist European union designed to line the pockets of the elite...

7 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I see Gordon Jackson has had an absolute Weston Super. Filmed talking on the Edinburgh-Glasgow train about Salmond being a bully and a sex pest, and also talking about two of the accusers.

Jackson's main problem here is that he named two of the women, and his statement on Salmond's bullying and nasty personality where it is clear he dislikes Salmond makes me wonder why he took the case on.

I don’t suppose the likes of Donald Findlay or Brian MacConnochie QC think their clients are a great bunch of lads either, but they get paid handsomely to defend them when appointed by defence solicitors in any given case. 

I did jury duty a couple of years ago and when I subsequently read about one of the defence QCs after the case finished, he said (to paraphrase) he was driven by desire to GIFRU Her Majesty’s Advocate at every opportunity and publicly stated as a defence QC he would never lead a case for the Crown under any circumstances. It’s all a bit of an intellectual game between the advocates as far as could see.

41 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Jackson's main problem here is that he named two of the women, and his statement on Salmond's bullying and nasty personality where it is clear he dislikes Salmond makes me wonder why he took the case on.

For naming the women, it may not be significant if the person he was engaged with was directly involved in a professional capacity.

As for Salmond's management style, it's hardly a secret that he is a hard task master and I recall Andrew Tickell saying so. More than that, Alex Salmond himself said that his style was abrasive. Are we to discredit generations of football managers?

The issuing of a common statement seems to me to be a misstep and feeds a narrative of coordination.

also poor Dele, I really don't think he's recovered from his ill judged comments on the Keatings episode.

39 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

The man has been found innocent and the media are still harassing him. Looks like the media learned nothing from the Caroline Flack debacle.

Indeed.

Pennie Taylor and David Leask were at it this morning on BBC Radio Scotland.

The trial is over but there are vested interests playing out.

The issuing of a common statement seems to me to be a misstep and feeds a narrative of coordination.

also poor Dele, I really don't think he's recovered from his ill judged comments on the Keatings episode.

54 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

The man has been found innocent and the media are still harassing him. Looks like the media learned nothing from the Caroline Flack debacle.

He has suffered trial through the court...and been found innocent.

He now will endure trial through the media.....except this is a trial where there is only ever one verdict.

...... at the hands of accusers who take their case to the papers, but still remain anonymous.......

If we are to accept the rule of law in this country, that is just not on.

2 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

He isn't supposed to refuse if he's instructed to act on Salmond's behalf. He also cannot let his feelings on Salmond get in the way of doing his job.

He managed to act perfectly professionally on those counts but there he was talking about the case in a public place.