Nipper Salmond

RadgerTheBadger

5 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

In all seriousness I was not all surprised by the verdicts - as I said previously (having read the evidence) I thought that he might be found innocent in court but still come across as a pervy old b*****d.

That's a good expression of what most of us are thinking.

Does this make Salmond (and you have to admire his political prowess) unacceptable politically?  

That's a good expression of what most of us are thinking.
Does this make Salmond (and you have to admire his political prowess) unacceptable politically?  
I think it probably does. Maybe trump and Boris can get away with this shit but i don't think salmond will.

I don't even think he'll try. He's cleared his name, will rejoin the snp and be an elder statesman with whatever media duties he fancies on the side.

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:

I think it probably does. Maybe trump and Boris can get away with this shit but i don't think salmond will.

I don't even think he'll try. He's cleared his name, will rejoin the snp and be an elder statesman with whatever media duties he fancies on the side.

Not the phrase of choice from you.  Am I allowed to laugh?

20 minutes ago, edinabear said:

Pretty grim that 9 women are not believed when it comes to sexual assault. Does not reflect well on the Scottish justice system 

Would you be saying the same if the 10+ defence witnesses had not been believed?

The quantity of witnesses for each side has no bearing on the result. The jury decides on the quality of evidence placed before them. 

In the opnion of the jury, with regard to each & every one of the 13 charges, the prosecution failed to meet the standard of proof required to sustain a prosecution. The 14th charge was so unsustaiable that the prosectution chose to withdraw it rather than present their evidence!

2 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

There was clearly a foul and he may be a bit lucky not to get a card but that was never a red

In other news, still no sport and I’m struggling

Yeah - but 14 fouls and he's gone unpunished. Does that make him the Scott Brown of politics?

6 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Whilst Alex Salmond restates his faith and confidence in the Scottish judicial process, well he would would wouldn’t he, having walked free from a such a lengthy rap sheet? It’s telling to note, that he neither claimed that the decision exonerated him or vindicated his innocence. The relief of a man wrongly accused would usually be palpable in such a serious case. Instead Salmond quietly knows how fortunate he is to be able to skulk away from the allegations of the prosecution, I’m guessing most neutral observers will feel exactly the same.

because he thought it was obvious?

Well well well

I’ve been reading some of the left fascist scum hypocrisy over the last few hours and I must say it’s laughable. The same imbeciles who were up in arms about the alleged Donald Trump allegations are defending and sweeping under the carpet the Alex Salmond allegations

It seems that as long as you don’t grab her by the pussy then sexual harassment is fair game if you have a certain political agenda

You must be feeling a bit of a p***k for writing this without any evidence?

If it’s any consolation it’s because that’s exactly what you are.......[emoji16]

Whilst Alex Salmond restates his faith and confidence in the Scottish judicial process, well he would would wouldn’t he, having walked free from a such a lengthy rap sheet? It’s telling to note, that he neither claimed that the decision exonerated him or vindicated his innocence. The relief of a man wrongly accused would usually be palpable in such a serious case. Instead Salmond quietly knows how fortunate he is to be able to skulk away from the allegations of the prosecution, I’m guessing most neutral observers will feel exactly the same.
I'm not sure about this.

I get the impression he always had faith that he would be found not guilty.

He'll have his say, but he's savvy enough to know that now is not the time for big speeches full of triumph. He thanked those he had to, and returned to a statesman-like posture.

You're reading too much into it.

I never got the impression that Eck was particularly popular with female voters. Don't think this will have done him any favours in this regard. He's been found not guilty of criminal activity, but guilty of being a creepy auld c**t. Mud sticks.

I can't see him returning to frontline politics now tbh.

1 hour ago, Clockwork said:

What a load of pish.

The man was found innocent for goodness sake.

Actual neutral observers after dissecting the ridiculous crown case will no doubt wonder how this nonsense ever got to court.

There seems to be a live in-play Mandela Effect going on with Salmond, that these accusations robbed him of his place at the top of Scottish politics. He'd lost his seat more than a year before any accusations were made public and was grubbing about on a crackpot TV channel. 

I have a lot of time for what he achieved over his career but he was very much yesterday's man before any of this began. His triumphant and vengeful return exists only in the imagination of marginalised SNP has-beens, cranks like Stuart Campbell and of course unionists who would like to see him challenge the far more popular and effective current FM.

Fair play to Kincardine, absolutely bang on in this thread. Salmond's behaviour detailed in court, whilst not criminal, was reprehensible.

One of the sadder things about political discourse at the moment seems to be the wholesale backing/slating of someone dependent on your political stance. Been nice to read the vast majority of measured posts here whilst only a couple of zoomers on either side go over the top.

Imagine being desperate for someone to have committed a crime just cos of their political leanings.