Nipper Salmond

RadgerTheBadger

6 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Shots already fired. Kenny McAskill demanding resignations and Joanna Cherry demanding a root and branch review of how the SNP handled this. 

After a majority verdict on all, including one Not Proven. OK then. 

#TeamNic

That will go nowhere. McAskill and Cherry are complete weirdos who aren't exactly squeaky clean themselves.

Sturgeon will put up the shutters with "the crown prosecution service is politically independent of the scottish govt."

No doubt Salmon will be wanting his accuser to resign but I don't think there will be any mood for that.

5 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

They had no evidence to convict him on. Not even a shred. They would have taken anything they could get to convict him and still couldn't.

How do you know, were you sitting in court? People from both sides will be saying they know for sure what went down in court and Bute House, they don't.

Edited by welshbairn

6 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Lack of corrobarating evidence on all charges. When it came down to it is was his word vs an accuser.

I do think the procurator fiscal messed up by bringing frivilous charges like touching one woman's bottom once on a stair case. Classic bullying technique from the PF to add in a bunch of bullshit in the hope the accused gets scared by a huge list of charges. But when you get to court and actually have to prove every single one beyond a reasonable doubt it looks like nit picking.

Salmond should have said that's what he was doing when he was stroking their hair.

It looked like a set up from the start. Craig Murray gets abuse on here but his reporting was clearly more accurate than the MSM. 

Sturgeon and her civil servants now have questions to answer about the Court of Session verdict from Jan 2019. They can't hide behind an open criminal case now.

1 minute ago, Jacksgranda said:

Salmond should have said that's what he was doing when he was stroking their hair.

Imagine being arrested and charged for touching a women's hair...

Now there will be arsehole cybernats wanting the women locked up for lying about King Alex.

Already got misogynists like Baw Watchin on here showing his arse.

Lack of corrobarating evidence on all charges. When it came down to it is was his word vs an accuser.
I do think the procurator fiscal messed up by bringing frivilous charges like touching one woman's bottom once on a stair case. Classic bullying technique from the PF to add in a bunch of bullshit in the hope the accused gets scared by a huge list of charges. But when you get to court and actually have to prove every single one beyond a reasonable doubt it looks like nit picking.
This.

I think the more trivial accusations (and I am not condoning that behaviour) might have taken the focus away from more serious charges.

As I said previously, I was struggling to see anything more than Salmond was a sleazy old b*****d than actual criminal intent. I suppose many in the jury would feel the same given the way the evidence was presented.

You see, despite this being the direct opposite of what I've been slavering on about for a year and a half, it's actually Salmond being acquitted that is really going down to bring down the SNP - every Unionist fruitcake that's appeared so far.

Honestly, just give up.

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

This.

I think the more trivial accusations (and I am not condoning that behaviour) might have taken the focus away from more serious charges.

As I said previously, I was struggling to see anything more than Salmond was a sleazy old b*****d than actual criminal intent. I suppose many in the jury would feel the same given the way the evidence was presented.

Probably correct with that assumption.

3 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

As I said previously, I was struggling to see anything more than Salmond was a sleazy old b*****d than actual criminal intent. I

Which the evidence proved. Even his evidence bizarrely was 'aye, ahm a handsy old perv, but that's just me likes'

Quite how that translates to 'an innocent man hath been besmirched' in some people's eyes im not quite sure.

1 minute ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Which the evidence proved. Even his evidence bizarrely was 'aye, ahm a handsy old perv, but that's just me likes'

Quite how that translates to 'an innocent man hath been besmirched' in some people's eyes im not quite sure.

Exchanging contact with the opposite sex at work when they themselves are complicit in that behaviour can hardly be deemed pervy.

So much hate for an innocent man.