Nipper Salmond

RadgerTheBadger

2 minutes ago, Lee Van Tee said:

Good to see somebody else just wants the truth to come out rather assuming Salmond is innocent/guilty purely down to their own political allegiances.

It'll never really catch on though, will it?

I think it will.  Whilst I'm sympathetic to the SNP, if it is proven in court that Alex Salmond is guilt of some or all of these charges than he deserves to be found guilty and sentenced accordingly.  And I imagine most folk may take that view.

But it cuts both ways.  If the above happens then Alex Salmond's behaviour no more reflects on the SNP in general than that of Ross Thomson with the Tories or Jim Torbett with Celtic FC.  Why though do I doubt that the right-wing media and Nat-haters would share this view ?

Most obvious stitch up job in history and very sad.  This is what happens if you threaten the British establishment.  They will protect paedophiles on their side but woe betide anyone who.threatens them.
Craig Murray yes the sqme.one published an article months ago with quotes.from two women stating they were visited by the police and encouraged to make allegations.  One of them talked about.He patted her arm at a reception something and the police repeatedly and aggressively tried to get her to.characterise it as sexual assault when she said it.was.nothing of the sort.
Its as.obvious a stitch up as.Julian assange and for.the exact same reasons.

[emoji23][emoji23]

Equally, fully expect the "Yes Da's" to insist he's innocent regardless of what evidence comes out during the trial. The extremes of both sides will be as horrendous as the other.
I'm an SNP member and a huge proponent of Scottish Independence, but this trial has absolutely zero to do with either and is merely about whether a man has acted indecently and committed awful crimes or not. I'll be reserving all judgements until details emerge. If he's guilty of the more serious accusations, then the book should be thrown at him.

Excellent post.

WATTOO and Kuro already frothing at the mouth and playing the Nat victim card as expected - if they have evidence that this is a stitch up and he didn’t assault all these women, they should probably contact the police.

8 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

Equally, fully expect the "Yes Da's" to insist he's innocent regardless of what evidence comes out during the trial. The extremes of both sides will be as horrendous as the other.

I'm an SNP member and a huge proponent of Scottish Independence, but this trial has absolutely zero to do with either and is merely about whether a man has acted indecently and committed awful crimes or not. I'll be reserving all judgements until details emerge. If he's guilty of the more serious accusations, then the book should be thrown at him.

Yeah totally man, trumped uo.charges against the most.high profile proponent of.Scottish independence in history brought about by a.civil servant appointed.by.the.UK government, at.this particular time,.has.nothing to do with independence.  Astonishingly naive.  Sometimes people become.incredibly gullible by pretending they're very enlightened.  This is a good example.  If you don't at least smell a.huge.whiff.of.suspicion you're as.naive.as.its possible to be.

2 minutes ago, Mastermind said:

Excellent post.

WATTOO and Kuro already frothing at the mouth and playing the Nat victim card as expected - if they have evidence that this is a stitch up and he didn’t assault all these women, they should probably contact the police.

If.you.have evidence that he did.maybe you should.

Most obvious stitch up job in history and very sad.  This is what happens if you threaten the British establishment.  They will protect paedophiles on their side but woe betide anyone who.threatens them.
Craig Murray yes the sqme.one published an article months ago with quotes.from two women stating they were visited by the police and encouraged to make allegations.  One of them talked about.He patted her arm at a reception something and the police repeatedly and aggressively tried to get her to.characterise it as sexual assault when she said it.was.nothing of the sort.
Its as.obvious a stitch up as.Julian assange and for.the exact same reasons.

Out of interest, why would ‘the Establishment’ be stitching up a has-been that got emptied by the Tories yonks ago? Would they not be better focusing their efforts on actual MSP’s or Scottish MP’s?

Just now, Mastermind said:

Out of interest, why would ‘the Establishment’ be stitching up a has-been that got emptied by the Tories yonks ago? Would they not be better focusing their efforts on actual MSP’s or Scottish MP’s?

They'll be targeting them.too every day.  More will come if they can manufacture anything.  They'd love to.get sturgeon.  I'm going to assume you're not serious about your.first.question.

13 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

100% correct. I'm an SNP member, and massive Yes supporter. At the same time I don't say any reason to disbelieve what these women have said. In fact, he strikes me as exactly the type of person who would think his power and persona would see him immune to anyone pressing charges or making complaints about his behaviour. He's also always been a bit sleazy. I wouldn't be surprised if he's guilty of some of this stuff. And as you said, if he is, he should be punished accordingly.

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

The women have made statements he did, that is the evidence to date and that will be tested in court. If there are other witnesses on either side they will be called I expect.

Every woman he has.ever been in  contact with virtually has.been visited.and encouraged to make allegations, twist words and misrepresent situations.  How do.You know this isn't just the.ten or so that agreed to do.so?  

Edited by Kuro

1 minute ago, Kuro said:

Every woman he has.ever.'ve n.in contact with virtually has.been visited.and encouraged to make allegations, twist words and misrepresent situations.  How do.You know this isn't just the.ten or so that agreed to do.so?  

It's always difficult to comprehend the nonsense you post on here, but it's even more difficult to read when you're littering every post with full stops all over the shop. Sort it out for f**k's sake.

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

100% correct. I'm an SNP member, and massive Yes supporter. At the same time I don't say any reason to disbelieve what these women have said. In fact, he strikes me as exactly the type of person who would think his power and persona would see him immune to anyone pressing charges or making complaints about his behaviour. He's also always been a bit sleazy. I wouldn't be surprised if he's guilty of some of this stuff. And as you said, if he is, he should be punished accordingly.

So he just seems a.bit rapey?  That's your argument?  You don't seen too big.on the presumption of.innocence which is kind of a pillar of our democracy.

If.you.have evidence that he did.maybe you should.

I don’t, but I’m not desperately wailing that he’s either guilty or innocent - that’s for the court to decide.

You seem absolutely convinced he’s innocent, so you must have some information we don’t?

Just now, Rugster said:

It's always difficult to comprehend the nonsense you post on here, but it's even more difficult to read when you're littering every post with full stops all over the shop. Sort it out for f**k's sake.

Sorry you just condemned a.man for seeking a bit rapey probably best you don't describe.other people's posts as nonsense.

1 minute ago, Kuro said:

Every woman he has.ever been in  contact with virtually has.been visited.and encouraged to make allegations, twist words and misrepresent situations.  How do.You know this isn't just the.ten or so that agreed to do.so?  

I don't, but your expecting us to believe that the police and fiscal are acting on "establishment" instruction  to collude with multiple witnesses to make a case that has then to be tried in public before a jury, who might not convict.

1 minute ago, Kuro said:

So he just seems a.bit rapey?  That's your argument?  You don't seen too big.on the presumption of.innocence which is kind of a pillar of our democracy.

Where did I say he seemed a bit rapey? Where did I presume his guilt? 

Just now, Mastermind said:

I don’t, but I’m not desperately wailing that he’s either guilty or innocent - that’s for the court to decide.

You seem absolutely convinced he’s innocent, so you must have some information we don’t?

I do, as.I've read about it and you.haven't, so.absolutely I do.have information you.don't.  But.his.lawyers will have it.

Just now, Sergeant Wilson said:

I don't, but your expecting us to believe that the police and fiscal are acting on "establishment" instruction  to collude with multiple witnesses to make a case that has then to be tried in public before a jury, who might not convict.

Yes, that's correct.  Do you think things like that don't go on?