RadgerTheBadger

Nipper Salmond

If I was Salmond I'd be embarrassed by it still being there tbh. Was it ever meant to be a permanent exhibit? 

_112391701_f5c0be3b-a827-4644-87d6-08851

Indeed, that's why I named 3 EU locations. as counterpoint to the 3 rUK locations
So, firstly, what percentage of students at Heriot Watt come from rUK & non-EU locations, and why are their views to be given greater weight than the Scottish & EU educated kids?
Secondly, can you provide some proof to back up your assetion about these students being annoyed when they pass it? Is it the equivalent of the Duke of Sutherland's monument to citizens of Paraguay?

The tweet I linked a few days ago said fee paying students objected.

I don't know why you keep talking about them being a minority like it matters. They found it objectionable, university agreed and removed it.

4 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

The tweet I linked a few days ago said fee paying students objected.

How many of them objected? I don't subscribe to the Times, so I can't get past the paywall.

How many of them objected? I don't subscribe to the Times, so I can't get past the paywall.

If you want past it pm me.

Who cares how many? One is enough.

1 minute ago, MixuFixit said:

Who cares how many? One is enough.

I can't help thinking that the rUK student's objections are more to do with who Salmond is, rather than what he said. Remember, the original story dates from when he was falsely accused of the various offences discussed at length on this thread.

Personally, I couldn't care less about inscriptions on old monuments. If I was a student from rUK, I would be trying to get fees abolished - no matter which UK University I went to. 

AFAIK, it still costs the same (for a rUK student) to attend 3 years at Heriot Watt as it does to attend a similar course at most other rUK universities

5 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Live stream here at 2 pm.

https://www.scottishparliament.tv/

I persisted with this wholly procedural event until they went into private session and given entering a private session with Alec Coke-Hamilton participating is not something that I could ever see me being interested in, I was glad to be excluded.

6 minutes ago, sophia said:

I persisted with this wholly procedural event until they went into private session and given entering a private session with Alec Coke-Hamilton participating is not something that I could ever see me being interested in, I was glad to be excluded.

Yeah, forgot all about it till it was already cameras off. I hope they don't do that for all the juicy stuff.

They're planning to work one day a week from August. Report expected 2135, ish.

Craig Murray's contempt case starts on Wednesday. You can listen to it by phone if you're keen, found out by applying to listen in on the Hearts case.

Scroll down to the bottom.

https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/coming-to-court/public-access-to-a-virtual-hearing

Hearing lasted less than 5 minutes, full case to be heard in October. Murray got a bit of a warning about posting stuff about the case on his blog yesterday that could identify witnesses, so double contempt, the Salmond case and his own. Going all out for martyrdom by the looks of it.