Nipper Salmond

RadgerTheBadger

1 hour ago, Day of the Lords said:

I genuinely can't imagine why that would come into your head on a thread about alleged sex offences. Absolutely no idea why ANYONE would think the fat TA w****r would be a nonc...out of the public eye for a while emoji23.png

I dont know why, he just forced himself into my thoughts when I was on this thread and I was like i wonder what’s happened to Mark Francois. Absolutely no reason why. I wonder if hes not been seen because hes seeing a therapist?

4 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Westminster being a prime example.

4 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Has anyone see Mark Francois MP in a while? Dont know why that’s popped into my head. 

Depressing auto deflection typical of the PnB fanboys. “Look! Look! Over there is much worse!” 

This thread is about Salmond and, latterly, very little comment about the SNP executive and their alleged attempts to fit him up. Which you’d have thought might have drawn more comment than it has  

Guaranteed that if it was anyone wearing a blue/red/pick your colour rosette this’d be full of outrage. The lack of self awareness or critical questioning of our dear leader is not good. 

37 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Depressing auto deflection typical of the PnB fanboys. “Look! Look! Over there is much worse!” 

This thread is about Salmond and, latterly, very little comment about the SNP executive and their alleged attempts to fit him up. Which you’d have thought might have drawn more comment than it has  

Guaranteed that if it was anyone wearing a blue/red/pick your colour rosette this’d be full of outrage. The lack of self awareness or critical questioning of our dear leader is not good. 

Hi Pete, yes im that much of a fan boy ive been very critical of the SNP and left the party 5 years ago. I think however it is perfectly reasonable to look at the behaviour of elected members from all levels and locations of government. Would you prefer I started a thread for every single one or would you be ok if we just continued talking about allegations of misconduct from politicians on a thread about allegations of misconduct by politicians? 

2 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Hi Pete, yes im that much of a fan boy ive been very critical of the SNP and left the party 5 years ago. I think however it is perfectly reasonable to look at the behaviour of elected members from all levels and locations of government. Would you prefer I started a thread for every single one or would you be ok if we just continued talking about allegations of misconduct from politicians on a thread about allegations of misconduct by politicians? 

Yes

It really is the day for thick, tedious ***s.

8 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:
1 hour ago, alta-pete said:

It really is the day for thick, tedious ***s.

Congrats on deflecting from the point (maybe clumsily) being made and instead offering nowt but a hollow insult. Your time has not been wasted. 

1 hour ago, alta-pete said:

This thread is 124 pages long, with the overwhelming majority critical of Salmond's behaviour and acknowledging that the government have some questions to answer.

Is there really much more to be constructively said until we get more facts and information from the enquiry ?

Watching Reporting Scotland trying to shine up Ruth is laughable.
The Committee after months, only now writing to the courts to ask for evidence is another example of the incompetence of their investigation.

The Tories trying to make something out of this is an utter waste of time.

The average voter couldn't give two flying fucks about all of this.

7 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

The Tories trying to make something out of this is an utter waste of time.

The average voter couldn't give two flying fucks about all of this.

You are correct regarding the average voter.  However such indifference does not make the process irrelevant nor unnecessary.  The SNP promised full co-operation of the government and have steadfastly refused to honour that commitment.  This isn't going to end well for Nicola.

You are correct regarding the average voter.  However such indifference does not make the process irrelevant nor unnecessary.  The SNP promised full co-operation of the government and have steadfastly refused to honour that commitment.  This isn't going to end well for Nicola.
The process should happen.

I just think the Tories have easier targets to aim for if they want to have a go at the SNP.

On 01/10/2020 at 20:21, alta-pete said:

Excellent post. Good luck. 

34 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

What do folk think about this?

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/nicola-sturgeons-husband-admits-sending-22798102

Paul Hutcheon seems to think it'll cause some tectonic upheaval, maybe he's right but I can't help feeling it's a bit like Kirsty Wark's documentary about it, they're more interested in the story than most folk, who have already moved on. If Salmond was to push for something then maybe but I don't think he's totally lost his political acumen.

It's probably exciting for political journos, opposition backbenchers and folk who unironically use the wee nippy/krankie, Snatzi patter. Most folk will be the Alan Partridge shrug gif.

Murrell being sidelined and a more open and accountable executive doesn't sound too bad tbf.

As you say, the wildcard here is not the external noise, but the internal/Salmond wing(s over Bath)

1 hour ago, MixuFruit said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/nicola-sturgeons-husband-admits-sending-22798102

Paul Hutcheon seems to think it'll cause some tectonic upheaval, maybe he's right but I can't help feeling it's a bit like Kirsty Wark's documentary about it, they're more interested in the story than most folk, who have already moved on. If Salmond was to push for something then maybe but I don't think he's totally lost his political acumen.

He's already yesterday's news and it won't make a slight bit of difference to the Independence cause.

tories/labour/liberal politicos and journos will hammer on with these stories as this and Ferrier is all they have to go on.

We SNP members have become inured to the majority media attacks and it only strengthens our resolve. 

The print media is on it's knees getting scorched on the dying embers, the millionaire owners have absolutely no shame in asking their readers for donations to allow them to continue with their lies and bile.

Anything's possible but my feeling is that Murrell just believed the accusers and thought they deserved a full hearing. Any hints that the SNP did anything to cover up the accusations or keep the police out of it would have been far more damaging, especially if the trial had gone the other way, with the not proven verdict indicating it wasn't that clear cut. Salmond was a busted flush politically by the time the accusations arose imo, I don't see him as a threat that had to be conspired against by shady means.

I’m all for a good political scandal but in the current climate I find it very hard to give a f**k about any of this.

I don’t see it really breaking through to the wider public, aside from in a ‘Salmond is a creep’ way.