Nipper Salmond

RadgerTheBadger

11 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

There would be a terrible irony if Salmonds beasty behaviour and pig headedness caused Sturgeon to be ousted and killed independence for a long time. But he clearly cares not a jot about how he is viewed taking the kremlins money.

Maybe he's not a mad warmonger who thinks Russia is his enemy?

There would be a terrible irony if Salmonds beasty behaviour and pig headedness caused Sturgeon to be ousted and killed independence for a long time. But he clearly cares not a jot about how he is viewed taking the kremlins money.
I don't think think it will matter a jot - most voters (bar hard-line Yoons or Yer Da' Nats) couldn't give a flying f**k about all of this.

5 hours ago, welshbairn said:

You'd have thought high up civil servants would have to keep diaries to note stuff like this. I think this political trial is a bad idea though, should have been judge led and not opposition MPs trawling for dirt. Most of these tweets from the inquiry seem to be from rabid yoons, I'm reserving judgement.

P.S. One of them, Jane Lax, retweeted Katie Hopkins in between tweets about the enquiry.

Lax is one abhorrent boot. Miscarriages though eh - just for giggles. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-49433637?__twitter_impression=true

3 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Jesus man you have created a lot of enemies on here.

444 red dots with 854 posts.

Get a copy of Calum Kennedy's Greatest Hits and relax.

When people check your recent posts to red dot daily it's hardly based on merit. 

Shame that the man who arguably, did more than anyone else to make Scottish Independence a reality,  seems now to have become obsessed with destroying the reputation of his successor. 

In his mind Independence is no longer priority number 1.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-54718510

On 28/10/2020 at 09:04, SandyCromarty said:

Over the last few days I've been monitoring a 'poster' called 'When Reality Kicks in', he has hit me with a couple of reds on what were virtually harmless posts so I looked into his profile and it seems by the lack of profile this guy wants to remain anonymous,  it seems his MO is just to randomly pick Forums/Threads and issue unwarranted reds, for instance on Saturday he hit the Dumbarton v Clyde game with a bunch of reds in a couple of minutes yet it appears he is not a fan of either club.

His activity shows that he has issued 65 greens but also issued 883 reds, obviously he likes to be fuckin with people as a silly wee boy rather than contributing posts to add to discussion.

It makes a mockery of the Like/Dislike system.

Monitoring a poster.  Get a life.

On 28/10/2020 at 09:04, SandyCromarty said:

Over the last few days I've been monitoring a 'poster' called 'When Reality Kicks in', he has hit me with a couple of reds on what were virtually harmless posts so I looked into his profile and it seems by the lack of profile this guy wants to remain anonymous,  it seems his MO is just to randomly pick Forums/Threads and issue unwarranted reds, for instance on Saturday he hit the Dumbarton v Clyde game with a bunch of reds in a couple of minutes yet it appears he is not a fan of either club.

His activity shows that he has issued 65 greens but also issued 883 reds, obviously he likes to be fuckin with people as a silly wee boy rather than contributing posts to add to discussion.

It makes a mockery of the Like/Dislike system.

Oh my, where to start with this?

On 29/10/2020 at 12:34, ICTJohnboy said:

Shame that the man who arguably, did more than anyone else to make Scottish Independence a reality,  seems now to have become obsessed with destroying the reputation of his successor. 

In his mind Independence is no longer priority number 1.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-54718510

Maybe it is because independence is still his priority number 1.

This is just demonstrably not the case in any way shape or form. Alex Salmond’s priority number 1, 2, 3, 4, 76, 592, and 417,862 is the reputation and ego of Alex Salmond. Now, there’s nothing particularly wrong with that, the vast, vast majority of people in his situation would be the same, but let’s not pretend this is some sort of 9D chess being played for the benefit of Scottish Independence, especially when we’ve just received 11 polls on the bounce with a positive reaction for that outcome under the current Scottish government.

As has said many times before, when the inevitable occurs, perhaps no one will have done more towards it than Salmond. He’ll - rightly - be remembered overall as a giant of the movement and likely the finest politician of his generation, but right now, he’s doing considerably more harm than good.

7 hours ago, git-intae-thum said:

You may be right, but heading into an election next year the last thing we need is divisions among the SNP upper echelons as it only feeds ammunition to the enemies of Independence, and we all know who they are.

23 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

This is just demonstrably not the case in any way shape or form. Alex Salmond’s priority number 1, 2, 3, 4, 76, 592, and 417,862 is the reputation and ego of Alex Salmond. Now, there’s nothing particularly wrong with that, the vast, vast majority of people in his situation would be the same, but let’s not pretend this is some sort of 9D chess being played for the benefit of Scottish Independence, especially when we’ve just received 11 polls on the bounce with a positive reaction for that outcome under the current Scottish government.

As has said many times before, when the inevitable occurs, perhaps no one will have done more towards it than Salmond. He’ll - rightly - be remembered overall as a giant of the movement and likely the finest politician of his generation, but right now, he’s doing considerably more harm than good.

Only if you think that Nicola is the person to deliver independence.  I have my doubts on that.

Edited by strichener

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Replace Sturgeon with Salmond and the indy polls would drop 15% overnight imo.

Yep. Salmond was a bit of a hero of mine growing up (politically) I would have to admit and we wouldn’t be where we are without him. But he’s completely finished off any credibility he has other than with a small group of mostly male middle age independence supporters. Sadly for these people who yearn for Indy so much they don’t realise that they are infact the biggest risk to it.