Nipper Salmond

RadgerTheBadger

Just now, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Any ordinary person acquitted of rape charges would not have an enquiry into the conduct of their organisation - why is it different here?

A lot of this is political shit-stirring of the worst kind.

Honestly, i've no idea.  Why did the Scottish government agree to it?  Or were they legally obliged to?  There must have been some reason for it?  Sturgeon also made plain she welcomed it and would provide all information.  No reason to doubt the sincerity until an experienced, SNP convenor is accusing them of deliberately obstructing the enquiry.  

Without knowing, or really wanting to know all the details, taking a step back I understand the government is being less than accommodating despite previous assurances.  They heard allegations, they investiaged and sent to authorities, they went to court.  I'm not sure where they should be getting tied up in knots? This should be an easy opportunity to demonstrate good practice.  The fact it's becoming murky is concerning.

16 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

There should certainly be a full enquiry but I sympathise with the Government resisting opposition demands to trawl through every private text and Whatsapp account looking for dirt. If I was a civil servant I'd tell them to GTF unless they have specific criminal allegations against me, and then leave it to neutral actors like the Procurator Fiscal's department.

If there's a concern about Linda Fabiani's bias then I agree.  A full judge led enquiry seems reasonable.  Like it or not, whatsapp messages may be of interest if a convenor/judge/investigator deems it to be so.  I believe it is more than whatsapp messages that are being witheld.  However whatsapp messages which are about live investigations are not personal messages.  Government has a duty to be transparent, it's business is not conducted in secret.  Salmond's legaacy is upto him (and his conduct leaves a lot to be desired) but I expect better from government.  

4 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

What bit do you find unbelievable? The phone cutting out on a train?

Edited by welshbairn

5 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

The whole thing, it's complete nonsense. Do you sincerely believe her version of events? If so you're buttoned up at the back. 

It's a non story explaining a one hour delay in withdrawing the whip. Cummings is still employed at No 10, eight months later.

Edited by welshbairn

Just now, welshbairn said:

It's a non story explaining a one hour delay in withdrawing the whip. Cummings is still employed at No 10, 10 months later.

What does Cummings have to do with Nicola lying, Ferrier lying and the SNP looking terrible and inept because of all of this? 

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:

He really needs to move aside. He is in danger of jeopardising the independence march, something that he claimed was not about him.
Thank you for your service Alex, you are a free innocent man, now please do your country a service by enjoying your well earned retirement.

Correct but the thing is that this and Farrier is all the unionists and the anti SNP lot have to go on and and on and on and on until they see it's getting them nowhere.

They are trying to discredit a government which is in the midst of battling an ever increasing pandemic.

You can bet your house on the Blurt ignoring the crisis we are in and again, as she did last week, ask questions over Salmond during FMQ's.

We all know the tory Blurt has no shame.

1 minute ago, Stormzy said:

What does Cummings have to do with Nicola lying, Ferrier lying and the SNP looking terrible and inept because of all of this? 

If that's the best SNPbad story you can come up with you must be seriously panicking. 

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

If that's the best SNPbad story you can come up with you must be seriously panicking. 

Panicking?

I've posted a laughable story about the FM lying and you've changed the subject about Dominic Cummings... way to hold your leaders to account and scrutiny, why bother doing that when you can just talk about Tories...

https://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/nicola-sturgeon-phone-signal-cutting-out-due-train-travel-reason-behind-delayed-withdrawal-whip-margaret-ferrier-3000862

Sturgeon delayed by taking actions an hour later?  I have lunches that take longer than that.  Seems like a very rapid response to me.  what does a quick response look like?  Very bizarre attack this.

Edited by tirso

12 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Correct but the thing is that this and Farrier is all the unionists and the anti SNP lot have to go on and and on and on and on until they see it's getting them nowhere.

They are trying to discredit a government which is in the midst of battling an ever increasing pandemic.

You can bet your house on the Blurt ignoring the crisis we are in and again, as she did last week, ask questions over Salmond during FMQ's.

We all know the tory Blurt has no shame.

The current pandemic has no bearing on the government's accountability for its previous actions.  It's like saying that the UK government should not be getting questioned on their Brexit strategy, what with them having a pandemic to deal with.  Utter nonsense.

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Detournement said:

A summary of MacKinnon's appearance. 

It's unbelievable that senior Scottish Government civil servants are being so uncooperative. 

It's believable just not acceptable.

You'd have thought high up civil servants would have to keep diaries to note stuff like this. I think this political trial is a bad idea though, should have been judge led and not opposition MPs trawling for dirt. Most of these tweets from the inquiry seem to be from rabid yoons, I'm reserving judgement.

P.S. One of them, Jane Lax, retweeted Katie Hopkins in between tweets about the enquiry.

Edited by welshbairn

On 13/10/2020 at 11:06, Stormzy said:

Jesus man you have created a lot of enemies on here.

444 red dots with 854 posts.

Get a copy of Calum Kennedy's Greatest Hits and relax.