Nipper Salmond

RadgerTheBadger

Peter Murrell, SNP Chief Executive, allegedly sent the following WhatsApp messages on the day of Alex Salmond’s first court appearance

IMG_1112.jpg

These messages were passed anonymously to Kenny MacAskill, who sent them to the inquiry committee. Apparently, the messages were part of the file of evidence that Salmond wanted to use in his trial but didn’t.

I don't see why anyone in the SNP would have seen Salmond as a threat to be quashed when this stuff started coming out, least of all Nicola Sturgeon and her husband. Salmond had lost his parliamentary constituency and was happily making a new career as a television presenter. My best guess is that Murrell knew one or more of the alleged victims and thought their allegations merited investigation.

2 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Definitely no concerted effort from within the SNP to nobble him though. Nope.

Why do I get the feeling that this will all simmer away gently, before erupting into an almighty shitstorm in the run-up to next May's Holyrood elections?

You would hope Salmond would do the noble (1b)  thing and keep and stay above it all next May, sadly I think NS & her cronies have effectively nobbled him. 

4 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Peter Murrell, SNP Chief Executive, allegedly sent the following WhatsApp messages on the day of Alex Salmond’s first court appearance

IMG_1112.jpg

These messages were passed anonymously to Kenny MacAskill, who sent them to the inquiry committee. Apparently, the messages were part of the file of evidence that Salmond wanted to use in his trial but didn’t.

Who did he send them to?

Edited by Detournement

It's really difficult to take Murray at face value. It's tempting to regard him as 100% legit because he writes articulately and concisely, but I can't shake the suspicion that he is seriously mentally unwell, and in his own understated way, every bit as full of nonsense as any of the conspiracy loons and truther types out there. I suppose time will tell if he's on the ball regards Salmond.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Detournement said:

Sturgeon's tactic of saying pretty much everything is part of an ongoing legal process and therefore has to be swept under the carpet isn't going too well.

That's not what I took out of today's FMQ's.

In a reply to Blurt Davidson who asked why she had not responded to the inquiry, Nicola clearly stated that she had already submitted a written statement and she did not know why the committee had not publicly discussed said statement, she went on to say that she is willing and ready to answer any questions put to her if and when the committee asks her to come forward. With that she has made it clear that the Scottish Gov cannot interfere or make comments on a formally convened inquiry.

Now I'm not defending Alex Salmond and I have mentioned on here that there was knowledge of indiscretions on his part, the Edinburgh airport lounge being one, however as I see it it obviously cannot be denied that  Nicola Sturgeon was part of the inner circle but presently she is quite correct in the personal stance she has explained and the formal situation the Scottish Government must maintain.

Understandably the Holyrood tory opposition want to use anything they can get their hands on to discredit their hated SNP, and this during a Covid crisis when there are far more important areas and health issues to discuss and argue which Richard Leonard in his questions today quite rightly did so.

It's dirty politics from the tories but it's what we have come to expect.

Edited by SandyCromarty

On 10/09/2020 at 17:44, Detournement said:

Leslie Evans is apparently going to get away with lying to Parliament with the excuse she simply forgot about a meeting where she told the FM about the investigation into Salmond. 

Standards in public life in Scotland have fallen as much as anywhere else over the past 10 years. 

Westminster being a prime example.

Has anyone see Mark Francois MP in a while? Dont know why that’s popped into my head. 
I genuinely can't imagine why that would come into your head on a thread about alleged sex offences. Absolutely no idea why ANYONE would think the fat TA w****r would be a nonc...out of the public eye for a while [emoji23]

3 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Watching Reporting Scotland trying to shine up Ruth is laughable.

The Committee after months, only now writing to the courts to ask for evidence is another example of the incompetence of their investigation.

I may stop and have a laugh at the front page of the Daily Heil tomorrow.......surely they will go with this ....after all they have nothing else to shout about!!