Nipper Salmond

RadgerTheBadger

2 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

The reality is that the bar for political behaviour is lot lower than that for criminal misdemeanours - his behaviour is not criminal but it makes him unacceptable politically.

Just ask Derek MacKay.

Which is nothing to do with the point that I was making.  However it does suggest that you would be in favour of investigating if this was a political menouver to remove Salmond from politics by the SNP.

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

It is, which is what’s making me wonder if theres any point in it anymore. Ive become increasingly nihilistic since the absolute mess the snp has made of public sector. Nothing really matters anymore.

Wow.  That’s a massive leap...

39 minutes ago, Lee Van Tee said:

What has he said that shows he's more concerned about his own reputation than independence?

I must have missed this just as I missed him calling himself sleazy and admitting to being a sex pest.

I’ve not seen him saying anything along those lines either.  Certainly not yet.

However I will reserve judgement and apply a simple test that is a good one in general and particularly good for politicians.  In the weeks and months ahead I will judge him on what he does not what he says.  Then we will see what his real priorities are.

2 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

It is, which is what’s making me wonder if theres any point in it anymore. Ive become increasingly nihilistic since the absolute mess the snp has made of public sector. Nothing really matters anymore.

An absolute mess?

That news must have passed me by.

Describe an "absolute" mess for me please.

Would you also relate it to the public sector in Scotland to justify what some would see to a comment that is beyond hyperbole.

Edited by sophia

10 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I just dont see who’s going to do it right out of anyone, regardless of what happens all these politicians are failing. None are making me want to vote for them anymore.

I could take issue with you but it’s Saturday night.  What I will say is that not voting is never an acceptable option.  Voting for who you regard as least bad is.

Edited by Granny Danger

An absolute mess?

That news must have passed me by.

Describe an "absolute" mess for me please.

Would you also relate it to the public sector in Scotland to justify what some would see to a comment that is beyond hyperbole.

Yeh im sorry but the public sector is a fucking riot. Police cars held together with duct tape, out of hours gp services that close down despite staff willing to work them, theres so many different things going on. A justice secretary who couldn’t give a f**k about the welfare of the people under his charge.

That said I dont think any other party will do any better. I wont not vote but i really dont know if it matters anymore. I’d have to be really convinced to actually feel passionate about politics again. I think on the whole i’d probably vote yes in indy ref 2 but i wouldnt be as enthusiastic as I felt about the last one.

57 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Yeh im sorry but the public sector is a fucking riot. Police cars held together with duct tape, out of hours gp services that close down despite staff willing to work them, theres so many different things going on. A justice secretary who couldn’t give a f**k about the welfare of the people under his charge.

That said I dont think any other party will do any better. I wont not vote but i really dont know if it matters anymore. I’d have to be really convinced to actually feel passionate about politics again. I think on the whole i’d probably vote yes in indy ref 2 but i wouldnt be as enthusiastic as I felt about the last one.

If there are so many different things going on that are shambolic can you provide some examples with sources? I'm genuinely intrigued by this.

3 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

perjury charges would have to be proven beyond reasonable doubt which given that a minority of the first jury didn’t think they were lying

Although if hard evidence of the supposed conspiracy against Salmond were to materialise that might change

You are making asumptions. In Scots Law, it's perfectly possible that the jury split something like 12 Not Guilty 1 Not Proven. That's a majority verdict.

Unless a jury member goes public (committing an offence by doing so), we will never know for sure whether any of the jury thought he was guilty of anything.

If there are so many different things going on that are shambolic can you provide some examples with sources? I'm genuinely intrigued by this.

The scottish police federation had quite a major study on the condition of police equipment and buildings fairly recently. You should be able to find that fairly easily. The out of hours closures have been quite widely covered in the media, I can’t give you sources in the public domain but i’ve never hidden that my wife is a GP in the west and I’ve seen her volunteer to cover shifts and then the coordinators have closed the centre etc, this is something thats happened quite frequently amongst her peers.

Im not saying I think public sector management is great anywhere else in the UK, I just dont see me voting SNP as some kind of good thing for it given my lived experiences.

You are making asumptions. In Scots Law, it's perfectly possible that the jury split something like 12 Not Guilty 1 Not Proven. That's a majority verdict.
Unless a jury member goes public (committing an offence by doing so), we will never know for sure whether any of the jury thought he was guilty of anything.

Logically a single not proven would still be someone doubting that they were being lied to.

But leaving aside this pedantry and counterpedantry ...

The broader point is that in a perjury trial the benefit of the doubt would go to Salmond’s accusers

The Chief Medical Officer seems to be another of Sturgeon's circle who is untouchable.

The fact that the Scottish Government put out a false statement to cover for her surely means someone will resign. 

You, like other Unionist morons, confuse politicians with public servants.

That is entirely deliberate - you are no better than the other scumbags trying to make political capital out of this.

2 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

That is entirely deliberate - you are no better than the other scumbags trying to make political capital out of this.

You are an angry chap.

There is a political class. Some of them are elected, more of them aren't. 

Sturgeon has lost her credibility today. She can't ask the CMO to resign as she knows she is going to have to stonewall resignation demands over lying to parliament. 

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Oh, come on. I'm pro-independence and I think Calderwood needs to be dropped. She's a civil servant, so whether it's a sacking offence or not, I'm not sure. But, given the exceptional circumstances, I would think possibly. Her deputy should do all future conferences. If her expertise is indispensable then she can carry on working behind the scenes. But she can't be respected on adverts and at press conferences telling us all to stay at home, now that we all know what she did. Not once, but twice. Come on, Nicola. I know you've had a lot of personal stuff on your plate - McKay, Salmond and now Calderwood. But do what needs to be done.

2 hours ago, Detournement said:

The Chief Medical Officer seems to be another of Sturgeon's circle who is untouchable.

The fact that the Scottish Government put out a false statement to cover for her surely means someone will resign. 

What's false?

image.thumb.png.24add3553c9cbb65233b97a927c1070e.png

6 minutes ago, Detournement said:

I don't think you can claim to be working 7 days a week when you are at your holiday home 4/9.

It also phrases it as though she went once to check the security when she actually went twice and took the whole family for a jolly. 

You can work from home even in Fife these days. And they were asked to respond about this weekend, the Press Officer's job isn't to spill some more dirt, which they probably didn't even know. It's likely they were closing it down because they knew they wouldn't be back for a while, however stupidly.

Edited by welshbairn

2 hours ago, Detournement said:

And what about Charlie who moved to his second home, Birkhall, with a massive fuckin entourage.

I'm sure the Scottish Chief Constable will send a couple of officers round to his holiday home to issue a stern warning.

Aye Right!!

14 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

You can work from home even in Fife these days. And they were asked to respond about this weekend, the Press Officer's job isn't to spill some more dirt, which they probably didn't even know. It's likely they were closing it down because they knew they wouldn't be back for a while, however stupidly.

Why were they there the previous week then? Bleeding the radiators?

9 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

And what about Charlie who moved to his second home, Birkhall, with a massive fuckin entourage.

I'm sure the Scottish Chief Constable will send a couple of officers round to his holiday home to issue a stern warning.

Aye Right!!

Yes the royal family are a plague.

It's irrelevant here.