Nipper Salmond

RadgerTheBadger

23 minutes ago, Lee Van Tee said:

Yeah, Alex should forgive and forget the fact that he risked being sent down for years. As for enjoy his retirement how is he supposed to do that with folk still slaughtering him and seeking to destroy his reputation? Maybe it's people like you who should shut up, especially in the current climate.

:lol:

39 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

My understanding is Salmond's defence was "I'm a sleazy b*****d but I never done anything illegal"

Sex pest still seems to fit in that case.

Also if he is gonna try and drive a wedge through the SNP and insist on bringing civil suits against the party and the Scottish government just so he can win an argument he's clearly more concerned about his own image than Scottish independence.

On both fronts he can get himself firmly in the bin. He should shut up and enjoy his retirement as a free man

His defence was pointing out the lies from the accusers.

The prosecution didn't even bother to question most of the defence witnesses.  

Unlike others, he's staying quiet for now. 

Look beyond the headlines and you might understand. 

1 minute ago, Bula Bairn said:

His defence was pointing out the lies from the accusers.

The prosecution didn't even bother to question most of the defence witnesses.  

Unlike others, he's staying quiet for now. 

Look beyond the headlines and you might understand. 

Very good smooth brain.

So if these accusers lied I can only presume they have been charged with perjury? Or wasting police time? Or any other number of laws in place to stop people lying in a court of law?

*tumbleweeds*

Still avoids the facts: what is Salmond hoping to achieve apart from his own salvation from accusations he's not been found guilty of? It's detrimental to his party and the Independence campaign.

The jury decided by majority verdict that he was not guilty of criminal acts, beyond reasonable doubt. The question of whether he was a sleazebag wasn't decided, other than by his lawyer's admission that he was, in court.

35 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Very good smooth brain.

So if these accusers lied I can only presume they have been charged with perjury? Or wasting police time? Or any other number of laws in place to stop people lying in a court of law?

*tumbleweeds*

Still avoids the facts: what is Salmond hoping to achieve apart from his own salvation from accusations he's not been found guilty of? It's detrimental to his party and the Independence campaign.

1. Tell me the number of times you know where the system used it's overstretched resources to bother prosecuting witnesses for perjury after their evidence has been rejected by a jury. Personally, I can only recall the Tommy Sheridan case.

2. How do you know that charges are not actually under consideration right now? 

1 hour ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Coronavirus epidemic means we shouldn't point out Alex Salmond appears to be more concerned with his reputation than independence?

I think Salmond would say that the same people who are smearing him are a drag on the independence campaign.

3 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Also if he is gonna try and drive a wedge through the SNP and insist on bringing civil suits against the party and the Scottish government just so he can win an argument he's clearly more concerned about his own image than Scottish independence.

The only reason that there isn't already a wedge through the SNP is that he resigned.  If it is found that others within the SNP conspired and colluded to try and keep him away from the SNP and destroy his reputation, especially for political reasons,  then he is well within his rights to seek redress for that.  If the independence movement cannot withstand this then it was already on a shoogly peg.

I cannot imagine anyone who is cleared of attempted rape would shrug their shoulders and say "Ach well, shit happens".

2 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

1. Tell me the number of times you know where the system used it's overstretched resources to bother prosecuting witnesses for perjury after their evidence has been rejected by a jury. Personally, I can only recall the Tommy Sheridan case.

Not very fair of you to assume people who have never been convicted or even charged with a crime are guilty.

The only reason that there isn't already a wedge through the SNP is that he resigned.  If it is found that others within the SNP conspired and colluded to try and keep him away from the SNP and destroy his reputation, especially for political reasons,  then he is well within his rights to seek redress for that.  If the independence movement cannot withstand this then it was already on a shoogly peg.
I cannot imagine anyone who is cleared of attempted rape would shrug their shoulders and say "Ach well, shit happens".
The reality is that the bar for political behaviour is lot lower than that for criminal misdemeanours - his behaviour is not criminal but it makes him unacceptable politically.

Just ask Derek MacKay.

What reputation, he's a self confessed sex pest who has felt the need to issue apologies for his inappropriate behaviour towards women. He should go and live the rest of his days well away from any public eye. He is likely to set back the cause for independence by years if he doesn't.

Yeah, Alex should forgive and forget the fact that he risked being sent down for years. As for enjoy his retirement how is he supposed to do that with folk still slaughtering him and seeking to destroy his reputation? Maybe it's people like you who should shut up, especially in the current climate.

16 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

What reputation, he's a self confessed sex pest who has felt the need to issue apologies for his inappropriate behaviour towards women. He should go and live the rest of his days well away from any public eye. He is likely to set back the cause for independence by years if he doesn't.

Serious question, are there swathes of pro-independence folk that think "well if Salmond is a beast, then it's permanent Tory voting for me"?

I honestly couldn't give a f**k if he shagged car exhausts with a traffic cone up his farter, I'd still think Scotland should be independent.

perjury charges would have to be proven beyond reasonable doubt which given that a minority of the first jury didn’t think they were lying

Although if hard evidence of the supposed conspiracy against Salmond were to materialise that might change

Serious question, are there swathes of pro-independence folk that think "well if Salmond is a beast, then it's permanent Tory voting for me"?
I honestly couldn't give a f**k if he shagged car exhausts with a traffic cone up his farter, I'd still think Scotland should be independent.

For me if Salmond came back to prominence and had significant impact on politics it’d just show that we’d be ruled by arseholes regardless of independence or not.

11 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

For me if Salmond came back to prominence and had significant impact on politics it’d just show that we’d be ruled by arseholes regardless of independence or not.

I just don't think he's that important.

14 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

But isn't that the same problem the world over? Anyone capable of getting themselves made President (FM) should on no account be allowed to do the job. (Douglas Adams)

26 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

perjury charges would have to be proven beyond reasonable doubt which given that a minority of the first jury didn’t think they were lying

Although if hard evidence of the supposed conspiracy against Salmond were to materialise that might change

There is apparently more evidence to come which will shine a light on that.

That the PF brought the attempted rape charge despite a witness who is a friend of the accuser being adamant that she wasn't present in Bute House that night stinks to high heaven.

But isn't that the same problem the world over? Anyone capable of getting themselves made President (FM) should on no account be allowed to do the job. (Douglas Adams)

It is, which is what’s making me wonder if theres any point in it anymore. Ive become increasingly nihilistic since the absolute mess the snp has made of public sector. Nothing really matters anymore.

6 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Coronavirus epidemic means we shouldn't point out Alex Salmond appears to be more concerned with his reputation than independence?

What has he said that shows he's more concerned about his own reputation than independence?

I must have missed this just as I missed him calling himself sleazy and admitting to being a sex pest.