Nipper Salmond

RadgerTheBadger

2 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Could mean any number of things. What difference does it make? I'm not saying we shouldn't go for independence. I've campaigned for it for decades. I'm just saying anyone who still wants independence if it would harm the people of Scotland is a moon howling loony.

Aye but we're asking you to give some examples of how empowering the people of Scotland to govern Scotland could harm them, and you are yet to provide any despite making this point several times.

2 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Can you outline what some of these changes might be?  Cause I can't think of any scenarios in which that would be the case.

Something like not being able to increase public spending during a pandemic because you don't issue your own currency?

Something like not being able to increase public spending during a pandemic because you don't issue your own currency?
No one in history of using another countries currency has every increased public spending. Never

5 minutes ago, AUFC90 said:
9 minutes ago, Detournement said:

No one in history of using another countries currency has every increased public spending. Never

The Growth Commission's own document explains that public spending would have to be reduced.

If an independent Scottish government wanted to increase public spending during Corona they would have to go to the bond markets who would ramp up interest rates. The UK government can just announce new money then create it. 

Some EZ nations have increased public spending by a large degree and others haven't. Greece, Portugal, Italy and Spain are desperate for shared risk bonds otherwise they will struggle badly. Northern nations aren't willing to do it. So yes it is having negative impacts. 

4 minutes ago, Detournement said:

The Growth Commission's own document explains that public spending would have to be reduced.

If an independent Scottish government wanted to increase public spending during Corona they would have to go to the bond markets who would ramp up interest rates. The UK government can just announce new money then create it. 

Some EZ nations have increased public spending by a large degree and others haven't. Greece, Portugal, Italy and Spain are desperate for shared risk bonds otherwise they will struggle badly. Northern nations aren't willing to do it. So yes it is having negative impacts. 

Mate you're lying through your teeth it's in the Growth Commission report a Scottish central bank would be set up on day one to act as lender of last resort.

Just now, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Mate you're lying through your teeth it's in the Growth Commission report a Scottish central bank would be set up on day one to act as lender of last resort.

Not while we are using Sterling. Only BoE can issue Sterling. 

Any central bank they set up would be a central bank in name only. 

2 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Could mean any number of things. What difference does it make? I'm not saying we shouldn't go for independence. I've campaigned for it for decades. I'm just saying anyone who still wants independence if it would harm the people of Scotland is a moon howling loony.

Declaring UDI without international recognition and/or a brand new unlinked Scottish currency on day one would guarantee we'd be worse off.  

4 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Whatever mate that's literally what the report says word for word.  Take it up with reality, I'm not here to indulge you.

They added in waffle about a pretend central bank to appease low information people such as yourself.

The Growth Commission is now dead in the water. We are just lucky Andrew Wilson never got the chance to work his RBS magic on the whole nation. 

28 minutes ago, Detournement said:

They added in waffle about a pretend central bank to appease low information people such as yourself.

The Growth Commission is now dead in the water. We are just lucky Andrew Wilson never got the chance to work his RBS magic on the whole nation. 

Funny cause two posts ago you were using it's deficit reduction targets as a stick to best the SNP with, now it's 'dead in the water' when It's inconvenient for the lied you are telling.  It's almost as if you're full of shit.

4 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Funny cause two posts ago you were using it's deficit reduction targets as a stick to best the SNP with, now it's 'dead in the water' when It's inconvenient for the lied you are telling.  It's almost as if you're full of shit.

Yes it's dead in the water as a credible plan. That doesn't mean the SNP will abandon it. 

I think you need to set concrete goals and targets for positive change as the initial period of building institutions is vital. The SNP have went the other way and promote a vision of nothing changing beyond flags. I also think that the lack of political knowledge within the SNP would see then over run by neoliberal forces during any nation building period so it would be a total disaster. 
You really are a deluded arsehole.

4 hours ago, Detournement said:

I think you need to set concrete goals and targets for positive change as the initial period of building institutions is vital. The SNP have went the other way and promote a vision of nothing changing beyond flags. I also think that the lack of political knowledge within the SNP would see then over run by neoliberal forces during any nation building period so it would be a total disaster. 

Nonsense - your need for “concrete goals and targets for positive change” is fatally undermined by your cheerleading for a Brexit led by spivs and based not on concrete planning (or any planning at all), but on bizarre false promises, flags, and buzz phrases like “let’s take back control”. 

No one is going to believe a Brexiteer when they claim they need “concrete goals and targets” before voting for anything.

Oil at it’s lowest price in EIGHTEEN years.

Thank goodness for the Union at this moment in time. Imagine the SNP trying to repatriate all the Scots abroad from a global network of wee portacabin Scottish embassies, and Kate Forbes trying to save businesses with a couple of barrels of oil and Derek Mackays financial legacy. 

Thank goodness for the sensible majority. 

20 hours ago, welshbairn said:

And for the next 70 years or so half the population fucked off to England or America as soon as they could. Not sure that's a great example. I'm hoping for far better for Scotland, it's all about the timing and having immediate international recognition by going through the constitutional hurdles.

P.S. Fully paid up member, recently doubled my subs voluntarily.

Similarly we Scots did the same as other than Clydeside good paying jobs were hard to come by, remember mass emigration of Scots in their thousands to Oz, Canada and NZ in the fifties and thousands heading down to Corby in the sixties, many Scots joined the Merchant Navy and the Forces to get a regular wage packet, so we are not unlike the Irish when push comes to shove, as it did.

Agree with you on garnering international recognition for our cause of Independence, to that end the SNP are already a member of the European Free Alliance which represents political parties from across Europe that are fighting for self determination.

Maths not your strong point, clearly.

Oil at it’s lowest price in EIGHTEEN years.
Thank goodness for the Union at this moment in time. Imagine the SNP trying to repatriate all the Scots abroad from a global network of wee portacabin Scottish embassies, and Kate Forbes trying to save businesses with a couple of barrels of oil and Derek Mackays financial legacy. 
Thank goodness for the sensible majority.