Nipper Salmond

RadgerTheBadger

1 hour ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Absolutely stunned that somebody found and posted a picture of his house. I must have learnt MI5 tradecraft without realising it,  googled Edinburgh house £607500. Very nice it looks too, doesn't look like it needed at lot of work done on it.

https://espc.com/property/63-oxgangs-road-edinburgh-eh10-7bd/32998

Google maps shows it with a skip, very mysterious.

image.thumb.png.75bdcf96ce5c61f5fa211e5685172fb4.png

Edited by welshbairn

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Absolutely stunned that somebody found and posted a picture of his house. I must have learnt MI5 tradecraft without realising it,  googled Edinburgh house £607500. Very nice it looks too, doesn't look like it needed at lot of work done on it.

https://espc.com/property/63-oxgangs-road-edinburgh-eh10-7bd/32998

Google maps shows it with a skip, very mysterious.

image.thumb.png.75bdcf96ce5c61f5fa211e5685172fb4.png

"Not Google earth or maps photos and found nowhere else on the internet."

Just now, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

"Not Google earth or maps photos and found nowhere else on the internet."

The picture I posted is from June 19, he says the one he's talking about was "around April 19". Easy for "around April" to slip into June, give or take a week or 2. Bit like Witness A's memory perhaps?

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The picture I posted is from June 19, he says the one he's talking about was "around April 19". Easy for "around April" to slip into June, give or take a week or 2. Bit like Witness A's memory perhaps?

Its his house. Are you suggesting he is wrong that it isn't the same picture already online?  You just assume he's what lying or a moron which is it? 

9 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Its his house. Are you suggesting he is wrong that it isn't the same picture already online?  You just assume he's what lying or a moron which is it? 

Not really, but I wouldn't put it past him, he has been known to get the wrong end of the stick occasionally, either by mistake or by jumping to  a desired but false conclusion, Salisbury for example. Just saying it wouldn't be unusual for someone going by to take a picture of a big fuckoff house like that, maybe to see if it was on the market, especially with building work going on. And maybe he hasn't got my MI5 tradecraft googling skills.

Edited by welshbairn

Murray like a lot of people is emptying the pockets of a small percentage of his readers. It's not even really a scam as it's completely volantary and all the content is free. You can tell he eggs the pudding to get Mad Nats and conspiracy nuts to kick in but the vast majority of what he writes is accurate.

@Londonwell you say he's not an acceptable source but as far as I can tell he's just about the only journalist who reported the defence case (accepted by the jury) in any depth. 

Edited by Detournement

9 hours ago, Londonwell said:

And there we have it the holy trinity of tin foil hat wearers. Pep, H_B and BawWatchin. Can’t blame yous, I’m bored stuck in the house as well. 

I bet you're the type who thinks they're well informed about the world, but has never read through a single piece of literature in their life.

9 hours ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Do you not see how 1- intellectually lazy, 2- arrogant/ignorant and 3- dishonest it is to just write off someone's statements without reading them, testing their veracity, and giving them due consideration?  Do you not see how that makes you exactly the same as the people you call conspiracy theorists?

I Greenied him because I read your posts. 

14 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

Okay Goldilocks. Just you let everybody know the precise millisecond that independence is the right solution.

That's the right time now and has been for decades. But if there were significant changes that would drastically harm the population in the end result of Independence it would be idiotic to continue.

That's pretty basic stuff

4 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

That's the right time now and has been for decades. But if there were significant changes that would drastically harm the population in the end result of Independence it would be idiotic to continue.

What does 'drastically harm the population' mean though. We could see a GDP reduction but still achieve an increase in living standards by reducing inequality. The converse is also true where GDP increases but inequality rises.

The idea that an unemployed single mother in Saltcoats and a banker in Portobello have a common interest which can be measured is ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, Detournement said:

What does 'drastically harm the population' mean though.

Could mean any number of things. What difference does it make? I'm not saying we shouldn't go for independence. I've campaigned for it for decades. I'm just saying anyone who still wants independence if it would harm the people of Scotland is a moon howling loony.

12 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Could mean any number of things. What difference does it make? I'm not saying we shouldn't go for independence. I've campaigned for it for decades. I'm just saying anyone who still wants independence if it would harm the people of Scotland is a moon howling loony.

I think you need to set concrete goals and targets for positive change as the initial period of building institutions is vital. The SNP have went the other way and promote a vision of nothing changing beyond flags. I also think that the lack of political knowledge within the SNP would see then over run by neoliberal forces during any nation building period so it would be a total disaster. 

1 minute ago, Detournement said:

I think you need to set concrete goals and targets for positive change as the initial period of building institutions is vital. The SNP have went the other way and promote a vision of nothing changing beyond flags. I also think that the lack of political knowledge within the SNP would see then over run by neoliberal forces during any nation building period so it would be a total disaster. 

I think SNP themselves are neoliberal so don't see them being run over. As for building institutions I think a good comparison would be with Quebec. Despite Quebec having more autonomy as a province than we do as a nation they identified 13 institutions that would need to be created in independence and it was a stick with which the Canadian unionists used to beat them but, in comparison, I believe Scotland already has 6 or 7 of those institutions in place (can't be bothered finding the original story I read half a decade ago but have some faith in me). We are astonishingly well placed for a very smooth transition as an Independent nation.

I think they are Neoliberal as well but they would be completely exploited by the outrider types of right wingers who push the Neoliberal agenda ever further. Neoliberals of any degree constructing a new nation is a recipe for disaster as seen in Eastern Europe in the 90s.

We do have some institutions and a large self contained public sector but the currency issue is still a huge problem until the SNP commit to a Scottish currency from Day One (which will never happen under Sturgeon).

Edited by Detournement

1 hour ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Actually, scrub my Goldilocks jibe about precise timing. I was wrong - it does matter. Sorry.

Edited by Pet Jeden

2 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Can you outline what some of these changes might be?  Cause I can't think of any scenarios in which that would be the case.