Nipper Salmond

RadgerTheBadger

1 hour ago, Bairn Necessities said:

I'm sorry, we clearly just have different standards. 

If my daughter had come home to me and told me a man she worked for had stroked her face as she slept in a taxi to wake her up,against her wishes, I'd kill him. Or he decided she needed his sleepy cuddles, again against her will. The fact he then apologised the next day wouldn't cut it.

Yeah, but did your daughter tell you about all the back and forth sexual banter they were flinging towards one another in the office?

2 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Can't be arsed reading through this thread sheet the dramatic news.

Two questions:

What is the p&b consensus on this? How are posters on general reacting?

And what are the details of the division within the snp? Is there a left v right thing going on or is it simply personalities? Old guard v new lot? Kent mccaskill calling for resignations seems like he's throwing petrol on it.

My first post since the verdict.  I think Salmond has been outed as a bit of a creep.

2 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

The problem with this post is that you've no where to go after 'horrific' and 'diabolical' and, whatever you say of Salmond, his acts were neither of those.

The jury declared it non criminal - which is about right - and the court of public opinion declared it unacceptable and creepy - which is also about right.

I'd say it's a pretty fair outcome all round.

The most sensible post on this thread for f**k knows how long. 

2 hours ago, Bairn Necessities said:

I'm sorry, we clearly just have different standards. 

If my daughter had come home to me and told me a man she worked for had stroked her face as she slept in a taxi to wake her up,against her wishes, I'd kill him. Or he decided she needed his sleepy cuddles, again against her will. The fact he then apologised the next day wouldn't cut it.

LOL@Rambo

1 hour ago, BawWatchin said:

Yeah, but did your daughter tell you about all the back and forth sexual banter they were flinging towards one another in the office?

This is just fucking weird. Shut up. 

The problem with this post is that you've no where to go after 'horrific' and 'diabolical' and, whatever you say of Salmond, his acts were neither of those.
The jury declared it non criminal - which is about right - and the court of public opinion declared it unacceptable and creepy - which is also about right.
Who's hijacked Kincy's account?

2 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
3 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Who's hijacked Kincy's account?

I am fucking annoyed with myself.

"Salmond leaves without a stain on his character but with stains on his boxers" is the post I wish I'd made.

I am fucking annoyed with myself.

"Salmond leaves without a stain on his character but with stains on his boxers" is the post I wish I'd made.

In all seriousness I was not all surprised by the verdicts - as I said previously (having read the evidence) I thought that he might be found innocent in court but still come across as a pervy old b*****d.

2 minutes ago, edinabear said:

Pretty grim that 9 women are not believed when it comes to sexual assault. Does not reflect well on the Scottish justice system 

edinabear

• Third Division Apprentice
  •  
  •  
  • Gold Members
  • 558 posts
  • My Team : Rangers
Edited by carpetmonster

6 minutes ago, edinabear said:

Pretty grim that 9 women are not believed when it comes to sexual assault. Does not reflect well on the Scottish justice system 

Perhaps if they hadn't all met up outside of court to get their stories together, they may have done enough to fool the predominantly female jury.

He was tried by a jury of his peers, and the evidence didn't get a prosecution.

Your suggestion that anything else should be the case is simply ludicrous.

The 9 women were not all saying the same thing. Did you even read the details of the case?