Nipper Salmond

RadgerTheBadger

2 minutes ago, Detournement said:

She doesn't campaign for independence. She doesn't talk about independence. Her closest political allies are unionists and one of her circle who was put forward as an SNP candidate for parliament described herself in court as a "lukewarm supporter of independence".

Join the dots. She is happy managing Scotland within the UK.

Wake up people!

2 minutes ago, Detournement said:

She doesn't campaign for independence. She doesn't talk about independence. Her closest political allies are unionists and one of her circle who was put forward as an SNP candidate for parliament described herself in court as a "lukewarm supporter of independence".

^^^aspirant candidate for the Baath Party

Ooft, the BritNats and the The Rangers fans are going to be absolutely seething about this. Delicious.

Couldn’t care less about the outcome, but it’s lovely to see the Yoons get their tits in a tantrum about something like this. It’d be funny if it wasn’t so pathetic.

5 minutes ago, Detournement said:

When do you think they would have deployed the allegation?

When there was corroboration? Maybe you could link the Telegraph article.

Edited by welshbairn

12 minutes ago, Detournement said:

As for the political dimension.

Sturgeon is clearly very close to the UK civil service and Salmond was working for RT. 

I've believed for a while that Sturgeon has no interest in independence. She tried to dampen it with the Growth Commission and barely mentions the issue. She is more interested in the UK being part of the EU. 

As much as people might feel the tide is turning etc, the independence polling figures haven't changed near as much as people would think in the midst of an absolute clusterfuck down at Westminster. Consent on a referendum has been made very clear as not forthcoming in the next parliamentary term and there's very little she can do to change that, the nonsense you keep spewing about how she can hold some sort of tangible referendum on this against the PMs consent has no basis in reality. Unless you want her to create a militia and enforce this, I'm not sure what you're actually proposing.

She's picked a strategy of presenting a progressive stable center-left government who are pro-EU and continued hammering Labour to f**k. On indyref, there's been a non-committal strategy towards boxing the party in to any commitments made on how they will fight the referendum when the UK doesn't have an arrangement sealed with the European Union which could massively change some of the headline text.

On the charge that she is working with sinister figures in dark rooms to thwart independence and using the apparatus of government to manipulate the judicial process to advance her goals, that's something I can't really disprove....

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

When there was corroboration? Maybe you could link the Telegraph article.

SNP official said he would 'sit on' claims Alex Salmond sexually assaulted woman, court hears

By Steve Bird and Izzy Lyons 10 March 2020 • 5:27pm
3-4 minutes

A series of text message exchanges were shown to the High Court

A Scottish National Party official said he would "sit on" claims that Alex Salmond sexually assaulted a Government official and "hopefully never have to deploy" the allegations, a court heard on Tuesday.

A series of text message exchanges between a woman who claims the former SNP leader tried to rape her and a member of staff responsible for "compliance" at the party's headquarters were shown to the High Court.

The woman, named as Woman H, said the SNP official would be able to "guess who" her claims of "sexual misconduct" related to.

She told the jury she had texted the SNP's Ian McCann, "who had been dealing with these issues" in 2017, shortly after the #MeToo movement had come to prominence.

In her first message, written while on holiday on November 5, she said: "Hi Ian, sorry to bother you on a Sunday. Just wondered if you know who the contact in the party is to, with 100 per cent confidentially, discuss sexual misconduct?"

She told the jury she was "confused and very scared" and wanted to know "if there was a process to report" her claims. 

The SNP compliance official replied and asked whether her allegations related to a "parliamentarian". She responded that it was "an ex-parliamentarian", adding: "You can guess who… Happy to speak next week. I really don't want it to be public. Just on internal records."

Mr McCann then wrote: "Happy to meet, speak on the phone, text or email. Or would you prefer to talk to the solicitor on the first instance if it's for internal knowledge rather than action? The solicitor would report details of allegations to me but can withhold your name if you prefer."

Nine minutes, later she wrote: "I obviously trust you and happy to speak to you rather than use a lawyer. I'm not in England – so a call next week."

Alex Salmond arrives at the High Court in Edinburgh for the second day of his trial 

Alex Salmond arrives at the High Court in Edinburgh for the second day of his trial  Credit: Jane Barlow/PA

On November 6 2017, the SNP official sent a text to Woman H which read: "I appreciate how difficult that must have been. I will sit on that and hopefully never have to deploy it."

Asked by by Shelagh McCall QC, for Mr Salmond, what she made of his message, the woman said that when she first lodged her "concerns about what had happened" she believed it would be a useful "vetting issue" to see whether Mr Salmond was "fit for office" if he ever wanted to stand for the party.

She said: "If that record was there he could be asked about it and [it could be] taken into serious consideration about being fit for office."

Asked by Alex Prentice QC, for the prosecution, what she had hoped to achieve by contacting the SNP, she said: "I still hadn't come to terms with what had happened. I knew I was driven by the fact I didn't want anyone else who worked with him to have what happened to me happen to them.

"That was my desire – still is. I wanted to have it on his file. I just wanted some trusted people in the party to know what happened so it wouldn't happen to others."

Mr Salmond denies 14 allegations of sexual assault against 10 women.

The trial continues. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/03/10/alex-salmond-trial-snp-official-said-would-sit-claims-alex-salmond/

(and no I don't subscribe to the telegraph, they just have a shit paywall)

I found it. Sounds like the woman knew there was little to no hope of a conviction but wanted it on record that Salmond is a sleazy b*****d.

50 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

There is no legal difference.

And just because he was acquitted doesn't mean the witnesses lied. The jury could have decided that they believed the women but decided Salmond's actions did not meet the standard of criminality.

It does not mean the charges were false.

Or that they believed the women on the balance of probability but just not quite beyond any reasonable doubt.

11 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

There is no difference between Not Guilty and Not Proven in the law. It is a meaningless distinction.

Edit: The point is that the trial is not an evaluation of whether charges were correctly brought. The trial is only to find out if someone is guilty or not of the charges.

Slatherers are immediately saying since Salmond got off the women lied or the trial shouldn't have happened which is clearly nonsense.

Totally agree from the second paragraph onward.

Impact-wise, 'not guilty' and  'not proven' are the same but the latter has always been taken to mean 'we think you did it but the prosecution didn't prove their case' or 'not guilty and don't do it again'.

57 minutes ago, Hymlick Manouvre said:

Can't you read properly due to your substandard SNP education ? Now you are judging me on something you don't understand. I certainly do not have to explain my politics to you and your narrow bigoted little 'Scotlander' attitude. You are the exact reason that Scotland can't become independent, start taking a bit of responsibility for your own failings instead of jumping on the NastyNat bandwagon.

You have upset me so much I need to go and w**k off my dog, again.

Supports Leeds Rhino's.

11 minutes ago, harry94 said:

As much as people might feel the tide is turning etc, the independence polling figures haven't changed near as much as people would think in the midst of an absolute clusterfuck down at Westminster. Consent on a referendum has been made very clear as not forthcoming in the next parliamentary term and there's very little she can do to change that, the nonsense you keep spewing about how she can hold some sort of tangible referendum on this against the PMs consent has no basis in reality. Unless you want her to create a militia and enforce this, I'm not sure what you're actually proposing.

She's picked a strategy of presenting a progressive stable center-left government who are pro-EU and continued hammering Labour to f**k. On indyref, there's been a non-committal strategy towards boxing the party in to any commitments made on how they will fight the referendum when the UK doesn't have an arrangement sealed with the European Union which could massively change some of the headline text.

On the charge that she is working with sinister figures in dark rooms to thwart independence and using the apparatus of government to manipulate the judicial process to advance her goals, that's something I can't really disprove....

I too agree that independence is a dead end and wastes political energy that could be directed in more valuable areas. 

She clearly isn't going to do a Catalunya so it's a dead end. 

Her political allegiances clearly lie with the establishment and the status quo. She loves the Clintons, Madeleine Albright and Henry Kissinger. She commissioned a neoliberal economic strategy. She isn't capable of ending the union any more than Trump can make America great. 

2 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I was wondering whether there’s a joke I’ve missed or whether they can’t spell Heimlich

Reminds me of the hilarious McSpreader username.

30 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Ooft, the BritNats and the The Rangers fans are going to be absolutely seething about this. Delicious.

Couldn’t care less about the outcome, but it’s lovely to see the Yoons get their tits in a tantrum about something like this. It’d be funny if it wasn’t so pathetic.

As a Rangers fan, why would I  be seething about this?

36 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Image result for still game gif

9 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Excellent. Aging creep Malky's latest alias floundering all over the forum and H_B upping the tinfoilhattery. Just needing some gin-fuelled drivel from Kincy for a full house. Superb.

It's hardly tinfoil. 

The Court of Session found that the Scottish government acted unlawfully towards Salmond. Salmond believes that Sturgeon set him up according to multiple sources close to him.

There is a lot more to come in this.