Nipper Salmond

RadgerTheBadger

Can someone who is more adept at the Kremlinology of all this confirm?

Basically, Salmond thinks that the accusations were put together by a conspiracy of the accusers along with a faction of the SNP who are supporters of NIcola Sturgeon, as well as the civil service who report to the Scottish Government?  It doesn't fit exactly but it's a retread of the old 'gradualist' (in this case Sturgeon) against 'fundamentalist' (in this case Salmond) approaches to achieving indepdence, with the criminal charges part of a campaign to pre-emptively destroy any potential comeback by Salmond before it could take off?

18 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Which the evidence proved. Even his evidence bizarrely was 'aye, ahm a handsy old perv, but that's just me likes'

Quite how that translates to 'an innocent man hath been besmirched' in some people's eyes im not quite sure.

A: Because we're discussing the outcome a criminal trial rather than a morality play here. Whether you or anyone else approves of his conduct is irrelevant then.

Edited by vikingTON

4 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Can someone who is more adept at the Kremlinology of all this confirm?

Basically, Salmond thinks that the accusations were put together by a conspiracy of the accusers along with a faction of the SNP who are supporters of NIcola Sturgeon, as well as the civil service who report to the Scottish Government?  It doesn't fit exactly but it's a retread of the old 'gradualist' (in this case Sturgeon) against 'fundamentalist' (in this case Salmond) approaches to achieving indepdence, with the criminal charges part of a campaign to pre-emptively destroy any potential comeback by Salmond before it could take off?

I *think* that's the general thrust of it, aye. Apparently some of the inadmissable evidence for the defence furthers Salmond's claims regarding Sturgeon, Campbell seems pretty confident of the evidence, which Salmond must've told him personally s while back when they did the RT show.

Fully expect to see Salmond fronting up Campbell's Wings party...

9 minutes ago, Alan Stubbs said:

You see, despite this being the direct opposite of what I've been slavering on about for a year and a half, it's actually Salmond being acquitted that is really going down to bring down the SNP - every Unionist fruitcake that's appeared so far.

Honestly, just give up.

Don't forget that they were also claiming that the trial itself would be the only show in town's 'Panzers inside Stalingrad' moment - so much so that the calling of the general election was framed entirely as the SNP choosing to escape its pending electoral implosion.

Not sure how many of these straws the Yoons have got left.

2 minutes ago, Hymlick Manouvre said:

Yeah, absolutely furious.

Independence Referendum - Win

Brexit Vote - Win

General Election - Win

Low level court case - Lost

Are you sick of losing the big trophies M1

Low level court case?
You were all treating it like a death sentence before the verdict. :lol:

Also, you lost the General Election in Scotland, m8.

Edited by BawWatchin

14 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

This.

I think the more trivial accusations (and I am not condoning that behaviour) might have taken the focus away from more serious charges.

As I said previously, I was struggling to see anything more than Salmond was a sleazy old b*****d than actual criminal intent. I suppose many in the jury would feel the same given the way the evidence was presented.

Wasn't the reason for all the more 'trivial' accusations because they weren't sure the more serious ones would stand up on their own? 

3 minutes ago, Hymlick Manouvre said:

Brexit Vote - Win

General Election - Win

Ah, surprising - another “unionist” who opposes political union. The desperate hope that women had been raped just cements the lunacy of resident Little Englanders. That another one considers a sexual assault case being thrown out a “loss” tells us a lot about the morality and mental capacity of those obsessive opponents of Scotland who choose to spunk their thoughts on this forum.

Edited by Antlion

Stepping back a bit and assuming he is therefore innocent and there was no case to answer. It is very, very concerning that nine or ten women were convinced to either take part in a conspiracy or believed his behaviour was serious enough to merit this whole show.

I have no time for nationalism but this is a worrying case against Salmond. 

10 minutes ago, Hymlick Manouvre said:

Brexit Vote - Win

General Election - Win

You forgot the 2 world wars and 1 world cup.

2 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Stepping back a bit and assuming he is therefore innocent and there was no case to answer. It is very, very concerning that nine or ten women were convinced to either take part in a conspiracy or believed his behaviour was serious enough to merit this whole show.

I have no time for nationalism but this is a worrying case against Salmond. 

Woman slaps mans arse at work. Man giggles and slaps hers back.

20 years later.....

Woman takes man to court for "attempted rape" after she's fired for poor work performance.

That's the sad state our modern legal system finds itself in now.