Nipper Salmond

RadgerTheBadger

6 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Usually 30 days then scrubbed.

You would have thought there is a sign in book for civil servants and the likes for official meetings. Whether there was for Salmond‘s personal guests and hingers-on is anyone’s guess.

I would have expected an electronic ID system at the very least.  Most civil service facilities have them these days.

On 11/03/2020 at 16:08, BawWatchin said:

Yeah, because verdicts are indisputable right enough. They can't prove it definitively. But if they say it did or didn't happen, it should just be blindly accepted by everyone.

You're right of course. We should sort this out by releasing all the prisoners and deleting the criminal records of anyone ever found guilty in a trial.

Let Peter Tobin see out the remainder of his days in peace.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

5 hours ago, Geez a Braco said:

Alta-pete here desperate for Alex Salmond to be found guilty because of football team he supports.   Indoctrinated to believe it's better for Scotland to be a non-country because he worships some Dutch King who fought pesky Roman Catholics.   

3105AF9B-E8B8-4BED-B5F3-34D611272D86.gif

5 hours ago, Geez a Braco said:

Alta-pete here desperate for Alex Salmond to be found guilty because of football team he supports.   Indoctrinated to believe it's better for Scotland to be a non-country because he worships some Dutch King who fought pesky Roman Catholics.   

Tbf it's the last remaining piece of hope your average *** has left to cling onto this season. 

34 minutes ago, Geez a Braco said:

I get that, but it would have strengthened her case if she'd signed in.   Allows the defence to say it didn't happen because she wasn't even there ( she hadn't signed in).  

"I better sign this book, it's not normal practice because it's one of my regular work stations and I'm already security cleared, but I might be involved in a high profile court case in a few years. Better safe than sorry."

The women who are testifying under Woman A, B etc, how are they getting into court without being identified? Are they driven into the court grounds in a van or something, or smuggled under a blanket? Just that obviously at least two of them will be known publically.

1 minute ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I'm sure journos and members of the public will be aware of the identities of these women but the aren't allowed to be named publicly

Yes for sure. 

56 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

"I better sign this book, it's not normal practice because it's one of my regular work stations and I'm already security cleared, but I might be involved in a high profile court case in a few years. Better safe than sorry."

"Hang on, I better ask to take a photocopy of it too in case they throw it out at the end of the year when they get a new one."

4 hours ago, Rugster said:

The women who are testifying under Woman A, B etc, how are they getting into court without being identified? Are they driven into the court grounds in a van or something, or smuggled under a blanket? Just that obviously at least two of them will be known publically.

I think that, for a journalist, naming a woman who the court has specifically said shouldn't be named (even if you recognise them as they are walking into court) is a bit naughty. 

8 minutes ago, The OP said:

I think that, for a journalist, naming a woman who the court has specifically said shouldn't be named (even if you recognise them as they are walking into court) is a bit naughty. 

I think that's straight to Contempt of Court is it not? Do not pass Go, do not collect £200, etc...

Edited by alta-pete
spelling pedants

23 minutes ago, The OP said:

I realise that I'm just wondering how they're getting them into the courtroom with Joe Public hanging around and it being filmed etc.