Nipper Salmond

RadgerTheBadger

Legal process must be followed. The ducking stool first, if they drown their innocent. If they survive, feel free to burn them.

If they drown, they were an SNP member. If they float, they must be Tories.

5 hours ago, BawWatchin said:

Problem is, we'll never know whether he truly is or not, regardless of the verdict.

He really is a marmite figure. I do wonder if it’s possible for a public figure who is quite so popular with one side of a political debate and unpopular with another to get a fair trial from members of the general public. Everyone has bias. I suppose that works both ways. Maybe the women who have come forward could claim the same thing if it doesn’t go in their favour.

The defence seem to be taking the ‘your name wasn’t in the sign-in book / there was no dinner that night’ approach, but Eck doesn’t seem the type to be signing books. So, that defence wouldn’t stand up with me. I think it’ll come down to a who do you believe and if there are multiple women  he’s up against it unless the building staff provide alternative evidence.

Edited by Scary Bear

I quite like the BBC headline debate. Maybe worth looking at each and scoring whether they are in favour of prosecution or defence given that they could be written either way. 

Day 1 - Woman 'humiliated' after Alex Salmond 'lay on her naked'  is a definite goal for the prosecution.

Day 2 - 'Alex Salmond trial witness denies making up allegations' I would suggest this favours prosecution too. If written the same way as Day 1 it could've said something like "Alex Salmond trial witness "made up" allegations and "wasn't in Bute House" on night of the incident.

Prosecution 2-0 Defence. Granny's on!

I quite like the BBC headline debate. Maybe worth looking at each and scoring whether they are in favour of prosecution or defence given that they could be written either way. 
Day 1 - Woman 'humiliated' after Alex Salmond 'lay on her naked'  is a definite goal for the prosecution.
Day 2 - 'Alex Salmond trial witness denies making up allegations' I would suggest this favours prosecution too. If written the same way as Day 1 it could've said something like "Alex Salmond trial witness "made up" allegations and "wasn't in Bute House" on night of the incident.

If the first implies bias in favour of the prosecution (and it doesn’t to anyone who can read inverted commas), the second is surely in favour of the defence, as it implies the possibility that the woman in question is lying.

Of course, as somebody pointed out earlier, it may just be the ebb and flow of a court case.

11 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

Scottish edition of Indy...

DSC_0272.thumb.JPG.540614700bbe30cb837207bf91577d14.JPG

10 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

If the first implies bias in favour of the prosecution (and it doesn’t to anyone who can read inverted commas), the second is surely in favour of the defence, as it implies the possibility that the woman in question is lying.

Of course, as somebody pointed out earlier, it may just be the ebb and flow of a court case.

Disagree. 2nd headline emphasises that it has been denied. Happy with the goal for the prosecution.

8 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

Thats a better headline. 

Surely it's a matter of fact whether she was there or not.... Surely Bute House is a secure enough place that the presence of an individual is easily proved?

I'd have thought so too, CCTV by the doors at least. Maybe it's regularly scrubbed. Think she said you don't have to sign in if security recognises you.

12 hours ago, BawWatchin said:

Problem is, we'll never know whether he truly is or not, regardless of the verdict.

Jesus fucking Christ. 

There's been some amount of shite written on this site in the last few days, from DAFC on the Coronavirus thread to this absolute walloper here. 

24 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Jesus fucking Christ. 

There's been some amount of shite written on this site in the last few days, from DAFC on the Coronavirus thread to this absolute walloper here. 

Yeah, because verdicts are indisputable right enough. They can't prove it definitively. But if they say it did or didn't happen, it should just be blindly accepted by everyone.

4 hours ago, Double Jack D said:

Day 3 - Alex Salmond trial: Woman claims former first minister gave her 'very sloppy' kisses

3-0.

To be fair, I'm not sure how this could be written differently 😄.

Perhaps 'Woman claims Salmond would always greet her with a kiss' doesn't a headline make....

8 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I'd have thought so too, CCTV by the doors at least. Maybe it's regularly scrubbed. Think she said you don't have to sign in if security recognises you.

Usually 30 days then scrubbed.

7 hours ago, Geez a Braco said:

Rather convenient that she didn't sign in or sign out.    

If she didn't sign in then boot her out of court.   

You would have thought there is a sign in book for civil servants and the likes for official meetings. Whether there was for Salmond‘s personal guests and hingers-on is anyone’s guess.