Nipper Salmond

RadgerTheBadger

9 hours ago, BawWatchin said:

So if you can't prove (remember) where you were on friday the 13th 15 years ago, this serves as evidence that you were at the same place as the person accusing you?

No, exactly the opposite. If they can't prove he was there then the case collapses. I think that type of thing might have been checked though by now.

There are some interesting charges in this case.

I’m assuming some of the charges are just there to show an ongoing gropey tendency. 

The charge about touching arms and hips in a nightclub. Is that not just dancing? The bigger crime there is that a man in his 50s is hanging about in a nightclub. That screams trouble.

He seems to like touching arses in public - Stirling Castle and a chippy.

Going on the charges i’d have him down as a Dave Lee Travis more than a Jimmy Savile.

No, I did.
Seriously though, have none of you guys ever had your arse felt by a burd in a club ?
I always took it as a compliment rather than something that made me think of "sexual assault".
Thankfully Eastern Europe is still pretty normal so it's not the whole world that's gone mad.............
^^^ Yer Da'rmageddon.

4 minutes ago, placidcasual said:
On 21/11/2019 at 11:16, WATTOO said:
No, I did.
Seriously though, have none of you guys ever had your arse felt by a burd in a club ?
I always took it as a compliment rather than something that made me think of "sexual assault".
Thankfully Eastern Europe is still pretty normal so it's not the whole world that's gone mad.............

^^^ Yer Da'rmageddon.

I think of it more as Nirvana.................

5 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

I’m assuming some of the charges are just there to show an ongoing gropey tendency. 

The charge about touching arms and hips in a nightclub. Is that not just dancing? The bigger crime there is that a man in his 50s is hanging about in a nightclub. That screams trouble.

Going on the charges i’d have him down as a Dave Lee Travis more than a Jimmy Savile.

I don’t think having a slightly better taste in music will be much of a defence tbh.

5 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

You're  on to something. I'm not sure how the authorities classify sexual offenders just now, but DJ Scale would add perspictive

What a fucking car crash of a thread this is.

I’m basically seeing a few hardcore loonatic Nats claiming it’s a big conspiracy to slander the SNP and a few hardcore Yoons wetting themselves over the potential outcome, whilst the majority of sensible posters understand that you can think Salmond, if guilty, should have the book thrown at him without that undermining your personal support for the SNP/Yes.

Ultimately there are two main questions:

1) What has Salmond actually done? If the alleged rape attempt actually took place then he should be looking at several years behind bars. If his crime was more along the lines of being “a bit handsy” then simply being “cancelled” from public life may suffice.

2) Did Sturgeon attempt to cover the whole thing up? If so then she should resign, but that still wouldn’t stop me backing the next SNP leader

7 minutes ago, Donathan said:

1) What has Salmond actually done? If the alleged rape attempt actually took place then he should be looking at several years behind bars. If his crime was more along the lines of being “a bit handsy” then simply being “cancelled” from public life may suffice.

2) Did Sturgeon attempt to cover the whole thing up? If so then she should resign, but that still wouldn’t stop me backing the next SNP leader

If the attempted rape allegation was officially made in January 2018 then there is some explaining to do as to why Salmond wasn't interviewed under police caution for 12 months.

The failure yesterday of the Greater Manchester Police to provide a submission to the Ariana Grande concert terrorist attack inquiry, whilst every other agency was able to comply, may give you a steer on that one.

If the attempted rape allegation was officially made in January 2018 then there is some explaining to do as to why Salmond wasn't interviewed under police caution for 12 months.

• 5 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

A prediction for 2020 - If Salmond is acquitted, he will attempt to re-enter politics by starting his own party.

Nah, even if he's acquitted I still think that's unlikely. It would take both an acquittal and his accusers being exposed as liars or something for him to come back from that to the extent of being remotely electable. 

Nah, even if he's acquitted I still think that's unlikely. It would take both an acquittal and his accusers being exposed as liars or something for him to come back from that to the extent of being remotely electable. 

Whether he’s electable is one thing, but I don’t think he’d be able to bare staying out the limelight.