Nipper Salmond

RadgerTheBadger

11 minutes ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

Pretty sure most MPs and MSPs are very busy during recess and non-sitting days tbf. The amount of casework there is, particularly in deprived areas, is pretty onerous.

Must be depressing sometimes to be an opposition MP and effectively be a glorified citizens advice worker when someone comes to you who's been shafted by the DWP or whoever and there's not much you can do to help.

Even opposition MPs can have some sway. Mike Weir was able to resolve quite a few difficult tax credits issues when he was Angus North's MP. They have access to certain escalation routes that we advice workers don't. As you may be aware his replacement Kirstene is a HUGE fan of Universal Credit. So she'll certainly be happy with all the UC problems we'll be sending to her office. 

I doubt folk in Scotland sincerely believe that the Holyrood lot are stealing a living in comparison to Westminster MPs. Modern Studies classes early on teach pupils that the Holyrood set up is much more accommodating and modern in its practices.

11 hours ago, jupe1407 said:

Even opposition MPs can have some sway. Mike Weir was able to resolve quite a few difficult tax credits issues when he was Angus North's MP. They have access to certain escalation routes that we advice workers don't. As you may be aware his replacement Kirstene is a HUGE fan of Universal Credit. So she'll certainly be happy with all the UC problems we'll be sending to her office. 

I found it similar in relation to a passport dispute whereby the next stage of escalation was to take it to my MP.  Not taking anything away from said MP but why you need to involve these people in situations where a) you have more interest and b) you have more knowledge on the background etc. is pretty damning of our public services.  In your case, I see no reason that an MP should have more levers to pull than people who are employed on a full-time basis to understand the benefits, claim entitlement etc.  It really is a waste of an MP's time when you are quite capable and competent to do the work.

I found it similar in relation to a passport dispute whereby the next stage of escalation was to take it to my MP.  Not taking anything away from said MP but why you need to involve these people in situations where a) you have more interest and b) you have more knowledge on the background etc. is pretty damning of our public services.  In your case, I see no reason that an MP should have more levers to pull than people who are employed on a full-time basis to understand the benefits, claim entitlement etc.  It really is a waste of an MP's time when you are quite capable and competent to do the work.
MPs have access to specific routes of escalation that we don't. This is particularly useful for Universal Credit due to the Explicit Consent rules DWP introduced with it. With Legacy benefits we could directly resolve an issue as long as we passed security questions. This is not possible with UC. In one recent case DWP point blank refused to deal with us over an error they had made with a Right to Reside case. We referred it to Kirstenes researcher who was able to contact a regional manager to resolve it quickly.

MP offices come in useful in cases where DWP simply will not play ball.

Just now, jupe1407 said:

MPs have access to specific routes of escalation that we don't. This is particularly useful for Universal Credit due to the Explicit Consent rules DWP introduced with it. With Legacy benefits we could directly resolve an issue as long as we passed security questions. This is not possible with UC. In one recent case DWP point blank refused to deal with us over an error they had made with a Right to Reside case. We referred it to Kirstenes researcher who was able to contact a regional manager to resolve it quickly.

MP offices come in useful in cases where DWP simply will not play ball.

I agree that it is great to have an MP that will take up the issues, my bigger point being that it should never be required.  The escalation routes that they have open should also be available to professionals.  UC will be the downfall of this government, of that I am sure.  Great idea, badly implemented and badly administered.

2 hours ago, NotThePars said:

I doubt folk in Scotland sincerely believe that the Holyrood lot are stealing a living in comparison to Westminster MPs. Modern Studies classes early on teach pupils that the Holyrood set up is much more accommodating and modern in its practices.

Turnout is higher in Scotland for Westminster elections than Scottish Parliamentary elections

SP election

Turnout

WM  election

Turnout

I agree that it is great to have an MP that will take up the issues, my bigger point being that it should never be required.  The escalation routes that they have open should also be available to professionals.  UC will be the downfall of this government, of that I am sure.  Great idea, badly implemented and badly administered.
The change from Implicit to Explicit Consent has been frankly disastrous and made dealing with errors in an already shambolic benefit nigh on impossible. Your second last sentence may well be spot on.

On 26/01/2019 at 17:42, BawWatchin said:

Perhaps he had a semi? Wasn't quite in, wasn't quite out. Passed out drunk within minutes of her passing out.... etc.

A little bit of decorum wouldn’t go amiss. Using such terms shows a complete lack of disrespect to the alledged victims and alleged accused

As for your other posts, it’s so vividly clear you still weep the salty salty tears of that glorious morning of the 19th of September 2014

Salty, salty tears

Just now, RadgerTheBadger said:

A little bit of decorum wouldn’t go amiss. Using such terms shows a complete lack of disrespect to the alledged victims and alleged accused

As for your other posts, it’s so vividly clear you still weep the salty salty tears of that glorious morning of the 19th of September 2014

Salty, salty tears

^^^

Had his balls tickled by a tory MP imo.

15 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

^^^

Had his balls tickled by a tory MP imo.

11 minutes ago, RadgerTheBadger said:

So are you saying there’s something wrong with homosexuality?

Enjoy your ban moron

Nothing wrong with it if you gave him permission imo.

13 minutes ago, RadgerTheBadger said:

So are you saying there’s something wrong with homosexuality?

Enjoy your ban moron

I've never been banned from anywhere for randomly groping other chaps between the legs.

Although there was that one time when I slapped a flat patch.... but there were not witnesses willing to come forward, so I got away with it. shitwine.png

Salty, salty tears
Shut up you fucking freak.

38 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
On 10/02/2019 at 13:40, RadgerTheBadger said:
Salty, salty tears

Shut up you fucking freak.

The irony

On 25/08/2018 at 17:23, Al666 said:

Help ma boaby!

On 25/08/2018 at 17:46, RadgerTheBadger said:

That’s what Alex said

On 10/02/2019 at 13:40, RadgerTheBadger said:

A little bit of decorum wouldn’t go amiss. Using such terms shows a complete lack of disrespect to the alledged victims and alleged accused.

21 minutes ago, RadgerTheBadger said:

The irony

So, as well as being a sniveling, cowardly piece of shit, you're also a massive hypocrite.

Shocked tbh.