Nipper Salmond

RadgerTheBadger

3 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

But if they're so sure of his guilt to any of these charges, then why would they need to make a deal with him to get him to plead guilty to other charges? Seems to me the kind of offer they would make if they can't actually prove shit.

I'm just passing on an alternative possible scenario. If the CPS are so sure they have a cast iron case then they wouldn't offer any deal and go straight to trial.

But if they're not so sure, they could go overboard on the charges in the hope the accused admits to a lesser charge 

3 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

CPS have no authority in Scotland and there isnt really much of a lesser charge than a s3 sosa in terms of unwanted sexual contact.

They must because I was speaking to a lawyer yesterday and asked and that was the reply 

3 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

I'm just passing on an alternative possible scenario. If the CPS are so sure they have a cast iron case then they wouldn't offer any deal and go straight to trial.

But if they're not so sure, they could go overboard on the charges in the hope the accused admits to a lesser charge 

You really should be aware that Scotland has its own legal system, which is quite separate from that which exists in England.

6 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

They must because I was speaking to a lawyer yesterday and asked and that was the reply 

I wouldn't be going to them for advice then.  CPS does not operate in Scotland.

From Wiki - The Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) is the principal public prosecuting agency for conducting criminal prosecutions in England and Wales. It is headed by the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP).

Edited by Wee Bully

Just now, Wee Bully said:

1 minute ago, Wee Bully said:

Yes, Crown Office I meant

2 minutes ago, Lex said:

Hard to see how Nippy stays as FM if there’s any kind of guilty verdict here.

This could bring the whole house of cards down, what a pity.

#WeeNicKnew

Imagine being so craven and spineless that you are desperate for a horrible crime(s) to be true in case it damages the chances of a country being able to govern itself one day.

Surprised you can even leave the house such is the massive shitebaggery you display. What a horrible little cretin you are.

29 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

The CPS could agree to drop some charges if Salmond plead guilty to other lesser charges. By that you could avoid a trial and jail albeit your political career would be over.

You think the Crown will drop the attempted rape charges if Salmond pleads guilty to breach of the peace? :lol:

32 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

But if they're so sure of his guilt to any of these charges, then why would they need to make a deal with him to get him to plead guilty to other charges? Seems to me the kind of offer they would make if they can't actually prove shit.

Saves everyone a lot of money and time if they can avoid a trial.

54 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

What he actually said was that he was innocent of any criminality, which might suggest that he'll concede behaving badly but not that it would reach the threshold of criminal law. 

My apologises you are right in what he said.   However in these charges where do you draw the line between behaving badly and the threshold of criminal law?

If you are fooling around and you touch someone inappropriately she may not object and let you go  further or alternately she may slap you in the face and report you for indecent assault.  No means no.  Where exactly is the line drawn?    A very fine line nowdays given Wienstein etc.

2 minutes ago, Moonglum25 said:

Where exactly is the line drawn?    A very fine line nowdays given Wienstein etc.

That fine line between forcing a woman to watch you spunking into a plant pot or not.

9 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Saves everyone a lot of money and time if they can avoid a trial.

Surely they would wish to keep a certain rapist locked up and away from the public for as long as possible, despite the time and money involved? Also factoring in who the person is, they would surely wish to set an example?

Unless of course, they can't actually prove that he's done anything wrong and are just hoping that he pleads guilty to something.

25 minutes ago, Lex said:

Hard to see how Nippy stays as FM if there’s any kind of guilty verdict here.

This could bring the whole house of cards down, what a pity.

#WeeNicKnew

She's managed to avoid the scrutiny of a parliamentary inquiry which might have forced her to resign so she's bought some time.

6 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

Surely they would wish to keep a certain rapist locked up and away from the public for as long as possible, despite the time and money involved? Also factoring in who the person is, they would surely wish to set an example?

Unless of course, they can't actually prove that he's done anything wrong and are just hoping that he pleads guilty to something.

Yes, if the evidence is weak they may hope that's what happens. Could be anything is better than nothing.