Today's score 25th Aug

fitba coupon

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, energyzone said:

Ref did ok - a couple of decisions I disagreed with but nothing major and no different to any other game (he was much closer to the action than most of us on the sidelines anyway).

Buffs just couldn't break Clydebank down. They scored their second with a breakaway but we had pretty much all the possession and territory in the second half but couldn't turn it into a goal scoring opportunity. Buffs will play worse and win this season.

That tweet was terrible - it's not as if we have facilities to brag about after all. Someone from the club should apologise.

he was trying to be funny obviously - tbf it seems like most folk reacted like you which is positive. Surprised we haven't had any cunny funt mention the Blitz mind you 

6 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

he was trying to be funny obviously - tbf it seems like most folk reacted like you which is positive. Surprised we haven't had any cunny funt mention the Blitz mind you 

Not to worry. Bankies are doing well on the park and that is what matters . The rest will fall into place in due course

Did Clydebank bring referee Jordan Paterson with them

Haha he wis shocking for both teams he gave offside against us twice in 1st half when linesman didnt. Use r just raging the homeless team beat use [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] cheers for whoever done that tweet it saved mcanespie doing a team talk  

Mon the papers

Haha he wis shocking for both teams he gave offside 2 us twice in 1st half when linesman didnt. Use r just raging the homeless team beat use [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] cheers fo whoever done that tweet it said mcanespie doing a team talk

Mon the papers
Have you been on the sauce all night

Ref did ok - a couple of decisions I disagreed with but nothing major and no different to any other game (he was much closer to the action than most of us on the sidelines anyway).

Buffs just couldn't break Clydebank down. They scored their second with a breakaway but we had pretty much all the possession and territory in the second half but couldn't turn it into a goal scoring opportunity. Buffs will play worse and win this season.

That tweet was terrible - it's not as if we have facilities to brag about after all. Someone from the club should apologise.
Spoke 2 a few people from the buffs yesterday they seem decent but chairman and tweetman let use down

Mon the papers

8 minutes ago, Blaze said:

Some delicate wee souls out there. A wee bit of attempted humour. Chill. 

it's hardly delicate to point out that the tweet makes them look like an absolute 2 bob outfit ran by halfwits.

if they're happy to be regarded as such then I doubt much sleep will be lost.

Cumnock 3 Renfrew 1
much improved performance, 
thought we dominated large parts of the game but didn't take our chances,
not convinced about the penalty, red card was (sadly) right, having deservedly equalised we went to sleep at the second goal and third we were caught chasing the equaliser.
Progress, yes but alas still another defeat and with the Troon and Rob Roy scores a sore one.

I think “dominated” is being a bit economical with the facts

You threatened for short periods during the game , mainly through the number 9 and number 7 (?), but, not dominating by any stretch

You were playing against a team with 9 regulars available , some on holiday or not available for other reasons, and a lot of the Frew attacks were down to careless Cumnock passes

Your subs in the second half were an improvement , mainly in urgency than quality play, but, Cumnock were on top when they scored second goal and were well on top till the end of the game

As far as the red card was concerned , the big fella was fortunate not to have left the play earlier after what could only be described as an assault on our winger, who was making a complete tool of him and he kicked him , grabbed him round the neck and threw him to the ground , seen by both the hopeless ref and linesman , who was literally 5 yards from the incident

Cumnock were not great , but, Renfrew were only slightly better than they were a few weeks ago when they got demolished by Cumnock in a friendly

1 hour ago, Bul2 said:

I think “dominated” is being a bit economical with the facts

You threatened for short periods during the game , mainly through the number 9 and number 7 (?), but, not dominating by any stretch

You were playing against a team with 9 regulars available , some on holiday or not available for other reasons, and a lot of the Frew attacks were down to careless Cumnock passes

Your subs in the second half were an improvement , mainly in urgency than quality play, but, Cumnock were on top when they scored second goal and were well on top till the end of the game

As far as the red card was concerned , the big fella was fortunate not to have left the play earlier after what could only be described as an assault on our winger, who was making a complete tool of him and he kicked him , grabbed him round the neck and threw him to the ground , seen by both the hopeless ref and linesman , who was literally 5 yards from the incident

Cumnock were not great , but, Renfrew were only slightly better than they were a few weeks ago when they got demolished by Cumnock in a friendly

Not quite sure what game you were watching,

at a conservative estimate I'd say we had at least 70% of the game.

Why were you missing so many players?

It took until the 20th minute before our keeper had a save to make,

yours had had plenty before then.

The penalty the only person in the ground who thought it was, was the ref,

I think it's always a fair barometer when you see the reaction of the players,

none of yours were claiming instead they played on as it was just two players coming together going for the ball. 

Even then a goal down we had pretty much all the chances in the rest of the half, save for Anson failing to convert just before the break, although I'd credit Burgess for the save.

Second half you started a bit better, 

but the game turned on the red card,

no complaints about that,

gross stupidity!

Even then it would be hard to say that we didn't deserve the equaliser when it came,

alas, having got back in the game we go to sleep for your second, the guys good enough without us gifting him time and space!

If truth be told that (and the man short) knocked the stuffing out us and much as we huffed and puffed the third goal on the break was almost inevitable.

As for the comparison between yesterday and the friendly,

I'd say we were a much improved team from that game,

problem for us is we've got a lot of players who haven't played at this level before,

it's a steep learning curve,

you make a mistake you get punished,

you create a chance you really have to take it,

apart from the Glenafton game, when we were sadly outclassed, we've been unlucky not to take more from all our games including yesterday,

however, bad luck is one thing and we need to start finding a way to win games,

the next five are all against our fellow promoted sides,

wins are a must!

I was watching the same game as you and I think if you thought your team had 70% of the game your team are never going to be good enough for you as it was never 70-30 in either teams favour

As far as the reason for missing players was concerned, I said due to holidays and other reasons, is that not a good enough summing up for you or is that only 70% of the reason again

I hope that The Frew do well and stay up as I like them and have always like my trips up there and am
Looking forward to my 1st trip to the new set up later in the season

amazing how people see or read what they want to.

I am happy with Renfrew,

do not mistake my comments for anything other than a cold hard realism of the task that faces us this season,

we have a number of players who are being tested like they never have before,

some will sink others will flourish,

however, I think we have more than enough of the latter,

we will find our level and I think we will stay up.

This is our first season in the big league for more than a decade,

I will take 4th bottom right now!

As for my question of why some of your players were missing,

a genuine query as what I heard at the game yesterday seems incredulous in this age,

so I genuinely would like to know were a number of your players at a stag do?

I have always enjoyed our games with the Nock down the years,

long may they continue!

2 hours ago, Frew Fan 2001 said:

Not quite sure what game you were watching,

at a conservative estimate I'd say we had at least 70% of the game.

Why were you missing so many players?

It took until the 20th minute before our keeper had a save to make,

yours had had plenty before then.

The penalty the only person in the ground who thought it was, was the ref,

I think it's always a fair barometer when you see the reaction of the players,

none of yours were claiming instead they played on as it was just two players coming together going for the ball. 

Even then a goal down we had pretty much all the chances in the rest of the half, save for Anson failing to convert just before the break, although I'd credit Burgess for the save.

Second half you started a bit better, 

but the game turned on the red card,

no complaints about that,

gross stupidity!

Even then it would be hard to say that we didn't deserve the equaliser when it came,

alas, having got back in the game we go to sleep for your second, the guys good enough without us gifting him time and space!

If truth be told that (and the man short) knocked the stuffing out us and much as we huffed and puffed the third goal on the break was almost inevitable.

As for the comparison between yesterday and the friendly,

I'd say we were a much improved team from that game,

problem for us is we've got a lot of players who haven't played at this level before,

it's a steep learning curve,

you make a mistake you get punished,

you create a chance you really have to take it,

apart from the Glenafton game, when we were sadly outclassed, we've been unlucky not to take more from all our games including yesterday,

however, bad luck is one thing and we need to start finding a way to win games,

the next five are all against our fellow promoted sides,

wins are a must!

19 minutes ago, Frew Fan 2001 said:

amazing how people see or read what they want to.

I am happy with Renfrew,

do not mistake my comments for anything other than a cold hard realism of the task that faces us this season,

we have a number of players who are being tested like they never have before,

some will sink others will flourish,

however, I think we have more than enough of the latter,

we will find our level and I think we will stay up.

This is our first season in the big league for more than a decade,

I will take 4th bottom right now!

As for my question of why some of your players were missing,

a genuine query as what I heard at the game yesterday seems incredulous in this age,

so I genuinely would like to know were a number of your players at a stag do?

I have always enjoyed our games with the Nock down the years,

long may they continue!

Long you done the poetry for mate?

I think it’s all down to opinions regarding the Nock v Frew game, but, as you say, it’s better looking positive and hoping that the season pans out well for both teams

I remember many games at the old Western Park (?), one in particular , which I think was a Scottish Cup tie.
My brother , my mate and myself enjoyed a few refreshments in the old social club at the ground and then purchased raffle tickets and the prizes were bottles and/ or half bottles of spirits
We proceeded to win 3 half bottles of vodka and hastily despatched 3 young Frew supporters to a local shop to get us 2 big bottles of “ginger” and we telt the boys to bring another empty bottle back as well
We hastily decanted half of each bottle of lemonade into the empty bottle and topped the 2 bottles up with the vodka
Suffice to say, in a short period of time we were “feeling no pain”
And the last memory I have is leaning over the barrier/ rail on the opposite side of the park from the social club and doing a lovely forward roll and landing square on my back on the edge of the park, just as the Frew full back went to take a throw in

Boy did I have a hangover the next day

We had a great time that day and that was the same any time we visited the Frew

Good luck for the rest of the season

Archived