PES 2019

Replays

12 hours ago, kyle* said:

@super_carson, any progress/updates on the 2021 patch?

Can't seem to find anything other than the Scottish classic team option file for 2021. I wish I had found this before I bought 2021 on sale, I'd have just bought 2020 if I knew there was an  expanded Scottish pyramid available.

Hey pal,

Are you gaming on PC?  If so, I'm currently working on updating the 2020 patch for this season, I've only got 8 League Two teams to update.  If it's on console then what I'm working on won't be compatible.  

9 hours ago, super_carson said:

Hey pal,

Are you gaming on PC?  If so, I'm currently working on updating the 2020 patch for this season, I've only got 8 League Two teams to update.  If it's on console then what I'm working on won't be compatible.  

Yes I'm on PC. Thanks for the update, let us know when it's all set.

Always wanted to play ML with expanded cups, promotion/relegation, etc.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thinking the same. Really disappointed. As a PC player it looks like I’ll be in a bit of a wilderness this year. Unless PES pulls something major out the bag, I can’t see me investing anytime in that. Fifa’s next gen offering is PS5/Series X only so I don’t think there’s much enticing me to play either game. I’m not even too fussed to just play PES 2021 again given it was already PES 2020 literally re-skinned.

There must have been major development issues (Covid related?). This can’t have been what they were hoping to make a couple of years ago, surely?

3 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

Thinking the same. Really disappointed. As a PC player it looks like I’ll be in a bit of a wilderness this year. Unless PES pulls something major out the bag, I can’t see me investing anytime in that. Fifa’s next gen offering is PS5/Series X only so I don’t think there’s much enticing me to play either game. I’m not even too fussed to just play PES 2021 again given it was already PES 2020 literally re-skinned.

There must have been major development issues (Covid related?). This can’t have been what they were hoping to make a couple of years ago, surely?

I think most Japanese game devs have been hit hard by Covid. Konami have been making all their money from gambling machines in recent years, so I suppose moving their already very profitable football franchise to Free to Play is the next logical step in that business model.

Unfortunately the shameless cash-grab model of games like Fortnight will continue to engulf sports games. Developers know there's loads of cash in paid DLCs and loot boxes and "player packs". Reel folk in with "free to play" and then bleed them dry for the extras.

I miss the days when you paid for a game and you got a finished and complete product, not some bug-ridden beta that you end up paying to get fixed through season passes and expansion packs.

The backlash from the long-standing fans of the series has been quite strong but I don't think Konami are all that fussed. They're now targeting a younger, console/mobile centered, generation of players.

For those that play on PC, all is not lost. I'll be working on an updated spfl mod ahead of the new league season.

Edited by super_carson

Why does it look like the end of the road?
In what way is not needing to pay for basically the same game every year a bad thing? 

Other than the game play, the thing PES always had over FIFA was that in myclub you didn't have to spend any money to build a decent team. No doubt that will all change now with microtransactions.

Other than the game play, the thing PES always had over FIFA was that in myclub you didn't have to spend any money to build a decent team. No doubt that will all change now with microtransactions.
Problem I had with Pro Ev was online was very hit and miss. Some opponents were very laggy and matches felt scripted.

If master league and become a legend modes are gone I'll be devastated.

Problem I had with Pro Ev was online was very hit and miss. Some opponents were very laggy and matches felt scripted.

If master league and become a legend modes are gone I'll be devastated.

I'm the opposite, very rarely play offline. I've never tried master league and the odd BAL game just seems to be the opposing centre backs shelling the ball at each other even on the highest difficulty level.

A lot of moaning about nothing over on their twitter page. It's literally the same thing as before, just marketed differently.

MyClub has always been free to play but marketed as PES Lite. So if you wanted ML or BAP you bought the full game.

That hasn't changed, just removing the "Lite" from the free to play aspect is more likely to pull in more casual players or people who WANT to move away from FIFA.

ETA there's also a lot of 'if it's free it must be shite' completely ignoring the fact that the biggest games about right now are free to play games.

Edited by #Gary

3 hours ago, #Gary said:

It's literally the same thing as before, just marketed differently.

It doesn't look that way atm.

No confirmed leagues.

No confirmed local game modes at launch.

No confirmed edit mode at launch.

No confirmed Master League at launch.

9 clubs at launch.

It sounds very much like PES-Lite.

Edited by Todd_is_God

No confirmed leagues.
9 clubs at launch.
[emoji25] can't handle this.

Was buzzing to see how it got on with the switch to ps5. Plus the fact they took a year out last year to focus on the ps5 release. Was that all just a load of bullshit then?

On 22/07/2021 at 17:12, Todd_is_God said:

No confirmed leagues.

9 clubs at launch.

9 clubs at launch with only exhibition matches? That's the demo!

• 2 weeks later...